Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

Ron went on a huge international trip to improve his standing on the big stage... and all he got was a 5-second bobblehead meme clip out of it.

Nice ROI.

And the kick in the nuts was at least if there was a Japanese flag or writing in the background of the meme, people could at least say, "Well at least he was overseas meeting important foreign leaders."  But nope, just his goofy ass head in front of a window in anytown, earth.  

54 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Well Disney was waiting for today's action by the new board to nullify the existing agreements. They were in no rush to file since they were building a pretty easy case for retaliation. 

don’t forget, the new boards first action was hiring a new lawyer at a very inflated rate. He also happens to be a good friend of desantis  

6 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

don’t forget, the new boards first action was hiring a new lawyer at a very inflated rate. He also happens to be a good friend of desantis  

And the dildo in charge told the crowd gathered there, including some from local businesses that are worried their taxes will increasing and their business affected, that the board may need to raise taxes to pay the legal fees. I'm sure that won them tons of new support.

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1

We're finally seeing that organizations and perhaps even governors can face consequences for being irresponsible with their words and actions. Put me in the camp that I hope Disney finds a way to take billions from Florida.

Honesty it wouldn't surprise me that DeSantis' attacks on Disney have made many consumers stop buying Disney products. And while it's legal to boycott a company, it's something else when a state govt. is effectively leading the charge as retaliation of free speech. Maybe my legal-illiterate opinion here is wrong but I could see the Fla govt. responsible for Disney losses, either with Disney World and perhaps other media.

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Need the gif from South Park of Micky fucking the bat or beating up the Jonas Brothers and put Ronny Dipshit's face into it. 

Yes, somebody put Meatball Ron’s face on this GIF stat.

image.gif.e62b83e0390b250addb30935111704a6.gif

Edited by C-Man
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

And the best part of all this is Meatball Ron is overseas trying to shore up his bonafides for foreign policy. Now he'll get questions on Disney suing his dumb ass. 

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

Well Disney was waiting for today's action by the new board to nullify the existing agreements. They were in no rush to file since they were building a pretty easy case for retaliation. 

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

. And while it's legal to boycott a company, it's something else when a state govt. is effectively leading the charge as retaliation of free speech

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Discovery on this one is going to be awesome.

I wonder if they were waiting for the last shoe to drop with the proposed legislation to target Disney's monorail, and it was legislation that would only apply to Disney's monorail - not any of the transportation systems used by numerous theme parks in Florida, but one that exists in special districts that cross county lines.

Remember when Madison Square Garden started using facial recognition to ban any and all attorneys working for firms involved in lawsuits against it from any of their properties ?  I would love to see Disney do the same and expand the circle to include their families, Rons extended family, and extended families of any GOP Florida lawmakers.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

We're finally seeing that organizations and perhaps even governors can face consequences for being irresponsible with their words and actions. Put me in the camp that I hope Disney finds a way to take billions from Florida.

Honesty it wouldn't surprise me that DeSantis' attacks on Disney have made many consumers stop buying Disney products. And while it's legal to boycott a company, it's something else when a state govt. is effectively leading the charge as retaliation of free speech. Maybe my legal-illiterate opinion here is wrong but I could see the Fla govt. responsible for Disney losses, either with Disney World and perhaps other media.

You’re nattering.  

1 hour ago, Horn Dog said:

Remember when Madison Square Garden started using facial recognition to ban any and all attorneys working for firms involved in lawsuits against it from any of their properties ?  I would love to see Disney do the same and expand the circle to include their families, Rons extended family, and extended families of any GOP Florida lawmakers.  

this 1000000000% needs to happen 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/24/2023 at 7:19 AM, HenryJames said:

Normal dude, imo.

It's like he just got a finger up the butthole as he started to reply.

"I am not a candidate and kielbasa sausage gives me butterflies in my tummy."

Don't say gay, indeed.

Can these lawyers in here explain how does it work when a company sues the governor, does it go trough federal court? Would state of Florida require to pay Disney damages or what are the ramifications of this?

I do know the Rs will spend a shit on money and lose and make up dumb laws against this  

16 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

Can these lawyers in here explain how does it work when a company sues the governor, does it go trough federal court? Would state of Florida require to pay Disney damages or what are the ramifications of this?

I do know the Rs will spend a shit on money and lose and make up dumb laws against this  

Not a lawyer but I'd venture you can't sue in state court since the Governor is involved and there's no way to get a fair trial. This was done in the court that is in Tallahassee. You figure Disney will take it to an Orlando area federal court but I'd imagine there's a good reason for that. This is what Disney is seeking (2nd image), they are not asking for damages:

Edited by mdmost

2 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

And every book-banning member of local school boards and censorship groups like Moms for Liberty.

• Drool 1