COVID-19 vaccine discussion

Texas Jeff

15 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

What’s the supposed efficacy of the one shot dump of J&J shot?

I don't think that they have released the efficacy data.  They did release some titer data that shows the response, but haven't given out numbers that we can compare to the PFE and MRNA efficacy numbers directly. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't think that they have released the efficacy data.  They did release some titer data that shows the response, but haven't given out numbers that we can compare to the PFE and MRNA efficacy numbers directly. 
I think in an earlier post it was late March for Fda

3 minutes ago, midtown said:
22 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I think in an earlier post it was late March for Fda

They're saying next week now: https://www.wsj.com/articles/johnson-johnson-profit-is-boosted-by-pharmaceuticals-business-11611666309

If this thing comes in anywhere north of 70% effective it's fucking go time.

23 hours ago, Constant said:

Got my second round of Moderna today and I feel sick as a dog. Hoping I feel better tomorrow. 

2 coworkers both felt terrible for a day or two after their second Moderna shot over last weekend.   4 more of us are getting shot 2 next week.  I am not looking forward to the side effects, but I can’t wait to be on the other side of getting both doses.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, midtown said:

Results from trials. But I believe there is at least a month drag on actual presentation to fda

Ah, got you, misunderstood.  Yeah, I guess we will have to live through that whole notice period fiasco again as well for the FDA's advisory committee to make the decision that everybody already knows they are going to make. 

Edited by Anastasis

7 minutes ago, scottsins said:

Nope.

They ask in their pre-reg stuff once you have the appointment whether you have tested positive for COVID, and whether you are having fever/other symptoms and whether you are immunocompromised.

Same here, I get my first shot today.  All questions to health were asked in Pre Screen.  Not sure they really checked and didn't ask me anything about my conditions when they called to setup appointment which really surprised.  One of the questions asked if I was a veteran, I am show so checked yes and pretty sure that didn't even get confirmed and I have a sneaking suspicion the Vet status helped me here.

9 hours ago, Druggist said:

2 coworkers both felt terrible for a day or two after their second Moderna shot over last weekend.   4 more of us are getting shot 2 next week.  I am not looking forward to the side effects, but I can’t wait to be on the other side of getting both doses.

Completely anecdotal but from a few second dose stories from co-workers it seems that slightly more than half feel sick after the second dose. It doesn’t hit immediately. 9-12 hours later. And the next 24 hours suck but you never have a second of regret.

9 hours ago, Druggist said:

My wife got her 2nd shot on Monday and had all the flu-like symptoms on Tuesday but it only lasted one day. I'd take that in a heartbeat. 

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Completely anecdotal but from a few second dose stories from co-workers it seems that slightly more than half feel sick after the second dose. It doesn’t hit immediately. 9-12 hours later. And the next 24 hours suck but you never have a second of regret.

Not even one second?

11 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Ah, got you, misunderstood.  Yeah, I guess we will have to live through that whole notice period fiasco again as well for the FDA's advisory committee to make the decision that everybody already knows they are going to make. 

I'm somewhat convinced JNJ is trying to time the process so that once approved they actually have meaningful inventory ready to go.   I don't think they wanted the headline risk of "JNJ approved" but "sorry nothing available to ship until next month".    If they had 10MM ready to go by 2/1 I bet they would have released data early January.  That's my cynical theory at least.

• Like 1

Just vaccinated at a Harris County mega site. Took less than 15 mins. They’re handing out those shots as fast as people can pull up. Longest wait was for my ID card 
I did mine 10 minutes ago in Fort Bend County Fairgrounds. Sitting in the 15 minute wait area. Like you it was really fast and I got a goody bag of stuff.

2 hours ago, BayouBill said:

Me and my wife both got our 2nd Moderna shot yesterday. Besides feeling kind of sore all over, I feel fine...wife woke up this morning feeling horrible and called into work. 

it seems like the first one has little side affect but the 2nd one is a 50/50 crap shoot.

JNJ will supply 100 million doses by June, but only 12 million by end of Feb. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-vaccines-johnson-j/jj-may-not-meet-u-s-covid-19-vaccine-supply-target-by-spring-nyt-idUSKBN29I18I

https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/j-j-ahead-phase-3-covid-19-vaccine-data-release-comfortable-meeting-its-delivery-commitments

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/13/health/covid-vaccine-johnson-johnson.html

Johnson & Johnson pledged to have 12 million doses of its vaccine ready by the end of February, ramping up to a total of 100 million doses by the end of June.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, BradInATX said:

My fucking 70 year old dad has self diagnosed his little seasonal cold a few weeks back as Covid despite testing negative and not having any of the telltale symptoms. So now he's decided he doesn't need the vaccine.

:Gun to head emoji:

Consider yourself lucky. My dad is in his upper 70s, had a heart attack a few years ago, and I just found out isn’t getting the vaccine because it’s somehow a Chinese plot, to do what I’m not sure yet. Trying to figure out the best way to handle this. 

JNJ will supply 100 million doses by June, but only 12 million by end of Feb. 
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-vaccines-johnson-j/jj-may-not-meet-u-s-covid-19-vaccine-supply-target-by-spring-nyt-idUSKBN29I18I
https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/j-j-ahead-phase-3-covid-19-vaccine-data-release-comfortable-meeting-its-delivery-commitments
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/13/health/covid-vaccine-johnson-johnson.html
Johnson & Johnson pledged to have 12 million doses of its vaccine ready by the end of February, ramping up to a total of 100 million doses by the end of June.

I misread at first. They’re actually not going to be able to hit that 12m by February target until April, according to those reports. They’re very behind.

22 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Consider yourself lucky. My dad is in his upper 70s, had a heart attack a few years ago, and I just found out isn’t getting the vaccine because it’s somehow a Chinese plot, to do what I’m not sure yet. Trying to figure out the best way to handle this. 

Correct him that it's not a Chinese plot, it's a Bill Gates plot.  That should make him feel a lot better about it.

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Tell your dad I’m the same age and health as he is, but I’m not that crazy. And I lived in Taiwan & traveled to Hong Kong and know the Chinese put their pants on the same way we do.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Dealing with the same bullshit over here with my almost 70 year old dad who has COPD and still hits the lung darts.  He was unsure if he was going to get the vaccine because some people he knows felt like shit after getting their second dose and he's been reading about how there's some bad stuff in the vaccine.  One of his best friends died yesterday from a blood clot/heart attack a few days after being released from the hospital and "beating" Covid.  I thought that might change his mind and tried to guilt trip him into, but no signs of a change of heart yet.

Fuck Facebook.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

Tell your dad I’m the same age and health as he is, but I’m not that crazy. And I lived in Taiwan & traveled to Hong Kong and know the Chinese put their pants on the same way we do.

Yeah just trying to figure out the best way to approach him on it. Luckily, he takes COVID itself very seriously and has worked from home for years (he will never retire).  So he rarely ventures out and I don’t see how he would ever get COVID. But if he and mom want to hug the grandkids again...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

This for real? Any links?

I got a car and time

No link.  Mrs.LL flew out there this morning to get it when I heard from a buddy from Dallas about it.  She's heading back now after having gotten the Moderna vaccine.

47 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Note the amount of First Dose remaining.  It would suck if you anyone drove 9 or 10 hours any amount of time to Amarillo only to find out they're out of vaccine.ama.png.1132617dd1c58667a17d824d7604d508.png

That site is full of shit.  Mrs.LL reports that as of about 1:00 this afternoon, they said they still have 5,000 doses.

10 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

No link.  Mrs.LL flew out there this morning to get it when I heard from a buddy from Dallas about it.  She's heading back now after having gotten the Moderna vaccine.

That site is full of shit.  Mrs.LL reports that as of about 1:00 this afternoon, they said they still have 5,000 doses.

5000 in Amarillo?

14 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

So your wife heard of this, bought a plane ticket, flew there, went to the “hub” and got vaccinated?