Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

3 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Klippenstein wins the internet again! Nevermind that this is how a $15 minimum wage increase actually gets passed. Keep on getting those likes/retweets from your uninformed followers, though. Very helpful!

No, there is worse. Because now the goalpost has been moved to $20/hour by the far twitter left (including Brie Brie) after years of rallying for $15/hour.

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

No, there is worse. Because now the goalpost has been moved to $20/hour by the far twitter left (including Brie Brie) after years of rallying for $15/hour.

Doesn't $15 sound more reasonable now that a few on the left say $20?

It's how government makes sausage. 

Always make the big ask

• Like 3

Plus she retweeted this below. The irony, symbolism, whatever you call it of this group of maskless women in a town named Rome, meeting with someone who supports a deranged populist is off the charts. Good article from a couple of months ago regarding Rome (not Georgia):https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/11/03/donald-trump-julius-caesar-433956

• Rage+1 1

37 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yes.  What is important is that the Trump admin never looked like a clown show at any briefing.....

Untitled_design_-_2020-11-28T173613.855_

These people are fucking insane and evil.  All of them.  They are a poison.

I saw Biden at the tiny desk too recently. He looked less ridiculous than Trump, but I think trump just looks stupid at all times these days. Question is, why does this thing exist? Can't they make a more regal looking moveable desk for this stuff? He's the president of the United Fucking States. I have a card table in my garage that looks more formal than this thing.

Edited by 'stache

13 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Plus she retweeted this below. The irony, symbolism, whatever you call it of this group of maskless women in a town named Rome, meeting with someone who supports a deranged populist is off the charts. Good article from a couple of months ago regarding Rome (not Georgia):https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/11/03/donald-trump-julius-caesar-433956

Holy shit, that is a room full of Karens.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I saw Biden at the tiny desk too recently. He looked less ridiculous than Trump, but I think trump just looks stupid at all times these days. Question is, why does this thing exist? Can't they make a more regal looking moveable desk for this stuff? He's the president of the United Fucking States. I have a card table in my garage that looks more formal than this thing.

Hmm, this is like a reverse spicy tan suit. I feel obligated to make fun of Biden now. 

54 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

This looks like an open call audition for a community theater adaptation of Winter's Bone.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Doesn't $15 sound more reasonable now that a few on the left say $20?

It's how government makes sausage. 

Always make the big ask

Personally, I think it should be scaled based on cost of living.  We aren't a one size fits all nation. A country store with 5 employees can't really afford a minimum $12,000 in labor costs a month. More with benefits. Plus if rent is $300 or $400 a month in that town, those employees are getting way more purchasing power parity than someone making the same in a city where rents are 3 or 4 times higher. 

Conservatives are full of shit when they say high minimum wages cause issues in expensive urban areas. Those areas have plenty of buffer to spread the wealth. However, a $15 min wage would absolutely cause issues in most small towns. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

If I had mad computer skills I'd shop Bill Murray in for that guy in the back.

16691651d25d51e063e8ce684767cd3e.gif

• Haha 1

upon reflection of Biden's "disastrous first week" as asserted by Sean Hannity on Biden's first full day..

Trumps's first week

Saturday, Jan. 21

• Trump acting like an ass in front of the CIA memorial
  • Sean Spicer disastrous first press briefing. (inauguration crowd size, lying about metro ridership, didnt take any questions)
  • Women's March on Washington

Sunday, Jan 22

• Kellyanne Conways "alternate facts" interview on Meet the Press

Monday, Jan 23

• trump publicaly claims there were between 3 million and 5 million illegal votes cast in the 2016 election.

Tuesday, Jan 24

• Sean Spicer repeated these claims in a press briefing while offering no evidence.

Wednesday Jan 25

• Trump signs executive order to begin construction on the wall. (not paid by Mexico)
  • Trump gives an interview again stating 5 million illegal votes were cast.

Thursday Jan 26

• in an interview with Sean Hannity, Trump asserts  waterboarding works and talked about bringing it back, though it is outlawed in the U.S. as torture

Friday Jan 27

• Trump signed an executive order blocking travelers from seven countries, all of which are Muslim-majority
  • Protests at airports ensue, amid confusion on the details of the ban.

(take a breath)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

That is not a very good metric and it is misleading--ignore Fox.

why? you thinking the total count is more informative? of course its a snap shot to make a Fox point.

I find it telling. Its eerily familiar to the # of new covid cases actually. kinda kinda kinda oh shit!

lots of us have been bitching about overreach by the exec branch for god knows how long now. this is not a good form of government. its patchwork on a system in complete disarray. which we know.

and yes uncle joe has lots to unfuck. including reducing the power of the exec branch of some batshit republican is going to drop 100 on your ass in the first 10 days

there is so much reform that has to take place to make America safe from extremist republicans. i can't even begin to count the shit that needs to get changed. 

57 minutes ago, staboner said:

why? you thinking the total count is more informative? of course its a snap shot to make a Fox point.

I find it telling. Its eerily familiar to the # of new covid cases actually. kinda kinda kinda oh shit!

lots of us have been bitching about overreach by the exec branch for god knows how long now. this is not a good form of government. its patchwork on a system in complete disarray. which we know.

and yes uncle joe has lots to unfuck. including reducing the power of the exec branch of some batshit republican is going to drop 100 on your ass in the first 10 days

there is so much reform that has to take place to make America safe from extremist republicans. i can't even begin to count the shit that needs to get changed. 

That was my point. I looked at the EO list yesterday and over/up to half of them related to the pandemic and addressing that. So, yeah, ignore Fox was my point. Once things settle down, I'm hoping he'll meet with Miss Nancy and Mr. Schumer and get things rolling like chocolates on Lucille Ball's conveyor belt.

giphy.gif

With any luck Mitch will pass out trying to count.