Texas opens as an 11 point favorite v Colorado

TexasMan

2 hours ago, RollLeft said:

In the main section there.  5 rows from the top, right side of aisle.  Two seats to the left of the hispanic lady and one seat to the left of the black girl with pigtails.  What am i looking at?

Looks like someone sitting with a cutout? Hey man, 2020 has affected everyone differently. 

In the main section there.  5 rows from the top, right side of aisle.  Two seats to the left of the hispanic lady and one seat to the left of the black girl with pigtails.  What am i looking at?

Looks like someone sitting with a cutout? Hey man, 2020 has affected everyone differently. 

13 hours ago, TheWellofInformation said:

Honest question.

Didn't the Charlie Strong years piss you off way more than what is going on now. 

2010-2016 this season would have been considered a peak year.

Just interested why a 6-3 season will make you throw in the towel but three consecutive losing seasons didn't 

Considering aggy’s entire football history, why do you even watch? Did your great great grandpappy pass down stories from the pre-WWII glory year? Do you even know that y’all won a lonely championship once upon a time?

Does you family know that your great great grandmother was one of the whores the team shipped in on the train to fuck the whole team after games? Sure, she was ugly, but she did nasty things no self-respecting girl would. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Haha 1

Is it a muledick? I think it's a muledick.

Dude. What site do you think you're on? This isn't the Friends of Texas Football Booster Club Annual Ice Cream Jamboree. You are talking to a bunch of sick, angry, obsessed assholes that given the chance will push themselves to emotional and psychological ruin wanting this program to win football games whether Texas is even playing or not. It could be March and a class of 2025 soft-verbal commit cornerback from DeSoto could put something OU related on Instagram and someone here would pen a tangentially related 200-word meltdown about the state of our program. 
Just because some of us might be checked out in disgust at this point or see this game for what it is doesn't mean that we don't care about Texas football or think we're "cool" or some shit. If anyone doesn't care to watch the game then neat. I know I penned something about why winning bowl games DOES matter - not sure if it was on this thread or another - but in terms of relative importance this bowl game is near the absolute bottom of the list. I don't expect anyone to get super jazzed about winning this one or watching Herman coach another game but short of cheering for us to lose or not caring if we lose at all then whatever.
If Herman is gone he's gone either way. So, fuck it, watch the Horns and cheer for an ass-beating or do something else with your time. We have bigger fish to fry when it comes to the future of this program. Expecting everyone here to drown themselves in kool-aid and get worked up over another shitass Alamo Bowl and stay positive no matter who is coaching Texas next season isn't really what this site is for.
So am I allowed to bitch about the bitchers or not?

You're right grand scheme of things this means nothing. I also agree that Herman is gone or not irrespective of outcome.

me too.  but i expected a victory against ou, tcu, and isu this year also.  just in his three years at texas, herman has lost 6 times to unranked opponents while being ranked.  that's the most in the fbs.  we've got to live up to our expectations and stop getting beat by teams we are better than on paper, but inferior to in heart and spirit.
Absolutely agree. Trust me the dumbassery wears me out.

We've shown well in bowls but this is 2020 so who knows.

We're running out of football this year so I'm looking forward to what's left. And even though we all think we know Herman, we do have a lot of guys missing. Who the hell knows what we'll get.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Line today is now   TEXAS -7    O/U 63.5

Starters Not Available:  

• Defense - Ossai, TQ, Sterns, C.Brown, Juwan (1st half)
  • Offense - Cosmi, Kerstetter, Okafor, Eagles, Ingram (Opt out)

Guess Tarik Black out for Alamo Bowl too 

Paywall...

Edited by LTtxfan

10 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Who in the ever loving fuck would actually buy tickets to watch this fucking bowl game? That is just unreal to me and shows why Texas will never really feel the pressure to make the tough decisions needed to win. 11,000 people paying to watch this disinterested team led by a complete assclown of a coach. Just unreal. Make your voices heard by staying the fuck home. Not only that SA is averaging something like 200 cases of CV19 per 100,000 people, damn near the highest in Texas (worse than Dallas, Houston and Austin). Austin is like at 36 or so, so in addition to going to watch a complete affront to football you are putting yourself and your family in harm's way. WTF?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/20/2020 at 3:33 PM, orangecat92 said:

Buffs are 4-1.  Tanned, rested, and ready.  They have more film on us than we do on them.  We win by 7 at the most.  Line comes down to 7 and 1/2 by the 29th. 

So, the line came down to where I predicted.  Hey, I like being correct as much as anybody.  It doesn't happen very often, so I am enjoying this. 

10 hours ago, Had Enough said:

Lots of badasses in here.

Count me in the group looking forward to the game. Sorry we didn't get to play Kansas. Sorry I won't be attending live.

I expect a victory.

Damn negativity and bullshit is almost turning me into a Herman fan. That coming from someone who was never truly pumped about his arrival.

Man up and support your team. The guys that want to be here. The guys that will be representing you and your school. Never in our history has there been a time with more reasons to not play a game. Yet here they are. Representing all of us. Even the dumbasses amongst us.

But go ahead. Those of you wanting to talk your trash, talk it. Hide behind your electronic devices. I'd probably kick 75% of your butts. Some of you severely.

There. Take some of that.

Hook Em Horns.

BUT I DON'T LIKE TOM HERMAN I WANT CUM CUM CUM !!!11111

44 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Who in the ever loving fuck would actually buy tickets to watch this fucking bowl game? That is just unreal to me and shows why Texas will never really feel the pressure to make the tough decisions needed to win. 11,000 people paying to watch this disinterested team led by a complete assclown of a coach. Just unreal. Make your voices heard by staying the fuck home. Not only that SA is averaging something like 200 cases of CV19 per 100,000 people, damn near the highest in Texas (worse than Dallas, Houston and Austin). Austin is like at 36 or so, so in addition to going to watch a complete affront to football you are putting yourself and your family in harm's way. WTF?

Come never

Be bitchy

Stay home

Hook'em! Longhorn superfan!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I read earlier that the team will wear "FA" on the helmet to honor Fred Akers.  Got me thinking about that 1984 Freedom Bowl, and I watched the highlights.  Wondering if Hayden Fry had piled on the points to make a statement, I watched and quickly realized there was no piling on.  The score was 55-17 in the 3rd quarter.  Man could have put 80 on us.  Similarities between then and now?  

1. 1984- Texas team didn't want to be there, 2020- nobody wants to be at Alamo Bowl

2. 1984 - we were ranked #19, 2020- we're ranked #20

3. 1984 - serious doubt about future of coach, 2020 - no doubt about future of head coach - we think

10 minutes ago, orangecat92 said:

TEXAS will wear "FA" on the helmet to honor Fred Akers. "1984 Freedom Bowl" The score was 55-17 in the 3rd quarter.  Could have put 80 on us. 

• 1. 1984- Texas team didn't want to be there, 2020- nobody wants to be at Alamo Bowl
  • 2. 1984 - we were ranked #19, 2020- we're ranked #20
  • 3. 1984 - serious doubt about future of coach, 2020 - no doubt about future of head coach - we think

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan

I have a feeling Bijan is going to have a huge game and we're going to spend the next nine months pissed off that Herman opted to barely use him until the end of the season
Very possible. Actually that probably should be the case after KSU. But also the short, quick passing game to set up the rest of the gameplan.

Do remember that Bijan was damn near broken in half so that cost him some time. Ingram and Johnson are good players so its reasonable for them to get touches. Touches in the passing game for Bijan is where we mostly screwed up. That should have been happening week 1. Lots of 1 on 1 isolation.

I'd come out throwing. Throw to set up the run.

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Okafor out due to COVID-19

Line today is now   TEXAS -7    O/U 63.5

Starters Not Available:  

Defense - Ossai, TQ, Sterns, C.Brown, Juwan (1st half)

Offense - Cosmi, Kerstetter, Okafor, Eagles, Ingram (Opt out)

Tarik Black out.

5 minutes ago, ATLLonghorn said:

I have a feeling Bijan is going to have a huge game and we're going to spend the next nine months pissed off that Herman opted to barely use him until the end of the season

Middle of Texas Defense might struggle early...

• No TQ
  • No Juwan first half
  • No Sterns
  • No C.Brown

Also...

TEXAS starting freshman Defense:  DT, LB, Safety

Offense Starting Freshmen:  OT, OC, OG, RB

12 minutes ago, ATLLonghorn said:

maybe, but how does it work with a backup ol?  Do we take the position that the backups are all young and haven't been messed up by Herman's staff yet, or will the inexperience hurt the backup ol and they get pushed around a bunch? 

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

On radio this morning, they said Tarik may be academically ineligible, and may just head to the NFL...

Don’t know if I can outdo that for pure comedy .. but, I’ll give it a shot ...

Now, who’s going to take off the top of CU’s defense and open up the underneath stuff for Brewer? 🤡 

I have been trying all morning to find a betting lean for this one, I just cant get comfortable with any angle. Just too much uncertainty and the fact that we will hand off left, hand off right, incomplete bomb, then punt for at least half of our possessions.  

Edited by brojangles2
Typo
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

On radio this morning, they said Tarik may be academically ineligible, and may just head to the NFL...

Yeah.  Good luck with that.  All I recall about his year here is that he looked decent against UTEP(?), then disappeared, then reappeared and fucked us in a game.  Like most on here, apathy has clouded my memory, but I want to say he dropped a crucial pass or fumbled.  In my drunken state, I have a hazy memory of calling my Michigan friend and yelling, "You can have that mothereffer back!".  Not one of my prouder moments.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn

5 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

me too.  but i expected a victory against ou, tcu, and isu this year also.  just in his three years at texas, herman has lost 6 times to unranked opponents while being ranked.  that's the most in the fbs.  we've got to live up to our expectations and stop getting beat by teams we are better than on paper, but inferior to in heart and spirit.

Easily the most frustrating part of the Tom Herman era has been the potential shown in bowl games.  Whether we are talking about the Super Punter vs Mizzou Bowl or the Sugar Bowl against Georgia or last year's beat down of Utah, the team that shows up for the bowl hasn't been seen the entire season prior.  That coach was / is the coach a lot of us Texas fans thought we had signed up to coach our team 365 days a year.  Turns out he just coaches about 30 days a year instead.

I expect us to beat CU senseless, since that is what Tom Herman teams do in bowls.  They also lose back to back to Maryland.

• Hook 'Em 3

Yeah this will be a complete blowout. I don’t put much stock in the Utah game. Now THAT is what a team that doesn’t want to be there looks like. Georgia really did want to beat our ass and we punched them in the face. Herman can bring it for one fucking game every year and it’s always the bowl game. But we pay him to bring it at least 12 games a year, not 1.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

It's been a slow week at work this week.  I may just head off to the NFL too.  I didn't realize that was an option until now.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3