Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

27 minutes ago, BigSwingingD said:

spacer.png

Visual aid...Jizzbo...Real Coaching.

Aggies love that and anything else their coach does while in favor.  It is done in the name of all that is good. Agginess.

Aggies hate that if it's anybody else. It's all evil that they wouldn't have at A&M!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Aggies love that and anything else their coach does while in favor.  It is done in the name of all that is good. Agginess.

Aggies hate that if it's anybody else. It's all evil that they wouldn't have at A&M!

Exactly. It’s like Looch calling Ehlinger obnoxious and arrogant, but praising Leon for being confident. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

Hey everyone, just got back from Baton Rouge. I was taking my stepson there for an orientation (he got his GED and only qualified for Blinn, aggy, and LSU) and got to hang out with some of the local folks there. Last night, I went to one of the local restaurants and was drinking some beer at the bar and started talking football to some of the people there (of course, I had my UT cap on).

A lot of them asked me about Herman and I told them how happy we are with him. I didn't say much because I didn't want to upset them since he turned them down for us. To my surprise, the majority of them said they understood. They talked about how they knew it would be hard for Herman to turn down a job at the flagship university in Texas, about how nice Austin is, the rich traditions of UT, etc...

Some of them were wanting to come see LSU play in Austin, and I told them they will love ATX and would have a great visit. One guy there said every Longhorn fan he knew was passionate about the Horns, yet respectful and friendly. Others chimed in about how impressed (and a bit jealous) they are with UT fans and their passion for their team, coach, and Big 12.

I asked them about the game at LSU in 2020, and they said it will be difficult for me to attend. Even though it is over year away, tickets are already going for more than $1,000 a piece. One older fan said he has never seen this kind of excitement for a team coming in to play their beloved Tigers.

Most, if not all, let me know they were glad we didn't play in the SEC. Gave mad respect for Herman and UT.

Anyway, it was great to hear others opinions about UT, and I thought I would share. Hook 'em!

You got 9/10.  You forgot to include stories about how the LSU fans were spit on and pushed down stairs by unclassy Ags.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

Hey everyone, just got back from Baton Rouge. I was taking my stepson there for an orientation (he got his GED

10/10 I couldn't get past the first line without bursting into uncontrollable laughter over and over. I guess I appreciated the understatement and earnestness. Holy fuck that was good. I may be crazy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey everyone, just got back from Baton Rouge. I was taking my stepson there for an orientation (he got his GED and only qualified for Blinn, aggy, and LSU) and got to hang out with some of the local folks there. Last night, I went to one of the local restaurants and was drinking some beer at the bar and started talking football to some of the people there (of course, I had my UT cap on).
A lot of them asked me about Herman and I told them how happy we are with him. I didn't say much because I didn't want to upset them since he turned them down for us. To my surprise, the majority of them said they understood. They talked about how they knew it would be hard for Herman to turn down a job at the flagship university in Texas, about how nice Austin is, the rich traditions of UT, etc...
Some of them were wanting to come see LSU play in Austin, and I told them they will love ATX and would have a great visit. One guy there said every Longhorn fan he knew was passionate about the Horns, yet respectful and friendly. Others chimed in about how impressed (and a bit jealous) they are with UT fans and their passion for their team, coach, and Big 12.
I asked them about the game at LSU in 2020, and they said it will be difficult for me to attend. Even though it is over year away, tickets are already going for more than $1,000 a piece. One older fan said he has never seen this kind of excitement for a team coming in to play their beloved Tigers.
Most, if not all, let me know they were glad we didn't play in the SEC. Gave mad respect for Herman and UT.
Anyway, it was great to hear others opinions about UT, and I thought I would share. Hook 'em!

Well done, Sir!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

You left out getting lost in the parking lot while walking to campus and how a whole crowd of those good ol' Tigers walked you the entire 25 yards from your car to the building.

Edited by Born Burnt
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

Beautiful Shia GIF by swerk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

This is up there for post of the year, IMO. 

Unbelievable vision. Beautiful prose. Masterful execution. 

• Like 2

On 8/9/2019 at 8:13 AM, Machinator said:

EBh1jNfXUAAGH8B?format=jpg&name=mediumEBh1keIXkAEdZFc?format=jpg&name=mediumEBh1lkBX4AkDyqa?format=jpg&name=mediumEBh1nRNXsAA968t?format=jpg&name=900x900

The fact they have Umanmielen in the "medium" confidence category more than likely means he is trending Texas like TFB said.

Didn't the Texags clowns recently say he was the #1 DL priority for aggy, top DL in-state, aggy is the clear leader, blah blah??

Other than Collins ( not happening for them ) and Alford who gives a shit about that list.  

And lulz at an aggy legacy Hayes in the "medium" confidence level.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

38 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

The fact they have Umanmielen in the "medium" confidence category more than likely means he is trending Texas like TFB said.

Didn't the Texags clowns recently say he was the #1 DL priority for aggy, top DL in-state, aggy is the clear leader, blah blah??

Other than Collins ( not happening for them ) and Alford who gives a shit about that list.  

I think chin pubes said Princely was the most important DL on aggy board and the one the staff was going after the hardest....maybe the most ridiculous statement said by anyone this cycle 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

Gosh, in gratitude they already got your stepson a shirt.

COvu8WWVAAAh0Zp.jpg

• Haha 1

I thought after the Bijan commit Evans was a lock for aggy

7 hours ago, RGBIII said:

I think chin pubes said Princely was the most important DL on aggy board and the one the staff was going after the hardest....maybe the most ridiculous statement said by anyone this cycle 

While I agree with the general gist of your post, I would like to remind everyone that recently in the 6figs thread Hamm has declared once again that he is the best in the business and Karen picked broughton to aTm like 9 seconds before he committed to Texas. Lets not pretend there isn’t an overflowing cornucopia of dipshittery to select from here...

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, markstanco said:
10 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Read more  

I thought after the Bijan commit Evans was a lock for aggy

Jimbo decided to pass on him. Not good enough. 

Sure Texas just got a bunch of guys the fake news, BOMC sites say are higher rated  but we got the higher ranked Texags prospects! Gosh darn those sips have no dag gum momentum. 

Howell was a mouth breather when he covered Texas and I see his mouth is no less closed now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

While I agree with the general gist of your post, I would like to remind everyone that recently in the 6figs thread Hamm has declared once again that he is the best in the business and Karen picked broughton to aTm like 9 seconds before he committed to Texas. Lets not pretend there isn’t an overflowing cornucopia of dipshittery to select from here...

That’s true, I’ll add this amendment to my original statement then “maybe the most ridiculous statement said by anyone this cycle that actually gets paid to do so”

• Haha 1

4-star S Alford down to two, decision coming soon.

Brian Perroni

HOUSTON - Shadow Creek four-star safety Xavion Alford is one of the top uncommitted prospects in the state of Texas for the class of 2020. The 6-foot-0.5, 188-pound defender saw a ton of offers pour in during the spring. In fact, he now holds them from 43 different schools.

With many of his peers coming off the board by making commitments, Alford says it will not be too much longer before he does so as well.

"Before my first game," Alford said of a commitment date. "I don't know when. It could be the day before. It could be earlier, but I'm going to announce sometime before the season."

Shadow Creek begins its season on Sat., Aug. 31 and the nation's No. 145 overall prospect has a plan for how he will make his announcement prior to that date.

"I'm going to do it with a video," he said.

Alford had previously listed Alabama, LSU, Texas and Texas A&M as his final four schools. However, it is now an in-state battle between the Aggies and Longhorns.

"Right now, the main two are Texas and Texas A&M," he said. "It had been a final four, but now I'm just down to those two."

Alford says there is a lot to like about Texas A&M.

"Coach Elko, coach Ish (Aristide), coach Jimbo - they're all doing a great job of recruiting me," he said. "The program is definitely going up, too. Jimbo got there last year and basically had a 10-win season. The defense, coach Elko turned that around too. They should be going up even farther this season."

A current player in sophomore safety Leon O'Neal Jr. has also had an impact on Alford.

"Leon, of course. He's the biggest spokesperson up there for A&M," Alford said. "I've known him before this, so it really means a lot when he's really wanting me up there, playing back there with him."

Texas has its pros with Alford as well.

"Texas is definitely going up, too," he said. "Both of the in-state programs are going up. They're both having winning seasons. It's going to be a fun college season to watch. I like the defense at Texas; it's similar to what we run at our school."

With a decision not far off at all, Alford says he knows where it will likely be.

"I think I have a clue. Yeah I think I've got a clue where it's going to be," he said.

Alford helped first-year varsity program Shadow Creek to a 15-1 record and a state championship game appearance as a junior. He finished with 61 tackles, six interceptions and 20 tackles for loss. The last four Crystal Ball predictions for him have all been in favor of the Aggies

3 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Brian Perroni

HOUSTON - Shadow Creek four-star safety Xavion Alford is one of the top uncommitted prospects in the state of Texas for the class of 2020. The 6-foot-0.5, 188-pound defender saw a ton of offers pour in during the spring. In fact, he now holds them from 43 different schools.

With many of his peers coming off the board by making commitments, Alford says it will not be too much longer before he does so as well.

"Before my first game," Alford said of a commitment date. "I don't know when. It could be the day before. It could be earlier, but I'm going to announce sometime before the season."

Shadow Creek begins its season on Sat., Aug. 31 and the nation's No. 145 overall prospect has a plan for how he will make his announcement prior to that date.

Alford had previously listed Alabama, LSU, Texas and Texas A&M as his final four schools. However, it is now an in-state battle between the Aggies and Longhorns.

"Right now, the main two are Texas and Texas A&M," he said. "It had been a final four, but now I'm just down to those two."

"Coach Elko, coach Ish (Aristide), coach Jimbo - they're all doing a great job of recruiting me," he said. "The program is definitely going up, too. Jimbo got there last year and basically had a 10-win season. The defense, coach Elko turned that around too. They should be going up even farther this season."

A current player in sophomore safety Leon O'Neal Jr. has also had an impact on Alford.

"Leon, of course. He's the biggest spokesperson up there for A&M," Alford said. "I've known him before this, so it really means a lot when he's really wanting me up there, playing back there with him."

"Texas is definitely going up, too," he said. "Both of the in-state programs are going up. They're both having winning seasons. It's going to be a fun college season to watch. I like the defense at Texas; it's similar to what we run at our school."

With a decision not far off at all, Alford says he knows where it will likely be.

"I think I have a clue. Yeah I think I've got a clue where it's going to be," he said.

Alford helped first-year varsity program Shadow Creek to a 15-1 record and a state championship game appearance as a junior. He finished with 61 tackles, six interceptions and 20 tackles for loss. The last four Crystal Ball predictions for him have all been in favor of the Aggies

So 9 is the new 10 "basically" and it's tough to play with leon when he doesn't get to play. All aggy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Hey Xavier, Leon ain't playing back there.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

This story brings a tear to my eye and makes me so proud to be a lifelong t-shirt fan. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Looch at least cons some aggy into giving him money so his asshattery is slightly notable. Karen is just a nutty old lady and 6figs is a failed pool cleaner with a Facebook page and a god complex. 

Edited by Bevo14

They have a home game with top-10 Notre Dame this year
EBkurAeXkAAwoUX?format=jpg&name=small

So this doddering redass is on a trip to move his daughter into the dorms at UGA and had multiple conversations with multiple people sufficient to obtain a consensus about UGA fans’ views of aggy? Why would he be talking to strangers about aggy at UGA move-in day? Perhaps it had something to do with the aggy hat he was most assuredly wearing, the aggy t shirt he was wearing, the aggy ring he was wearing, the 12 aggy bumper stickers on his Dodge Caravan, the thousand times he said “howdy” to strangers, or him randomly asking stranger about their opinion on the dadgum fightin Texas aggies. Whoop.

What a fucking loser.
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

"Coach Elko, coach Ish (Aristide), coach Jimbo - they're all doing a great job of recruiting me," he said. "The program is definitely going up, too. Jimbo got there last year and basically had a 10-win season.”

Oh for fuck’s sake. So the line Jimbo is telling recruits is that they basically won 10 games without winning 10 games. Do quality losses count as wins? What the fuck is going on here?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Brian Perroni

Basically a 10 win team? Actually no it wasn’t.
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, utfan87 said:

So 9 is the new 10 "basically" and it's tough to play with leon when he doesn't get to play. All aggy

It’s the aggyest thing ever. We beat an SEC team they’ve never even played in conference, but “just barely,” and only because Georgia “didn’t want to be there.” They only won 9 games, one by officials’ gift, and several against creampuffs, but it’s “basically 10.”

Alford is destined to be aggy. He was born to be aggy, right along with Leon O’Neal, Steve McKinney, and John Sharp. WHOOP! indeed.

Overflowing jar cleanup on Aisle 12 at the Super Kroger!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

Oh for fuck’s sake. So the line Jimbo is telling recruits is that they basically won 10 games without winning 10 games. Do quality losses count as wins? What the fuck is going on here?

Well, if close losses count as "wins" in Alford's thinking, then he ought to love a 13-1 Texas, lol.

Edited by XOVERX