COVID-19 vaccine discussion

Texas Jeff

TX cares results came in for my HS aged daughter over the last week. Her last vaccine was 07/2021. Her S ab level is through the roof, she has N converted as expected. There is no reasonable basis for giving her another shot at this point. The CDC recommends doing the dance all the way down to 6m olds. Risk segmentation for some of the olds that keep excel files of grocery store price changes here are not relevant to other population segments. 

On 9/29/2023 at 11:09 AM, The Bell Tolls for Thee said:

Food for thought in this testimony from a PhD in South Carolina.

For some background, he thinks we did the best we could at the time with the time constraints we had. Also is a strong proponent of the mRNA platform.

He sampled and then sequenced old vials of Pfizer vaccine. Lots of contamination with DNA. Effects TBD.

Phillip Buckhaults - College of Pharmacy | University of South Carolina (sc.edu)

Let us know when S Carolina funds the study.

On 9/29/2023 at 11:09 AM, The Bell Tolls for Thee said:

Food for thought in this testimony from a PhD in South Carolina.

For some background, he thinks we did the best we could at the time with the time constraints we had. Also is a strong proponent of the mRNA platform.

He sampled and then sequenced old vials of Pfizer vaccine. Lots of contamination with DNA. Effects TBD.

Phillip Buckhaults - College of Pharmacy | University of South Carolina (sc.edu)

Who knew?

had the right to remain silent... but I didn'thave the ability." Ron White

On 9/29/2023 at 4:47 PM, Anastasis said:

TX cares results came in for my HS aged daughter over the last week. Her last vaccine was 07/2021. Her S ab level is through the roof, she has N converted as expected. There is no reasonable basis for giving her another shot at this point. The CDC recommends doing the dance all the way down to 6m olds. Risk segmentation for some of the olds that keep excel files of grocery store price changes here are not relevant to other population segments. 

TX cares is still going?  I don't think they've contacted me in over a year.

Anyway, I got the new booster last Thursday and felt kind of achy and rundown the next day, just like with all the others.  By Sat morning I was fine.  Stupid immune system, shouldn't it be catching on by now?

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, Henry Gray said:

So? acceptance rate <1%. You didn't adhere to medical requirements, fuck you. The military isn't about choice. 

Your goddamned vaccine rights mean dog shit. Serve or don't, but you don't get to choose "I want the non shooting group." come on. SmallPox shit is bad. Get fucking vaccinated. Don't be a moron. There are no microchips in your shot. We can barely track luggage. Idiots. Refuse to get a vaccine, fine, you're a dick, that's the freedom the US affords you. You don't get the right to fuck everyone else. Particularly the military. 

Gawd Zillenials break my brain. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

No shit. This is what I was saying during the entire pandemic. Our state has mandated vaccines for public school students for decades, yet this one vaccine invokes such a “but, muh freedum!” reaction.

I wish they mandated them, but it's effortless for the morons to opt out of it.  They must sign an affidavit that they didn't vaccinate their kids for "Reasons of Conscience."   That's it.  That's all they have to do. 

Texas ranks among the highest in the nation for unvaccinated kids (and while I doubt a proper study could be done to prove it, I suspect we also rank among the highest for dumbasses per capita).  This is why we have outbreaks of things like measles.   If you think your public school kids are in an environment full of vaccinated children, think again.  Only certain private schools truly mandate and enforce vaccinations.  

Edited by Samson's Wig
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Lol, when I was in I had to get all kinds of vaccines including anthrax and smallpox. We also had to get a flu shot every year. Sorry your feelings got hurt.

How can anyone in command trust these people to follow orders?  It isn't as simple as not getting a shot, its about being in a situation which depends on everyone following orders.  And spare me the immoral order part, they weren't ordering you to kill a kid, they were ordering you to get a vaccine.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

How can anyone in command trust these people to follow orders?  It isn't as simple as not getting a shot, its about being in a situation which depends on everyone following orders.  And spare me the immoral order part, they weren't ordering you to kill a kid, they were ordering you to get a vaccine.  

The flip side is true.

now they were, "just kidding" about the order.  

Complete fuckery

• Drool 1

19 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Is the military allowed to determine what orders to give soldiers?  Yes

Are soldiers allowed to determine which orders they should or should not follow? No

hence, eat a dick 

Eat a dick, but we dropped the requirement and we'd love to have you back and restore your rank.  

• Drool 1

Yeah, plenty of service members didn’t get it.  Both of my sons did.

Some a y’all don’t know 2 shits about the military, but you embrace the ‘just follow gotdam orders’ because it fits your politics.

Go fuck yourself.

Edited by slorch

Just now, Neonmoon said:

Are you really arguing soldiers should determine what orders they are allowed to follow? Or are you just anti-vaccine?

I'm not anti vaccine.  I took the vaccine by choice.  I think the military mandate was a poor decision and should not have been an order in the first place.  But for the most part, it has been rectified.

Surely there have been military orders that you have disagreed with?  

5 hours ago, Don Johnson said:

Needed.  Still required for a reason.

The military determined that Covid vax was needed at that time. If I was guessing, it’s so that a fair number of soldiers didn’t contract it and be offline for a while, and overwhelming their care capabilities. 

how the Spanish flu went through the soldiers. 

that’s their call to make and once they make it, it’s the rule. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 7

19 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

I'm not anti vaccine.  I took the vaccine by choice.  I think the military mandate was a poor decision and should not have been an order in the first place.  But for the most part, it has been rectified.

Why do you think it was a poor decision? Explain why the Covid vaccine was not needed but a smallpox vaccine is needed? I will just assume you did your own research doctor. 

No. I don’t disagree with military orders because I’m not in the military, but if I was in the military, I wouldn’t disagree with the military mandating I take one vaccine as opposed to another vaccine because I’m not a doctor, a virologist, or a anti-vaccine fucking weirdo. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

28 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The military determined that Covid vax was needed at that time. If I was guessing, it’s so that a fair number of soldiers didn’t contract it and be offline for a while, and overwhelming their care capabilities. 

how the Spanish flu went through the soldiers. 

that’s their call to make and once they make it, it’s the rule. 

This.

A novel virus was moving through humanity.  It was killing people at a much higher rate than other non-novel illnesses do.  Dead soldiers negatively affects readiness.  That call was the military's to make, and they made it.  Don't like it?  GTFO.

Further....the military has regularly required a fucking stack of vaccines, medical preventative measures, etc.  Those were not requests, they were fucking required.  But COVID....well, that's different.  WHY is it different?  Because 5G and Bill Gates and Plandemic and the Vaccine is Designed to Alter Our DNA and Make us Lizard People and all manner of utterly stupid shit.  But IDGAF, and neither should the military.

The mission of the military is to have troops healthy and ready to fight.  If the military believes that drinking your Ovaltine every day is required to do that, then private, you are ordered to drink your motherfucking Ovaltine.  Jesus, we have managed to create a perfect cocktail of morons and pussies, and call them Americans.

• Hook 'Em 8

How many soldiers are in the target demographics/ at-risk of Covid? My sons damned sure weren't.

Let's ignore that answer.  Just certain science matters...when it's convenient.

Yea! Team!!!

Edited by slorch

20 minutes ago, slorch said:

How many soldiers are in the target demographics/ at-risk of Covid? My sons damned sure weren't.

Yea! Team!!!

From dying, probably not a lot.  From getting pretty damn ill and then being worthless as a solider while they are pretty damn ill and potentially draining medical resources while they are pretty damn ill....plenty enough.  

Some people still don't get that vaccines have multiple intended effects.  Sure one is to hopefully save lives of at-risk individuals, another one is so that every ER isn't filled to the teets with sick people, who probably aren't all gonna die but are going to overwhelm said care system.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

From dying, probably not a lot.  From getting pretty damn ill and then being worthless as a solider while they are pretty damn ill and potentially draining medical resources while they are pretty damn ill....plenty enough.  

Some people still don't get that vaccines have multiple intended effects.  Sure one is to hopefully save lives of at-risk individuals, another one is so that every ER isn't filled to the teets with sick people, who probably aren't all gonna die but are going to overwhelm said care system.  

It was a political move, not a medical one.

Everyone knew it.

Yea team!!!

Edited by slorch

50 minutes ago, slorch said:

Yea! Team!!!

There were plenty of fat fucks in the Navy when I was in. The joke was that it was died near a requirement to be E-7 or above.