Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

I don't believe that a man should assert his physical dominance over women by posture or body language.  But if you're Meatball Ron, and you're almost intentionally trying to look like the smallest cunt in the room...that's not a great look dude.  

On 4/7/2023 at 11:33 PM, BearSchlong said:

Let’s get rid of a woke mouse and replace him with a stupid beaver and shitty barbecue.

Now, I love me some buc-ees. But it’s just another grift for the GOP to fund state politics.

Buc-ees. The fact that people (much less politicians) crow about it like it's something to be proud of is ridiculous to me. They seem to pay good wages. And who doesn't like clean restrooms?

But it's such a temple of gross "pave it all" highway capitalism that I just can't stop there. You like concrete instead of trees? Traffic instead of grass? Come on down to Buc-ees. 

10 minutes ago, pacman said:

So another instance where everyone has guns and everyone involved has their life ruined? Just like Foster/Perry. 

I’m sorry.

As a Native Floridian, I have to rant about his fucking boots.

THEY ARE SO PHONY AND FAKE AND STUPID OMG

Men in Florida do not saunter around in little high heeled pretend cowboy boots. And not with a gotdamnned suit.

They just don’t.

This asshole probably doesn’t even own a pair of flip flops.

He’s not a real person.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 4/6/2023 at 11:39 PM, tx 3 putt said:

I saw this, basically word for word, but in a commercial today while I was home for lunch. Oddly, it was on CNN. Nonetheless, the talking points are out.

"Proudly paid for by the Make American Great Again fund" or some such. But it was Trump's PAC. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

he’s so fucking awkward 

I am confused as to why they got the anointing oil out for this guy. He is weird, stiff, awkward, and unfunny. Bob Dole had more charisma when he ran for president at 145 years old.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

If I was Governor of a battleground state that has now become vital to the Republican Party, I simply would not do the one thing that could energize my opponents.

He's not running for Governor again (unless he moves to Texas), and he's gotta score some points with the evangelicals/MAGA/Qanon crowd, even if Trump is working on making them hate him.  DeSantis is in pure primary mode and hoping something knocks Trump out of the race, he can't be worried about the general election.

I can't tell what would be funnier - if DeSantis beat Trump in Florida or Trump beat him.  If Trump beats him, DeSantis is finished in politics.

So my fantasy scenario is DeSantis somehow wins the nomination but Trump refuses to concede, “it was rigged!” and then the GOP implodes.

Sadly I think we may have to wait until 2028 because GOP voters can’t help themselves. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

So my fantasy scenario is DeSantis somehow wins the nomination but Trump refuses to concede, “it was rigged!” and then the GOP implodes.

Sadly I think we may have to wait until 2028 because GOP voters can’t help themselves. 

There is a slight chance that more Rs are tired of Trump and/or don't want him losing a second election in a row, than the polling suggests and they would pull the lever for DeSantis in the primaries.

Would be awesome because Trump would go 3rd party with MAGA.

It's a curious calendar for DeSantis.  He's termed out in 2026.  If he doesn't get the nomination in 2024 for POTUS, Rick Scott will be re-elected to Senate.  And Rubio will be in the middle of his current term.  Ron will be just 46 and a minister without portfolio.  Earliest Ron could take a run at U.S. Senator from Florida would be 2030.  So that's four years of political insignificance, no way he could primary Rubio.  Best case would be Scott agrees to step down after his next full term at 76 years of age.  Absolutely zero fucking chance Trump, were he to win back the Oval, puts him in the Cabinet.  If he were smart, he could have punted his POTUS chances down the road for a decade or so.  But his profile will never be higher than it is today.  What the fuck does this assclown do?  

52 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

It's a curious calendar for DeSantis.  He's termed out in 2026.  If he doesn't get the nomination in 2024 for POTUS, Rick Scott will be re-elected to Senate.  And Rubio will be in the middle of his current term.  Ron will be just 46 and a minister without portfolio.  Earliest Ron could take a run at U.S. Senator from Florida would be 2030.  So that's four years of political insignificance, no way he could primary Rubio.  Best case would be Scott agrees to step down after his next full term at 76 years of age.  Absolutely zero fucking chance Trump, were he to win back the Oval, puts him in the Cabinet.  If he were smart, he could have punted his POTUS chances down the road for a decade or so.  But his profile will never be higher than it is today.  What the fuck does this assclown do?  

You're leaving out the fact that he's Italian.

This is every Italian who has thought about running for the White House and their reflections on previous Italian-Americans running for the WH.

FUHfiS7X0AAe-XD.jpg

• Like 1