COVID-19 vaccine discussion

Texas Jeff

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

I don't.  I'm still pissed enough that I'm avoiding the football forum for the time being.

Fucking SEC boards like TexAgs and Tiger Droppings were publicly encouraging the Qanon bullshit with the lizard people and covid was a hoax, and the horse paste and the Ancient Chinese Secret Naturally Occurring Laxative that cures covid but can cause retina detachment when you shit or whatever the fuck was their latest covid cure.

Sad thing is, aggy was actually involved with some of the early research last year (of course every university with a vet or medical school was probably raking in federal grants for covid research), and they do have a respected veterinary school that knows plenty about animal-to-human disease transmission.

They should be more concerned with human to animal transmission. 

• Hook 'Em 2

For me the second shot, at almost exactly 24 hours later, was like ripping the stylus off a record player…instantly super tired.  Ended up taking a 2hr nap and dragging ass rest of the day.  

Booster @6 months, probably given Moderna has more staying power due to the larger dose, has me feeling horrible…but I expect it to only last today.  
I'm getting a booster this Saturday, moderna, and was wondering about the effects because I don't know many people who've gotten the booster. It'll be right at 6 months for me.

18 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

So I got my J&J in March. And I'm at 315. I'm going to get a booster as early as they let me. I guess I'll end up with another shitty J&J, oh well. I wonder if they can boost me with a different vaccine?

I believe someone posted something implying that the J&J booster will turbocharge antibodies fwiw. 

also just say you’re unvaccinated and go get a new card. Pick what your want. 

8 hours ago, gsoda3 said:
22 hours ago, Homercles said:
For me the second shot, at almost exactly 24 hours later, was like ripping the stylus off a record player…instantly super tired.  Ended up taking a 2hr nap and dragging ass rest of the day.  

Booster @6 months, probably given Moderna has more staying power due to the larger dose, has me feeling horrible…but I expect it to only last today.  

I'm getting a booster this Saturday, moderna, and was wondering about the effects because I don't know many people who've gotten the booster. It'll be right at 6 months for me.

My anecdotal data from 3 people ranges from “no big deal” to “as bad as the second shot” but nothing worse than that. 

9 hours ago, gsoda3 said:
23 hours ago, Homercles said:

So, the timeline for me was:

0930:  Booster at almost six months

1730:  Start to feel ‘off’ and tired

0130:  Woke up shivering like mad, arm super sore and headache…laying down my heart rate is 80+bpm 

Day 2:  Exhausted, alternate between temp/sweats, a little achy, heart rate elevated all day long, take two naps.  Drank water like crazy but barely pissed.  

Day 3:  Wake up sweaty, but heart rate returned to normal (48bpm sleeping, 60-70bpm at rest), 5G reception back to 4 bars.  Feel basically normal.  

Based on my (admittedly poor) memory, the booster was worse than the second shot…namely the racing heart rate, making it hard to sleep, was new as confirmed by my Fitbit history.  However my wife, who specializes in knowing everything (stole that from another surly member), says it was about the same.  She’s getting hers tomorrow, and we have nothing planned that afternoon thru Sunday. 

YMMV

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, shadetree said:

How long is it taking most people to get their antibody results from Texas Cares? I had mine drawn Tuesday morning and trying to decide if I wait for results or just get a booster this weekend. Second moderna dose was in late January.

Wife and I got ours the next morning- although hers came 2 hours earlier than mine.  

There is a silver lining to the whole ivermectin thing. Ascaris roundworms infect something like 7% of the US population, with most of those heavily scewed towards the Southern US due to it's humid subtropical climate. Maybe we can eradicate these infections as a side effect of the pandemic. The black lining to this silver lining is that most of these infections are asymptomatic other than weight loss or reduced weight gain, so if we eradicate it we might be worse off. Have we reached the point as a society where a parasitic infection has become symbiotic?

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

There is a silver lining to the whole ivermectin thing. Ascaris roundworms infect something like 7% of the US population, with most of those heavily scewed towards the Southern US due to it's humid subtropical climate. Maybe we can eradicate these infections as a side effect of the pandemic.

giphy.webp

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, shadetree said:

How long is it taking most people to get their antibody results from Texas Cares? I had mine drawn Tuesday morning and trying to decide if I wait for results or just get a booster this weekend. Second moderna dose was in late January.

Did mine yesterday around noon, just got results.  If you have not gotten the text (I have not), register an account at: http://www.cpllabs.com/sonicmyaccess  Results show up there first.

Moderna

Last vax date: 03/04/21

805 on 08/26/2021

• Hook 'Em 3

So I did the Texas CARES draw through CPL and I got my results back…..is the “COVID-19 Antibodies, Spike Protein (Quantitative)” number the same scale that everyone else here has been referring to as far as “my antibody count was xxx”? Also I’m a little confused as to what the ideal scale is for antibody counts. Is there a certain antibody count range we should be hoping for?

Did mine yesterday around noon, just got results.  If you have not gotten the text (I have not), register an account at: http://www.cpllabs.com/sonicmyaccess  Results show up there first.
Moderna
Last vax date: 03/04/21
805 on 08/26/2021

Just got the text with results. But when logging into the website for the details it says to allow 48 hours for final results to be uploaded, and 5 days from when the sample was drawn for Covid testing. Guess the CPL I went to is slow. Will post once I receive them.

1 minute ago, shadetree said:

Just got the text with results. But when logging into the website for the details it says to allow 48 hours for final results to be uploaded, and 5 days from when the sample was drawn for Covid testing. Guess the CPL I went to is slow. Will post once I receive them.

When I had initially logged in I had the same message but the results were available maybe 30 mins to 1 hour later so I’d just check back in a bit.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

So I did the Texas CARES draw through CPL and I got my results back…..is the “COVID-19 Antibodies, Spike Protein (Quantitative)” number the same scale that everyone else here has been referring to as far as “my antibody count was xxx”? Also I’m a little confused as to what the ideal scale is for antibody counts. Is there a certain antibody count range we should be hoping for?

Higher is better is the extend of the guidance I think. What is labeled as spike quantitative is what you want to look at for vax related antibodies (you would also get spike ab as result of natural infection).  What is reported as "SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Total Antibodies" are nucleocapsid antibodies (infection specific, vaccine will not produce these). So you can differentiate between vax immunity and prior infection.

Now here is a real mind fuck. Just set up account for my wife and accessed her results.

Spike 1280, PFE in mid April

Kicker, she is positive for nucleocapsid antibodies (3.9 on the quantitative test), indicating that she was previously exposed/infected.  Never any symptomatic disease. Apparently did not transmit to me.  Will be fun when she gets home. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, shadetree said:

Give it about 30 minutes and it will load results. 

10 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

higher than 350, higher the better

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Now here is a real mind fuck. Just set up account for my wife and accessed her results.

Spike 1280, PFE in mid April. Kicker, she is positive for nucleocapsid antibodies (3.9 on the quantitative test), indicating that she was previously exposed/infected.  Never any symptomatic disease. Apparently did not transmit to me.  

Surprise her with a new book:

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, midtown said:

Well it looks like Texas peaked a few weeks ago.  Unless I'm reading the Google/NY Times tracker wrong.  Let's hope that plus more vax keeps that trend going

You mean a few weeks like last Saturday with a 7 day rolling case average of 17,803.  I mean it’s a downward trend this week (16,612), but it’s not time for Dora and Boots to start singing or anything.

1 minute ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

You mean a few weeks like last Saturday with a 7 day rolling case average of 17,803.  I mean it’s a downward trend this week (16,612), but it’s not time for Dora and Boots to start singing or anything.

I’m predicting another increase again due to school and football games. But my predictions are often wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

Yeah, it's possible that it peaked about a week ago, but no way to know for sure.  Back on August 11th it looked like it might have peaked, there were several days of downward trending, and then it started climbing again.

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

So the study doesn't argue the fact that people who have never had COVID but have had the vaccine are (obviously) better off than those who have never had COVID and haven't had the vaccine.

The study also indicates that people who have had COVID and also the vaccine are better off than those who have had COVID and haven't had the vaccine.

So you have two groups, have had COVID and haven't, and both groups are better off if they've had the vaccine.

Thank you for your contribution.

Absolute risk reduction, number needed to treat, something something. Y’all have a good one 

• Fuck You 10

Just now, midtown said:

Crap.  Google gave me Bexar county.  Texas peak a week ago?  Hopefully

While there were a few single day case counts that were at the highest around that earlier date, the seven day moving average suggests peak was last week.  I think that's  still probably optimistic.  

19 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Location on 620 had nobody in the place at noon.  Got the draw, than went to garden at ellera for lunch. 

and?  who won?  butt stuff?

edit, oops, look at the next page idiot.  looks like she won.  you getting nowthis'd?

Edited by sidis
  • Haha 1