Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

32 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This was entirely predictable back in March/April when I was losing my shit about the administration dragging their feet on the legislative agenda.  You can blame Manchin all you want but it’s important to note there was no urgency nine months ago when it was most needed. 

39 minutes ago, elfenix said:

So he'll probably call the press "the enemy of the people" and start a propaganda network of fake news, right?

Oh right, no, he won't, because he's an actual leader and can complain without promoting civil fucking war.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, 'stache said:

So he'll probably call the press "the enemy of the people" and start a propaganda network of fake news, right?

Oh right, no, he won't, because he's an actual leader and can complain without promoting civil fucking war.

this is a world class, "But, Trump!"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Real aggressive pivot to voting rights, guys. 

I hate this fucking party so much.

I kinda agree, but it might be an optics thing. Biden is on track to fill more judicial vacancies than tfg at this same time. He's passed many of goals in his first year. It might be possible they know something more about timing than we do. I'm not saying they do, but i lean more toward benefit of the doubt than negativity at this point. I'm still not overly optimistic, but so far I'm not displeased with what's happened. 

That said, a huge messaging shift needs to happen and tomorrow if Biden wants to accomplish anything else. He has had benefit of a mostly favorable congress and won't have that much longer. The next 9 months should be spent hammering on covid protocols and accomplishments despite setbacks of the pandemic. There's a window to keep control and thankfully an arthritic troll is closing it, but there's still time to prop it open. 

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

1 minute ago, Bravo said:

It would be worse. You wouldn't want to do that.

I just looked up gas prices.

Jun 2019 - 2.80

Jun 2020 - 2.17

Jun 2021 - 3.15

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=pet&s=emm_epm0_pte_nus_dpg&f=m

Just using that one metric, it seems like looking at 2019 would show inflation is less than what is being thrown around right now.  My whole assumption was that using 2020 as the basis for YoY inflation seems a bit disingenuous, considering we were in the middle of a pandemic with no vaccine and most of the world was shut down.  No shit prices were lower then.

I'm willing to learn if that doesn't make sense.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Inflation out of control and crime out of control are just the Republican go to when a dem takes office. It’s never been true then and aint now. It’s just fear mongering which is what these assholes do best so they can take back power from the people and then those issues magically disappear and they can proceed with fleecing the country which is all they know and want to do. 

Rinse and repeat. 

• Haha 1

Troy Nehls (my rep) has nothing better to do than post memes on Twitter and then say he’s sponsoring a bill for 100,000 police. He voted against every bill so far that’s had money for police forces. Did was an OK sheriff, but he quickly became a GOP hack.

His tweets consist of the border is over run, crime is up and Biden is at fault. Same shit, different day.

2 minutes ago, Bravo said:

You aren't wrong in a sense. Both parties play their cards. Like the race card. The most tradtional card ever played by the dems every election. You won't like this but most Americans don't believe the US is a racist country anymore. We have the electorate voting for a black president twice and now a black woman VP once even before a white woman could get there. That card is getting burnt and that's why 2022 why be messy for the dems. Regardless of inflation.

LMAO.  40% of this country is racist as fuck.  You vote right along with them.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

I would say trump getting elected in response to Obama being the president is pretty good evidence that a significant part of this country is still racist as fuck. Trump came to political power based on his birther lie about Obama on Twitter which is exactly what the racists wanted to hear and believe.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, Bravo said:

How would Obama win like he did twice and Biden with record votes if that was true? You're wrong and keep believing that. Helps the conservative cause.

The conservative cause? Is this a joke?

Nobody who supports Trump is a conservative. They are either idiots, racists, radicals or suffering from early stages of dementia. You seem like you’re in the idiot category. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/12/2021 at 12:19 PM, Biff Tannen said:

I’d submit americans as a whole are morons and people in DC as a whole are also morons. That said, I don’t think the vast majority of Americans understand inflation either.  

The DC morons are generally smarter than the average American morons because they have grifted off the average American moron for most of their careers.

As far as understanding how the economy works, or good public policy, they're probably about equally stupid.

8 minutes ago, Bravo said:

It does switch back and forth because a small % of people are racist. Not saying we dont have racist people but 90% vote for the person. It's why so many blue collar voters who voted for Obama switched to Trump. Y'all want to grasp onto the race card so hard. Hell, the 1st black person in higher office in VA is a (R) and also a woman. It isn't race anymore y'all. I know this is a concern for the left.

Diamond and silk used to grift on Fox News for a reason. They got to make money and the Fox News audience got to feel better about themselves saying bullshit like you just did. 

I hate this elitist attitude. People understand pocketbooks and how things affect them. This attitude is why the dems are about to get slammed hard. Maybe the biggest switch in an election in Congress ever. Looking down on people. Most voters sense this. CR doesnt get this. It's how Trump was elected and y'all don't learn.

Ah the old people on the internet are being mean so we’re gonna elect a moron like trump president so that’ll show ya! 

How did Trump get the highest % of the black vote in ages? You're not getting it. Still a small % but it grew. Things are switching and it is shocking to me. Rs are now starting to a lot of people to be for the common man and Ds are looking to be for the elitists. It's true unless you want to realize it or not. Bases are switching. It is super intriguing. 

Stupid black people aren’t above voting against their interests either.

How did Trump get the highest % of the black vote in ages? You're not getting it. Still a small % but it grew. Things are switching and it is shocking to me. Rs are now starting to a lot of people to be for the common man and Ds are looking to be for the elitists. It's true unless you want to realize it or not. Bases are switching. It is super intriguing. 

The republicans are for the common man? Hilarious. When will the complete lies stop? 

Anyone who believes that is a moron which is why republicans over the past decades have opposed education at every turn to bring us to this point where morons like you say that with a straight face. 

13 minutes ago, Bravo said:

I hate this elitist attitude. People understand pocketbooks and how things affect them. This attitude is why the dems are about to get slammed hard. Maybe the biggest switch in an election in Congress ever. Looking down on people. Most voters sense this. CR doesnt get this. It's how Trump was elected and y'all don't learn.

Yes and they're fucking stupid because they blame the current President for problems that have been brewing for years.

Trump didn't solve any goddamn problems.  He made things worse.

American voters have been suckered by lies by both side for my entire adult life.  The lies are getting more contemptible now, more obviously false, and more malignant in their deceptiveness.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

we'll this will be either a landslide midterm or like you think the public will be smart again. I guess if it happens then the avg American is stupid again but they weren't for 8 yrs of Obama or the next 3 yrs with Biden/Harris.

Predictions about elections one year out are extremely stupid. 

And you know what? No matter what happens in 2022, Joe Biden will still be the president until 2024. Hopefully by that time trump will be either rotting in a prison cell, hanging on a rope, or has fleed to Russia. And you and his psycho supporters can bang all the drums you want. 

12 minutes ago, Bravo said:

so anyone voting for a R that isnt a white male is stupid? Or are you wrong?

Perhaps I wasn’t clear. What I meant to say is that stupid black people (however small the number) are not above voting against their own self interests. Hope that clears it up.

30 minutes ago, Bravo said:

It does switch back and forth because a small % of people are racist. Not saying we dont have racist people but 90% vote for the person. It's why so many blue collar voters who voted for Obama switched to Trump. 

WTF are you babbling about?  I strongly suggest you go dig up the historical popular vote for POTUS and get back to us.  (Hint:  the Democratic candidate has won the popular vote 7 out of the last 8 Presidential elections, and the Dems aren't the racists.)

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

Obama broke a lot of white people's brains.

This is something I've seen. My family members that were "republican" went full on klan after Obama. First it was I will never vote again and now it's vote for every white person that says jesus

2 hours ago, Bravo said:

Are you a Trump supporter?

The majority of Americans will vote Democrat just like the last 30 years, because they are tired of the corporations shitting on the worker and tired of the American Taliban, but Republicans will take control of the house and senate because they realized a long time ago they can’t win the popular vote. They win by restricting voting rights in big cities, and stoking racial fears in the rural areas. Rinse repeat. Unless the Dems grow balls to change things, this is going nowhere good. Spoiler: they won’t. 

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

I voted for him. I assume you're doing the bUt tRuMp stuff like the rest do in the Joe Biden thread. There is literally all the other threads for bUt tRuMp. I think all of them. The left is going to lose on this 1 issue. US has moved on. You will see.
If only the right could move on from Trump... more specifically Trumpism and the grievance politics that go with it. But here we are still dealing with this bullshit. He may have only intended to use the bullshit to gain power, but it's his movement now. If you want the "but Trump stuff" to end, then do your part to kill it once and for all.

But you won't do that... you'll vote for him a 3rd time if you get the chance. Fuck! People didn't vote 3 times for George Washington, but they'll do it for Donald Trump.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tchookem said:

If only the right could move on from Trump... more specifically Trumpism and the grievance politics that go with it. But here we are still dealing with this bullshit. He may have only intended to use the bullshit to gain power, but it's his movement now. If you want the "but Trump stuff" to end, then do your part to kill it once and for all.

But you won't do that... you'll vote for him a 3rd time if you get the chance. Fuck! People didn't vote 3 times for George Washington, but they'll do it for Donald Trump.

Yep.  If it's GOP it's Trump currently.  Until the GOP renounces Trump and all he stands for, there is no legitimate conservative political party in the United States.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1