Texas opens as an 11 point favorite v Colorado

TexasMan

It’s gameweek, I guess.  Aren’t we supposed To start a chant or something?  
what time can we start drinking to endure this shitshow?

Edited by Lobo

2 hours ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Anyone else not watching this shit?

Thats how much I don’t give a fuck about this program right now.

Oooh I'll be watching. 2020 has been a shitastic year for everyone but I'm still interested in seeing one more game before it's finished. 

Now, will I be glued to the TV? Cheering for every great play like I normally would? Nope. In fact it'll be recorded since I'll be in the middle of class.

That's where things stand in the Tom Herman Texas Football era. I'd rather DVR and study than watch a live game.

This season also snapped my 11 year streak of attending every spring game and at least 1 home game. Wasn't planning on doing the spring game pre covid so I sure as shit wasn't going to actually pay to watch. 

Fuck you very much, Tom. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I didn't even know this game was tomorrow.  Who the fuck even cares.  The players clearly don't care to be there with all of the opt outs.  Not sure Tom Herman even wants to be there.  

CDC, you can go fuck yourself.  You've allowed apathy to set in for the entire fanbase and the program itself.  

• Hook 'Em 3

8 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Oooh I'll be watching. 2020 has been a shitastic year for everyone but I'm still interested in seeing one more game before it's finished. 

Now, will I be glued to the TV? Cheering for every great play like I normally would? Nope. In fact it'll be recorded since I'll be in the middle of class.

That's where things stand in the Tom Herman Texas Football era. I'd rather DVR and study than watch a live game.

This season also snapped my 11 year streak of attending every spring game and at least 1 home game. Wasn't planning on doing the spring game pre covid so I sure as shit wasn't going to actually pay to watch. 

Fuck you very much, Tom. 

Honest question.

Didn't the Charlie Strong years piss you off way more than what is going on now. 

2010-2016 this season would have been considered a peak year.

Just interested why a 6-3 season will make you throw in the towel but three consecutive losing seasons didn't 

• Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, TheWellofInformation said:

Honest question.

Didn't the Charlie Strong years piss you off way more than what is going on now. 

2010-2016 this season would have been considered a peak year.

Just interested why a 6-3 season will make you throw in the towel but three consecutive losing seasons didn't 

No. Charlie was at least a likeable person. Fuck face isn't. 

'11 and '13 (my senior year) were pretty good seasons for different reasons. '18 I've concluded was the biggest wool over eye seasons this decade despite being the only year in which 10 games was won. 

I was one of the first last season to start questioning Herman's offense but was laughed at because some stupid fucking metric had us in the top 10-15 in overall offense. But I still thought he was the guy. 

As I've stated before on this site, it wasn't until the coordinator search when I was done with Herman. When the possibility of getting Graham Harrell arose (not that I necessarily wanted him or an air raid offense) but Mr. 11 personnel squashed it claiming he didn't need to change it, just someone to run it, that's when I threw the towel in. Not during any point this season. This fucker really thinks he can win this conference playing ball control and only scoring 30 ppg. It didn't matter who was hired at that point. I knew we'd be reserved to at least 3 losses this season before shit even hit the fan. 

Bottom line, I can't stand people who don't realize they don't know everything. The thought of someone else possessing more knowledge than themselves... you know the type. By no means do I think I know more football than TH. But there are clear issues with his system (explosivity being the biggest, imo) he won't see until after he loses his next job. 

• Hook 'Em 2

"There are guys dealing with COVID-19 issues who won't play in the game. Herman said he wasn't at liberty to disclose the names of those players."

Also found this:  Tyler Johnson is expected to start at right guard in Tuesday’s game in place of Okafor, who’s dealing with COVID-19 protocols according to Horns247’s FUCK CHIP BROWN...

3 hours ago, CowtownHorn said:

Line down to 7.5. Hmmm.

Some places show 7pts  https://mybookie.ag 

Others still at 9pts

Alamo Bowl pits Colorado's Broussard vs depleted Texas Defense

(AP)  Alamo Bowl: No. 20 Texas (6-3) vs Colorado (4-1) , Dec. 29, 9 p.m. Eastern (ESPN)

Line: Texas by 9.

Series record: Texas leads 11-7

WHAT'S AT STAKE -- Texas coach Tom Herman faced months of speculation he might get dumped after his fourth season, but now has a chance to lead the Longhorns to their fourth straight bowl victory. Colorado is playing its first bowl game since the Alamo Bowl following the 2016 season.

KEY MATCHUP -- A depleted Texas defense against Colorado running back Jarek Broussard, who comes in averaging 162.6 yards rushing, including a 301-yard effort against Arizona. Four team captains on defense, including sacks leader Joseph Ossai, have opted out of the season since late November. Three left after the regular season.

PLAYERS TO WATCH -- Texas: Freshman running back Bijan Robinson ran for 172 yards and three touchdowns while averaging a whopping 19.1 yards on nine carries in the final regular season game against Kansas State. He looks like the future of the program.

Colorado: Junior linebacker Carson Wells Jr. averages 2.7 tackles for loss per game and the Buffs will need him after losing star LB Nate Landman (ankle). Wells' ability to anchor a defense tasked with stopping Robinson and keeping Texas quarterback Sam Ehlinger from scrambling for big gains will be key.

FACTS & FIGURES -- Ehlinger is one of only two Power Five quarterbacks to pass for more than 11,000 yards and rush for more than 1,500. The other is former Texas quarterback Colt McCoy ... Colorado and Texas haven't met since 2009 when Colorado was still a member of the Big 12. They clashed twice in Big 12 championship games, with Colorado winning in 2001 and Texas winning in 2005 on its way to the national championship ... Texas will wear “FA” helmet stickers to honor former coach Fred Akers, who died on Dec. 7. Akers was 86-31-2 from 1977-86.

9 hours ago, jinx said:

Just checking in to say I don't really care.  Sure I'll watch, but my level of apathy is very high.  

Al will still be pissed either way.  
Will experience the highs and lows and always root for the team. Shoulda, coulda, doesn’t matter at this point, a great way to spend a Tuesday night (assuming Herman and staff doesn’t fuck this up), confidence  isn’t exactly high. 

ou sucks and fuck aggy

TEXAS, FIGHT!!!!

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, victory88 said:

I didn't even know this game was tomorrow.  Who the fuck even cares.  The players clearly don't care to be there with all of the opt outs.  Not sure Tom Herman even wants to be there.  

CDC, you can go fuck yourself.  You've allowed apathy to set in for the entire fanbase and the program itself.  

Just checked at 11:36 pm and saw that the game was tomorrow.  Support the second paragraph of this statement and the second part of the first paragraph after the "Who the fuck even cares." 

Edit: I still care. 

Edited by Mdhorn

Lots of badasses in here.

Count me in the group looking forward to the game. Sorry we didn't get to play Kansas. Sorry I won't be attending live.

I expect a victory.

Damn negativity and bullshit is almost turning me into a Herman fan. That coming from someone who was never truly pumped about his arrival.

Man up and support your team. The guys that want to be here. The guys that will be representing you and your school. Never in our history has there been a time with more reasons to not play a game. Yet here they are. Representing all of us. Even the dumbasses amongst us.

But go ahead. Those of you wanting to talk your trash, talk it. Hide behind your electronic devices. I'd probably kick 75% of your butts. Some of you severely.

There. Take some of that.

Hook Em Horns.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Lots of badasses in here.

Count me in the group looking forward to the game. Sorry we didn't get to play Kansas. Sorry I won't be attending live.

I expect a victory.

Damn negativity and bullshit is almost turning me into a Herman fan. That coming from someone who was never truly pumped about his arrival.

Man up and support your team. The guys that want to be here. The guys that will be representing you and your school. Never in our history has there been a time with more reasons to not play a game. Yet here they are. Representing all of us. Even the dumbasses amongst us.

But go ahead. Those of you wanting to talk your trash, talk it. Hide behind your electronic devices. I'd probably kick 75% of your butts. Some of you severely.

There. Take some of that.

Hook Em Horns.

You know, this is a great sentiment and all, but supporting the team and having a problem with fuckface can be done at the same time. 

Disliking the product and preferring to do something else with your Tuesday evening can also be done. All of this can be done while still being a fan of the school/players. 

Cool story about being able to kick everyone’s ass though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

How can you be a fan when you don’t even watch them? 

The players are the constant. Coaches come and go. Don’t like the coach? Fine. Me neither. Refuse to watch the kids? Fuck off, you suck, your heart is black as coal. Eat shit and die in eternal fire. You’re not a fan, you’re a wretched heartless pile of shit and you should be jettisoned into space.

23 minutes ago, Caver60 said:

How can you be a fan when you don’t even watch them? 

The players are the constant. Coaches come and go. Don’t like the coach? Fine. Me neither. Refuse to watch the kids? Fuck off, you suck, your heart is black as coal. Eat shit and die in eternal fire. You’re not a fan, you’re a wretched heartless pile of shit and you should be jettisoned into space.

I’ll be watching the game, but will also be drinking and playing some games with friends. It’s not that it doesn’t mean anything to me and that I’m not going to hurt if they lose the game. I’m just numb to the head-scratching play calls and the seemingly inconsistent personnel groupings. If Bijan gets less than 10 carries, Herman should have to walk home. 

My love for Texas football is not dependent upon the coach, but my apathy sure as shit is. I realize that there may be extenuating circumstances that I’m not privy to that may prevent me from making an informed decision about the personnel on the field, but why is it that the coaches in the top ten can figure it out? How is it that I’m year four we still don’t have an identity on offense? I’m as Ra-Ra as the next guy but there is a clear fucking issue with coaching this team. I hope they win, and if the worst happens, I also hope Herman is relieved of his duties. Hook’em, and Texas forever!

Edited by Droopy

You know, this is a great sentiment and all, but supporting the team and having a problem with fuckface can be done at the same time. 

Disliking the product and preferring to do something else with your Tuesday evening can also be done. All of this can be done while still being a fan of the school/players. 

Cool story about being able to kick everyone’s ass though. 

75% isn't everyone. I left a little wiggle room.

Running in here and informing others that you have something else to do on a damn Tuesday night is a little bit "hey look at me I'm desperately seeking attention and need some justification" kinda feel to it. And obviously none of us are so damn important otherwise we'd spend little to no time on a message board when there are always more important things that can be done.

And my guess is a fair amount of this is made up and a bunch of the nimrods will be sitting in front of the tv come gametime. I for damn sure have that itch to watch and not because I'm team Herman.

And I'm not buying supporting the players if you are going to spend more time stating you don't care or aren't watching the game, than actually watching in support of them. Maybe even some guys who will never play for your team again. It's football. It's the last Horns game for another 9 months.

You are correct. You can have a problem with Herman and support the team. But that isn't really happening here. Not to mention there are multiple threads not in support of Herman and his future here so there is no question as to the general feeling towards him.

Let's just have some faux enthusiasm for 24 hours. In one or two threads.

I’ll be watching the game, but will also be drinking and playing some games with friends. It’s not that it doesn’t mean anything to me and that I’m not going to hurt if they lose the game. I’m just numb to the head-scratching play calls and the seemingly inconsistent personnel groupings. If Bijan gets less than 10 carries, Herman should have to walk home. 

My love for Texas football is not dependent upon the coach, but my apathy sure as shit is. I realize that there may be extenuating circumstances that I’m not privy to that may prevent me from making an informed decision about the personnel on the field, but why is it that the coaches in the top ten can figure it out? How is it that I’m year four we still don’t have an identity on offense? I’m as Ra-Ra as the next guy but there is a clear fucking issue with coaching this team. I hope they win, and if the worst happens, I also hope Herman is relieved of his duties. Hook’em, and Texas forever!
This is a reasonable take.

Play calling, coaching selections, personnel decisions. All issues that Mack had. Mack and Greg were mentors to Herman so I wouldn't be surprised at the horizontal passing game or preferred upperclassmen getting more playing time because he may well have learned from them. 97% of coaches screw that up all the time.

I don't like Herman for those same reasons. I don't care for the immature actions. But if you want hope, he is still a young, maturing head coach. And maybe, just maybe he can and will learn some humility that may make him a better coach. We are somewhat close. Yes, we're also close to a .500 record this year.

There are many reasons to be positive about next year even if Herman returns. But you have to be objective.
  • Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

75% isn't everyone. I left a little wiggle room.

Running in here and informing others that you have something else to do on a damn Tuesday night is a little bit "hey look at me I'm desperately seeking attention and need some justification" kinda feel to it. And obviously none of us are so damn important otherwise we'd spend little to no time on a message board when there are always more important things that can be done.

And my guess is a fair amount of this is made up and a bunch of the nimrods will be sitting in front of the tv come gametime. I for damn sure have that itch to watch and not because I'm team Herman.

And I'm not buying supporting the players if you are going to spend more time stating you don't care or aren't watching the game, than actually watching in support of them. Maybe even some guys who will never play for your team again. It's football. It's the last Horns game for another 9 months.

You are correct. You can have a problem with Herman and support the team. But that isn't really happening here. Not to mention there are multiple threads not in support of Herman and his future here so there is no question as to the general feeling towards him.

Let's just have some faux enthusiasm for 24 hours. In one or two threads.

26 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

This is a reasonable take.

Play calling, coaching selections, personnel decisions. All issues that Mack had. Mack and Greg were mentors to Herman so I wouldn't be surprised at the horizontal passing game or preferred upperclassmen getting more playing time because he may well have learned from them. 97% of coaches screw that up all the time.

I don't like Herman for those same reasons. I don't care for the immature actions. But if you want hope, he is still a young, maturing head coach. And maybe, just maybe he can and will learn some humility that may make him a better coach. We are somewhat close. Yes, we're also close to a .500 record this year.

There are many reasons to be positive about next year even if Herman returns. But you have to be objective.

Dude. What site do you think you're on? This isn't the Friends of Texas Football Booster Club Annual Ice Cream Jamboree. You are talking to a bunch of sick, angry, obsessed assholes that given the chance will push themselves to emotional and psychological ruin wanting this program to win football games whether Texas is even playing or not. It could be March and a class of 2025 soft-verbal commit cornerback from DeSoto could put something OU related on Instagram and someone here would pen a tangentially related 200-word meltdown about the state of our program. 

Just because some of us might be checked out in disgust at this point or see this game for what it is doesn't mean that we don't care about Texas football or think we're "cool" or some shit. If anyone doesn't care to watch the game then neat. I know I penned something about why winning bowl games DOES matter - not sure if it was on this thread or another - but in terms of relative importance this bowl game is near the absolute bottom of the list. I don't expect anyone to get super jazzed about winning this one or watching Herman coach another game but short of cheering for us to lose or not caring if we lose at all then whatever.

If Herman is gone he's gone either way. So, fuck it, watch the Horns and cheer for an ass-beating or do something else with your time. We have bigger fish to fry when it comes to the future of this program. Expecting everyone here to drown themselves in kool-aid and get worked up over another shitass Alamo Bowl and stay positive no matter who is coaching Texas next season isn't really what this site is for.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

A line of Karic - Angilau - Majors - Johnson - Jones has 10 whole starts, removing Angilau's 21.

Time for the old ball coach Hand to earn his money.

Fuck.

Over/under on the number of hours spent by Colorado staff gameplanning to stop Brewer? 45 games, 5 whole TDs and less than a catch a game on average?

0?

Hey, maybe after all the noise surrounding Herman, he will take a large, hard look at his failures and stop playing Brewer in positions he constantly fails.

Edited by pacman
  • Hook 'Em 1

Okafor out due to COVID-19

Line today is now   TEXAS -7    O/U 63.5

Starters Not Available:  

Defense - Ossai, TQ, Sterns, C.Brown, Juwan (1st half)

Offense - Cosmi, Kerstetter, Okafor, Eagles, Ingram (Opt out)

Edited by LTtxfan

8 hours ago, Had Enough said:

I expect a victory.

me too.  but i expected a victory against ou, tcu, and isu this year also.  just in his three years at texas, herman has lost 6 times to unranked opponents while being ranked.  that's the most in the fbs.  we've got to live up to our expectations and stop getting beat by teams we are better than on paper, but inferior to in heart and spirit.