Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

8 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I'm sure the answer is quite obvious, but did an Italian-American ever get a major party nomination for POTUS?  I can't think of one, but I'm sure it's happened.  

Nope.  Geraldine Ferraro was on the ticket in 1984, but not at the head.

Mario Cuomo never ran, but could have.  And then there's Rudy, who had dreams, but like Abbott, he fucked up his own chances.

shit, my bad.  Forgot about Ferraro (RIP).  Lot of people don't remember that she is the reason Chuck Schumer got his big start in politics.  But not in the way you think.

And then yes, Rudy.  The mayor of 9/11 to the 9/11 of Mayors.  Hurry up and fucking die, asshole.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

And his senior year, he answered the question "What if Mossimo and Stussy made a baby behind the Oakley kiosk?"  

Wait, was he in the cast of Jersey Shore?  Really surprised Trump isn't running with the meatball label, but maybe Puddin Fingers/Boots will get more traction.

Wonder if he was wearing platform shoes in this photo

i-went-to-high-school-with-ronald-desant

Also, why did he look like he was already in his 30s back then?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Wait, was he in the cast of Jersey Shore?  Really surprised Trump isn't running with the meatball label, but maybe Puddin Fingers/Boots will get more traction.

Wonder if he was wearing platform shoes in this photo

Also, why did he look like he was already in his 30s back then?

Received both an AP American History Award and Princeton Book Review Award--why the hell does Ron hate them so much now?  Did they take the awards back, because he acts slighted.  And he didn't do the National Honor Society any favors by being a past member.  

• Drool 1

On 4/14/2023 at 7:59 PM, Sawbonz said:

Puddin Fingers Ron… there’ll be nothing left of him 

OK, I see Pudding Fingers has already been posted.  Sorry 'bout that.  Also, is it just 12:01am EST and half drunk* me, or does this video vaguely insinuate some "shocker" vibes.  I'm looking at Mrs. D in a new light.

* it took me 20 seconds to locate the "*" symbol on the keyboard so I'm all drunk.

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

Received both an AP American History Award and Princeton Book Review Award--why the hell does Ron hate them so much now?  Did they take the awards back, because he acts slighted.  And he didn't do the National Honor Society any favors by being a past member.  

Real talk: fuck all this political talk and president stuff.  I want to know who approved that font.  It's worse than Comic Sans or Papyrus.

• Drool 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Has there ever been a candidate as preemptively AstroTurfed as Ron DeSantis? I mean, this guy was coronated as the alternate to Trump years ago because I don’t know why and now everyone is just rolling with it.  It’s kinda sad and pathetic. 

Oh there's been plenty of attempts at trying it for other potential candidates, but the folks doing it for DeSantis have actually been lucky/done a decent job.  Makes you wonder.  Clearly something (or somebody) happened to get him into the spotlight even before he ran for Governor.  Don't know if it was his people or some kingmaker, but if it wasn't his people, he's not exactly the most charismatic guy you would want to push.

I talked to somebody who was astroturfing for Rick Perry back in the late 2000s through 2012 (in the run-up to the 2012 primaries), and this was before you had bots on the scale you have now - they actually had a whole lot of actual human beings going in and posting about/defending Perry on various forums (places like Free Republic) and promoting him through social media, etc.  Lots of this stuff is done through dark money as well (they were paid that way).  They made it look as organic as possible, but the cynic in me (not to mention longtime moderator of a large forum at that time) spotted them a mile away, and they admitted to it.  They would stick to their guns no matter what the topic about Perry was, and were basically trying to generate a lot of comments on forums and websites that would rise up in the SEO rankings.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

This should be coming soon to Texas, which conveniently won't allow raped women to prove they were raped because of the 18-month backlog on rape kit results.  

Good fucking lord, I thought the whole "look what she's wearing, she was asking for it" thing was dark and disturbed.  Now we're moving to, "Oh c'mon ya' whore, you can't even prove you were raped.  Obviously you wanted it and the baby bump proves it!"  

We are really getting dark in a hurry in the South.  Hope you backwards ass Baptists are happy.  

• Rage+1 4

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

This should be coming soon to Texas, which conveniently won't allow raped women to prove they were raped because of the 18-month backlog on rape kit results.  

Good fucking lord, I thought the whole "look what she's wearing, she was asking for it" thing was dark and disturbed.  Now we're moving to, "Oh c'mon ya' whore, you can't even prove you were raped.  Obviously you wanted it and the baby bump proves it!"  

We are really getting dark in a hurry in the South.  Hope you backwards ass Baptists are happy.  

Well we are the state of if "it's happening might as well relax and enjoy it". 

• Rage+1 1

On 4/14/2023 at 8:53 PM, YGIFS said:

And his senior year, he answered the question "What if Mossimo and Stussy made a baby behind the Oakley kiosk?"  

"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

So now Meatball is threatening to build a state prison on land next to WDW. What a petty little toddler he is. He's also going to work on forcing WDW to have state inspections any time a guest gets hurt on a ride. Previously, no theme parks in Florida had to worry about that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

So now Meatball is threatening to build a state prison on land next to WDW. What a petty little toddler he is. He's also going to work on forcing WDW to have state inspections any time a guest gets hurt on a ride. Previously, no theme parks in Florida had to worry about that. 

Trump: “interesting that meatball Ron wants his branch to inspect Disney rides for proper height safety requirements when he’s not ‘this tall’ to ride most of them!  Maybe the teacups or it’s a small world, Ronnie?”

it’s amazing the minefield DeSantis is walking himself into.  This is playing out a lot faster than I thought.  

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I already knew that desantis was a petty man with deep mental, but he’s showing it for everyone to see 

Yep.  Dude had a clear path forward to pull in a lot of Republicans who privately were not fond of Trump, but holy fuck he's showing he's a mental midget and anti-business as hell.

Edit: And for somebody who wants to run for a nation-wide office, this is the last thing you need to be doing, because it's going to get people out to vote against you, and it's going to make people who would normally be on your team think "dude, you're not supposed to do this openly".

And Trump as a developer, even if he doesn't like Disney, this is the kind of shit from a governor that he hates.

Edited by atomheartbevo

6 hours ago, mdmost said:

Do you think anyone would not go because there’s a prison nearby?  He would lose that PR battle in a landslide.

6 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Do you think anyone would not go because there’s a prison nearby?  He would lose that PR battle in a landslide.

It's a great way to piss off a lot of parents as well.  A lot.

I know people who have Ivy League degrees can be real dumbasses and out-of-touch, but holy shit he is fucking losing this battle and won't stop shooting at what little of his dick remains.

Hell, the motherfucker got married at Disney 13 years ago.  It's not like they changed radically in that time.

• Drool 1