Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

and yet his approval remains underwater.Ā  facts don't matter.

Some of it is the fractured Democratic Party, obstinate Republican Party and some of it is I think are pent up unrealistic expectations after 4 years of nothing/going backwards with Trump.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Quoting this again because god damn this is the dumbest thing I will see all day.Ā  Just god damn.

I mean, there is a hint truth to it. The administrationā€™s credit claiming on the economy is a bit out of context. Americans are still dying by the thousand daily from covid but at least everyone is working again! Yay us.Ā 
Ā 

And I donā€™t fault Biden for pimping favorable Ā economic numbers, itā€™s what politicians do.Ā 

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I donā€™t remember anyone before the election arguing how awesome Joe Biden would be as president. Ā Hell, even most Democratic voters would likely prefer someone else. Ā But the goal with Biden wasnā€™t to solve problems, it was merely to win one election.Ā 

He is a band-aid on a gunshot wound.

Ā 

On 12/9/2021 at 11:53 AM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

how did this thread fall to the second page? I surely thought our DT denizens would be in here telling us how incompetent JB is. Oh well

Ā 

as i posted in the fox news thread, biden has been president for 10 months. if you go back to the last 10 months of the reagan admin, the dems and reps have held the presidency for equal amounts of time - 4 terms + 10 months each.Ā  over that time period, ~44,000,000 net jobs have been added to the economy.Ā  less than 4 million of those have been during the republican admins.Ā  democrats are ahead by more than a full order of magnitude.Ā  and they are completely unable to communicate that fact.Ā 

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 5

17 minutes ago, F250 said:

He is a band-aid on a gunshot wound.

My criticism of him before the nomination was he is a candidate that would likely ensure weā€™d get a Trump or worse again. Ā I understand why he was nominated but electing Biden is the democrats repeating some of the same mistakes that led to Trump in the first place. Ā In short, weak and aloof leadership that prefers to talk itself out of doing the right, necessary things in hopes that everything will just work itself out.Ā 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

My criticism of him before the nomination was he is a candidate that would likely ensure weā€™d get a Trump or worse again. Ā I understand why he was nominated but electing Biden is the democrats repeating some of the same mistakes that led to Trump in the first place. Ā In short, weak and aloof leadership that prefers to talk itself out of doing the right, necessary things in hopes that everything will just work itself out.Ā 

The Democrats did what was necessary to beat an incumbent. Thatā€™s the long and short of it.Ā 

11 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I don't disagree.

Ā 

7 minutes ago, Satchel said:

The Democrats did what was necessary to beat an incumbent. Thatā€™s the long and short of it.Ā 

Now what are they going to do about 2024? Running an 82 year old candidate isn't feasible. Kamala is very bleh. Meanwhile Republicans are restructuring election procedures across the country.

Things don't look promising.

Ā 

11 minutes ago, Satchel said:

While true, this makes an implicit assumption that only Biden could beat Trump and Iā€™m sure some believe it, because itā€™s comforting and Biden did beat Trump (the worst President in memory).

Donā€™t get me wrong, I want Biden to succeed and Iā€™ll vote for him again because there is no alternative but I canā€™t ignore the death cycle weā€™re in due to a void of leadership and accountability. Ā We deserve better.Ā 

13 minutes ago, F250 said:

I don't disagree.

Ā 

Now what are they going to do about 2024? Running an 82 year old candidate isn't feasible. Kamala is very bleh. Meanwhile Republicans are restructuring election procedures across the country.

Ā 

Looks fine to me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, F250 said:

I'm sure most advocates of Right Wing Nationalism are encouraged, Classical Liberals are concerned.

Ā 

Classical liberals don't have a major party right now.

And I was just joking about election forecast.Ā  It is way, way too early to make predictions on the midterms.

1 hour ago, F250 said:

I don't disagree.

Ā 

Ā 

Is it a given that Trump will be Desantis in the primary?Ā  I could see a lot R's rallying around him as a less-insane choice for the nomination.Ā  If that happens early enough in the process, he might be able to win.Ā 

On 12/9/2021 at 9:53 AM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

how did this thread fall to the second page? I surely thought our DT denizens would be in here telling us how incompetent JB is. Oh well

Ā 

That isn't job creation. That's called going back to work after a pandemic shut down of the economy. People actually believe this?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

That isn't job creation. That's called going back to work after a pandemic shut down of the economy. People actually believe this?

It's a parody of Trumpā€™s declarations of success and yes it works.

Ā 

• Hook 'Em 4

48 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Iā€™d just be happy if the most powerful man in the world could read. Ā Letā€™s go from there.Ā 

Maybe this is one of them conservative jokes that are too smart for liberals but I thought that the complaint was he literally read whatever was in front of him? But Bravo and Longhornlove seemed to love it so what do I know?

Edited by Serak The Preparer

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I mean, there is a hint truth to it. The administrationā€™s credit claiming on the economy is a bit out of context. Americans are still dying by the thousand daily from covid but at least everyone is working again! Yay us.Ā 
Ā 

And I donā€™t fault Biden for pimping favorable Ā economic numbers, itā€™s what politicians do.Ā 

Yeah, I got an email update from NYT pointing out that, despite the numbers, the economy doesn't FEEL good to a lot of people.

• Rage+1 1

38 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Same people that voted in democrats as president 3 of last 4 elections? They are stupid.Ā 

7 of the last 8. But electoral college gonna electoral college to make sure that the dumbest fucking people keep getting more representation than they deserve.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Bravo said:

I wasn't talking popular vote dumbass I was talking election winners. You know what actually counts. You're the one that changed the context. Moron.Ā 

Oh right, I have seen "We're not a democracy; we're Republic!" making the rounds as the latest right wing talking point for dipshits.

• Hook 'Em 2

Remember everyone, Bravo is the dude who felt if necessary to post pictures of his diploma. Then, when people called him out for his girlish hands, felt it necessary to not-so-subtly hint at his penis size. You know, like a secure, not emotionally fragile person. Seriously one of the most pathetic displays that I've ever seen. If I knew absolutely nothing else about you, I'd still be able to ascertain who you voted for with 100% accuracy.

• Hook 'Em 7

10 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Lol. You just called out his dick size Then crawfish to, ā€œnot a personal attackā€. Ā Come On Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

Ā 

No, I said that he immediately brought up his dick size when someone made fun of his hands (like another alpha male we all know). No one else gives a flying fuck. Pay attention, dude.

• Hook 'Em 1

Ɨ
Ɨ