Playoff Selection Final Rankings 12/20 11am

Vic Mackey

2 minutes ago, Frank Gallagher said:

I'd put OSU on skull fucking alert.  They're going to speed for the first time.  Not the plodding B10 crap.

It would be very satisfying but feels like a game where they'll hang around for a while and only lose by 10 or 14 pts. Hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Bevo14

7 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Hahaha, Aggies got left out. Since Turtle Tom has ruined Texas, I can at least revel in the fact that in Aggies #bestseason ever, they still didn't accomplish anything memorable.

12-Deaths.jpg

home of 12 murders

but today is not the day to stick a fork in aggy

bad karma

aggy roasting on a spit resumes karmic clearance at midnight

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Committee:  ACC schedule > sec schedule

but it’s funny that the extra ranked win was Clemson at home without Lawrence, and they just saw how the game plays out with Lawrence. 

i'm trying to understand how lawrence caused clemson to play D and domer to fail O yesterday

2 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i'm trying to understand how lawrence caused clemson to play D and domer to fail O yesterday

They didn’t have their mlb or de either the first game. Regular injuries I think. 
but scoring points and playing defense with a lead helps. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

17 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

No Aggy got left out because their SEC schedule sucked this year. Of course if was "normal", they would not still be in the conversation

This may be the best part.  They played 9 SEC games and only three against teams with winning records.  

SEC! sEC! SEC!

• Haha 2

Just now, jinx said:

This may be the best part.  They played 9 SEC games and only three against teams with winning records.  

SEC! sEC! SEC!

If Tennessee fires Pruitt as being rumored then 3 of their wins will be against teams who then fired their coach right after the A&M game.... (Kansas equivalent knife of SEC)

• Hook 'Em 1

A&M being outraged  at not getting into the CFP makes me think of that dude that wants to fight as long as someone is holding him back but not very interested when no one’s there to intervene.  They know they would have gotten their ass kicked badly. 

Edited by stork642

6 minutes ago, OrangEngr said:

ohhhh he mad.

as i was reading that i thought of my rule re: angry email replies at work...type it out, but do NOT send. wait a while, walk around, cool off... then come back and EDIT before sending 😁

• Hook 'Em 1

I was just looking at the sec standings and here’s something. 
half the sec teams (7) won 4 or fewer games. Aggy played 6 of them. 

their schedule was the best 2 sec teams, the worst 6, and 6-4 auburn (coach fired as per college football tradition after losing to aggy) and and LSU team that managed to go 5-5 somehow. 

43 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

aggy is really going to be loved in the SECSECSEC.  They will get in the Orange Bowl and promptly get curb stomped by butter teeth Mack and his ACC basketball school.  SEC powerhouse my ass.  

Yep. Cue the "didn't want to be there" excuse. 

A&M wasn't going to get in if it was even close between them and ND.

1. Name recognition. Blue blood vs. non blue blood. The committee proved that it mattered in that TCU/Baylor year. A&M is an afterthought on the national stage with zero TV pull. 

2. Second best win comparison. #15 UNC vs. fired coach Auburn. The ACC was actually better than the SEC this year.

3. Best win comparison - shaky Florida who lost to skeleton crew LSU at home vs. Clemson sans Lawrence.

4. No CCG appearance. You can argue about Lawrence missing the first game, but they at least had to play an extra game. If A&M plays Bama twice, they lose twice. Badly. Even if Bama has to play its back up QB. It's not like DJ Ukelele is a scrub out of the stands. That dude can ball. 

5. ND played two more games than A&M. 

6. Nobody wanted to see them rematch against Bama. That first game was less competitive than the Clemson/ND II. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Deej said:

This ended perfectly for aggy. They avoid losing in a playoff and will claim for eternity if they hadn't been fucked over, they would have won it all. In 50 years, they'll claim they won a national title in 2020.

Banner’s by-god going up.   It’s still real to us!!!

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I was just looking at the sec standings and here’s something. 
half the sec teams (7) won 4 or fewer games. Aggy played 6 of them. 

their schedule was the best 2 sec teams, the worst 6, and 6-4 auburn (coach fired as per college football tradition after losing to aggy) and and LSU team that managed to go 5-5 somehow. 

I think it might be beginning to dawn on some of them that the fact that most of the CFB world realizes that most of the SEC teams are garbage.

10Aggie10

AG

W said:
the league office should have let each team play 1 or 2 non-conference opponents.

instead of going to 10 games and cannibalizing one another

This. Time to go back to 8 conference games and 4 non-con

The SEC is clearly the most daunting conference, but these committees think 5 Big Ten games, 9 ACC/big 12 games is somehow comparable to ten SEC games?

If SEC teams had played ACC/B1G/bdf schedules, they'd almost all have two losses or fewer

30 minutes ago, Frank Gallagher said:

I'd put OSU on skull fucking alert.  They're going to speed for the first time.  Not the plodding B10 crap.

Ohio St has speed themselves and athletes. They usually have no problem with it when they face it. They dominated Clemson for much of the game last year. I think they can hold their own. They won't win but it will be much closer than the demolition Bama will put on ND.

Put it on that wall!!! Whoooop!!!. Meaningless to get to the playoffs and lose but so meaningful to win a pointless bowl game. Whooop!!! Oh and no, not one single person will wonder what aggy could have did. We know how they stack up to Bama every year. It's a blowout constantly.