2021 Sugar Bowl - Ohio State vs Clemson 7PM on ESPN

Parliament

4 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Let’s see if they are allowed to hold when the play Bama.  If not, OSU will not look this good.  Also, Clemson has zero NFL talent on D from what I am seeing.  It looks like the Horns have more talented Defensive players and that is saying something.

Yeah I'm used to them having a bunch of freaks but they look pedestrian.

2 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:
7 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:
No chance that Fields doesn't have at least one or more cracked / broken ribs

naw he was hit in the spine

That hit was so hard, he'll probably develop lung cancer.

...not a doctor. 

Just now, THUJONE said:

Respectfully, I was talking about how tackles are made. You don't have to get butthurt because you've treated people with serious injuries from playing football. I completely agree that there are aspects of football that are barbaric and frankly think it should evolve into rugby in order to be safer (no forward pass).  But while people are still playing games with tackling, it is ludicrous to force the tackler to do so while looking up and smiling at the opposing player. 

You should quit while you’re behind. 
https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1264627-overview#a1

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I won't argue that (even though Herbie does not bother me that much). But your A team is doing this game. No matter if Herbie is a blow hard Ohio St fan. Joe Buck does Cardinals baseball games and he is a die hard Cardinals fan.

This is correct. And also doesn't Herbie have a son that plays for Clemson?

So it's a wash really.  

16 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

I'm not going to debate the merits of whether or not football should be played. I'm here to say that having made hundreds of tackles myself (played rugby for 13 years), if I had been doing it with my head pulled back (which is the effect when your shoulders and back are horizontal to the ground), my own neck would have been broken. Targeting is a stupid rule when talking about tackles below the head. 

Rugby tackling is the only way to tackle. Head up and behind the hip. I dont know why it isn't taught in college. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

If Bucks go on to win it all.....put a big o asterisk on it!

You mean because they would have beaten the two best teams in the country that everyone thought was going to be the natural final two in the championship game? Oh you mean because they didn't beat other shitty Big 10 teams that they pretty much always dominate?

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

I'm not going to debate the merits of whether or not football should be played. I'm here to say that having made hundreds of tackles myself (played rugby for 13 years), if I had been doing it with my head pulled back (which is the effect when your shoulders and back are horizontal to the ground), my own neck would have been broken. Targeting is a stupid rule when talking about tackles below the head. 

Thank you.  if you go for the waist or below you can't keep your head up and hit with the facemask without breaking your neck.  the targeting rule has forced players to go low for fear of having the top of your helment hit a guys chin if you tackle like they taught in Brad's "leather helmet" days.  the crown starts from right above the facemask.

the drill that was done years ago you actually hit with the portion of the helmet from the facemask to the "top" of the helmet.  you didn't hit with only the facemask.

Its an impossible task unless you just decide to tackle by standing up and bear hug the player with your head tilted back as the player runs you over.  guys are diving at players with their heads down all game.

If the Clemson LBer tries to hit Fields in his chest as Fields starts to duck to brace for impact his helmet probably hits Fields helmet.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, pops said:

Rugby tackling is the only way to tackle. Head up and behind the hip. I dont know why it isn't taught in college. 

Rugby is more of a drag/wrestle to the ground style of tackling. In football, where yards & inches are paramount, you need to tackle in a way stops the runner dead cold in his tracks.

Just now, THUJONE said:

Let me go back in time and redo all of my tackles your way and see what happens. 

Ah the old N of one. Look I like you and don’t want this to get ugly but there are literally chapters in orthopedic and spine surgery texts written about the dangers of spear tackling and the importance of loading the cervical spine in lordosis to avoid catastrophic failure of the spinal column. That means head up. An axial load in even slightly flexed posture greatly increases the risk of catastrophic injury. 

• Hook 'Em 3