2021 Sugar Bowl - Ohio State vs Clemson 7PM on ESPN

Parliament

I'm not going to debate the merits of whether or not football should be played. I'm here to say that having made hundreds of tackles myself (played rugby for 13 years), if I had been doing it with my head pulled back (which is the effect when your shoulders and back are horizontal to the ground), my own neck would have been broken. Targeting is a stupid rule when talking about tackles below the head. 
Yep.

It was awkward with Fields spinning exactly the direction you think he wouldn't. If he doesn't, the head is off to the side.

2 minutes ago, BB65 said:

When I played high school football in the 80s we were taught to see what we were hitting. In fact our practice was behind the stadium. The stadium was built in the ground with a tall berm between  the two fields. If you lowered your head and hit with the crown, you had to run 5 berms in full pads. It was ducking brutal during august two-a-days

yes when you were doing a tackling drill like across the bow.

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Some of the holding by suckeye O-line is outrageous... unbelievable

Let’s see if they are allowed to hold when the play Bama.  If not, OSU will not look this good.  Also, Clemson has zero NFL talent on D from what I am seeing.  It looks like the Horns have more talented Defensive players and that is saying something.

3 minutes ago, BB65 said:

When I played high school football in the 80s we were taught to see what we were hitting. In fact our practice was behind the stadium. The stadium was built in the ground with a tall berm between  the two fields. If you lowered your head and hit with the crown, you had to run 5 berms in full pads. It was ducking brutal during august two-a-days

Same for me in the mid 90s, too. 

3 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Respectfully stick to law and drawing dicks 

Respectfully, I was talking about how tackles are made. You don't have to get butthurt because you've treated people with serious injuries from playing football. I completely agree that there are aspects of football that are barbaric and frankly think it should evolve into rugby in order to be safer (no forward pass).  But while people are still playing games with tackling, it is ludicrous to force the tackler to do so while looking up and smiling at the opposing player.