Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

2 hours ago, Don Johnson said:

The first time she entered the news it was obvious she was full of shit. Why people keep falling for her shit is beyond me. 

Which is funny, cause her first entry into the news was the origin of this thread.  Go back and read the first three pages of this thread for a good retrospective.

10 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Jones has had prior criminal charges. At the time the search warrant was executed, Jones was facing an active misdemeanor charge on allegations of cyberstalking a former student of hers who was a romantic partner and publishing sexual details about their relationship online.

giphy.gif

It was posted by another poster back on page 3. It's, ugh, an interesting read. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, that's a huge red flag.  

"Uh, your honor...I couldn't possibly have been anywhere near the scene of the crime.  I was skiing that day."
Judge, "Skiing, you say?  In Ohio?  In June?"

"That is correct."  

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

What fucking 1980's office building is he trapped inside of?  Look at that wall, that carpet, that chair?  All that's missing is an 8-ball of rails on the desk in front of him.  What the fuck is that?  

7 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I hope they shove it up his ass !

I gotta say, this is some CLASSIC authoritarian shit, really playing all the hits! He's ignoring laws when it suits him and extrajudicially expelling elected officials, BUT, also looking for ANY law that he can weaponize against his enemies.

Really good preview for the upcoming conflict

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I gotta say, this is some CLASSIC authoritarian shit, really playing all the hits! He's ignoring laws when it suits him and extrajudicially expelling elected officials, BUT, also looking for ANY law that he can weaponize against his enemies.

he gives zero fucks. Hopefully the mouse teaches him a lesson 

25 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Would be awesome if Disney were to just say, fuck it, we’re outta here, and leave Florida. But they’re way too entrenched there at this point. That’s why Meatball thinks he has the upper hand. I don’t know how this one will play out. 

I said earlier, I think in this thread, they should just shut down and say they won't open back up until things change. Again, not going to happen but if it did or would cost the state billions of dollars. 

• Drool 1

37 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I said earlier, I think in this thread, they should just shut down and say they won't open back up until things change. Again, not going to happen but if it did or would cost the state billions of dollars. 

screws over too many people from out of state that have planned trips 

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

You think that hurts Florida worse than Disney?

DeSantis is a crybaby and a bully. It's so transparent that this isn't even about policy, it's purely retribution for Disney daring to say something negative about Florida's embarrassing government.  I'm not a big fan of the Disney conglomerate but it's going to take institutions and corporations with similar clout and money to stand up to these tinpot dictators and their banana republic states.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Don Johnson said:

You think that hurts Florida worse than Disney?

Based on some cursory Googling, it looks to me like theme parks only make up about 10% of Disney's total revenue. And Disney Florida, while probably the biggest, is only one of five parks.  I'm not saying it would be good for business, but Disney would still be able to get by just fine, at least for a while, without operating Disneyworld.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

Between what will likely become a 12 round beating of DeSantis by Disney, and his serial votes to cut/cripple Medicare etc, the dude has no national future.

seriously. Disney probably has a legal team that is about as close to Mr Burns' in real life. they are going to wipe the floor with him and his prez aspirations will be cut at his knee-high boots

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Captainant said:

Classic Small Government Republicans.

8 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

he gives zero fucks. Hopefully the mouse teaches him a lesson 

He’s so desperate you can smell it.   He will have been out of office for a few years in 2028, which is not helpful, and right now Trump is trying to destroy him.  He’s fucking lucky that Trump was indicted, because otherwise he’d be Trump’s #1 target.

DeSantis has to get a win against Disney to have any chance at a political future, and it’s going to cost taxpayers and Florida visitors a lot of money.  If he leaves office in a few years having been humiliated by Disney two years ahead of a 2028 run, his opponents will mock him mercilessly and keep bringing up how Disney humiliated him.

The only loser MAGA tolerates is Trump.

17 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Would be awesome if Disney were to just say, fuck it, we’re outta here, and leave Florida. But they’re way too entrenched there at this point. That’s why Meatball thinks he has the upper hand. I don’t know how this one will play out. 

Plus, what are their options for East-of-the-Mississippi warm weather sites? South Georgia? Any of their options would involve dealing with the local as-yet-unknown Meatball Ron, and from a weaker position.

I imagine that from dealing with Florida pols from the 1960s on, Disney knows more about where the bodies are buried than DeSantis does.

On 4/7/2023 at 11:13 AM, SubliminalHorn said:

They could build up a big cash reserve then shut down on a “temporary” basis for major capital project maintenance and improvements.   They should also run anti-Meatball ads all the time on their streaming service and all of their cable networks.  Tell Karen and Chad that he’s the reason little Kaylen and Kayden will never get to experience Disney World.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Hook 'Em 2

I just listened to Desantis’ book because I didn’t want to be accused of being uninformed. He is not a stupid man, he has talents. He has a deep seated rust belt working class racism, he is a connoisseur of Clarence Thomas’s asshole, keen hearing that can pick up the faintest of fascist dog whistles, and has read the Federalist papers.

He’s a master negotiator who wouldn’t have been elected governor without trading his soul to trump, but that took away all his leverage against trying to resuscitate 1950s Walt Disney racism. If only those radical liberals would accept their lot in life and stop resisting that would stop the hate! I hope Disney buries him.

He really believes all this George Soros Antifa shit too.

I do, however, envy the Florida gubernatorial term limits. That would be great for Texas, hell, the whole nation.

Trump is going to fuck him up.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 2

9 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

I just listened to Desantis’ book because I didn’t want to be accused of being uninformed. He is not a stupid man, he has talents. He has a deep seated rust belt working class racism, he is a connoisseur of Clarence Thomas’s asshole, keen hearing that can pick up the faintest of fascist dog whistles, and has read the Federalist papers.

He’s a master negotiator who wouldn’t have been elected governor without trading his soul to trump, but that took away all his leverage against trying to resuscitate 1950s Walt Disney racism. If only those radical liberals would accept their lot in life and stop resisting that would stop the hate! I hope Disney buries him.

He really believes all this George Soros Antifa shit too.

I do, however, envy the Florida gubernatorial term limits. That would be great for Texas, hell, the whole nation.

Trump is going to fuck him up.

Thanks for sacrificing your eardrums. Did they read the book in a Desantis nasal whine, or did he hire some dude with a deep voice?