A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

he'll say something like, "we just won our 3rd straight election, and everybody, so many people are coming up to me, sir, tears in their eyes, thanking me, telling me i'm the first president in history to win three straight elections, but actually franklin roosevelt was president four times, a lot of people don't know that".

which will tell all of us that he just learned it minutes earlier.

• Haha 3

Thoughts and Prayers to the Coulter family on the upcoming stable fire that will claim Ann's life as well as the other thoroughbreds at the facility.  

7 hours ago, TexasEd said:

Trump is so obsessed with the Big Lie that if he won in 2024 he would use that as proof that 2020 was stolen and it would be what he spent most of his time talking about because he couldn't be a 2020 loser and a 2024 winner.  It might actually keep him from fucking too much else up because that's all he would obsess about for 4 years, well that and his inauguration crowd size.

Trump cheated so in his mind, the only way someone beat him was to have cheated too.  In his world, everybody cheats--it's how he got ahead, and for Trump, the proof is that he lost.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

Trump's constant pounding of the Big Lie, or, the Big Grift, reminds me of when he stated Obama wasn't born in the US. He would not let it go, and even got Melania saying it. He will pound this lie to death until he gets his way, whatever that is. It worked before by getting millions of people to believe it, and he's using the same playbook to make it happen again with this election fraud bs. Man, I wish he would go away!!!!!!!!!! The harm and destruction this one single individual is doing to our country is unbelievable. 

Edited by Brandywine

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Who gives a fuck? They'll simply revert their position to "Yes, Trump let us down, but he's still better than Biden and look at America right now!"

They don't give a shit about America at all and they couldn't be bothered to show up for Trump in 2016 when Hillary was on the ballot.

These people only gave a shit about how Trump made them feel after he took office (and for many, when the Q insanity kicked in).  They wanted that validation that he provided (and that they didn't know they needed), and they showed up for him in 2020, only for him to shit all over them later in 2021 over one of the issues that way too many tied their identifies too. These people go around letting everybody know they'll NEVER GET THE JAB! only for Trump to be out there telling them to get it.

There's a decent chance that many will return to form, which means not voting.  

Like I said, go hit up the voting records of all the Trumpkins you know, particularly the anti-vaxx and Qanon types, but all of the Trumpkins in general that you know.   I looked at the ones I know. Some were even Democrats (depends on the state as far as what info you can get), but most had very spotty voting.  Not something the Republicans can count on to win in 2024.

And Trump on the ballot in 2024 will get a shit-ton of Democrats back out to vote, not to mention New Democrats who have been getting registered.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

For fuck's sake, Trump is calling politicians who refuse to say whether they got vaccinated or a booster "gutless".  If you don't understand how the anti-vax crowd feels about that, you don't know any who are serious about it.

He bristled so hard at the boos he received for saying he was vaxxed, he wants everyone to have the same scarlet letter.

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Will the non maga news air Trump? 

Does it matter if they don’t?

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They don't give a shit about America at all and they couldn't be bothered to show up for Trump in 2016 when Hillary was on the ballot.

These people only gave a shit about how Trump made them feel after he took office (and for many, when the Q insanity kicked in).  They wanted that validation that he provided (and that they didn't know they needed), and they showed up for him in 2020, only for him to shit all over them later in 2021 over one of the issues that way too many tied their identifies too. These people go around letting everybody know they'll NEVER GET THE JAB! only for Trump to be out there telling them to get it.

There's a decent chance that many will return to form, which means not voting.  

Like I said, go hit up the voting records of all the Trumpkins you know, particularly the anti-vaxx and Qanon types, but all of the Trumpkins in general that you know.   I looked at the ones I know. Some were even Democrats (depends on the state as far as what info you can get), but most had very spotty voting.  Not something the Republicans can count on to win in 2024.

And Trump on the ballot in 2024 will get a shit-ton of Democrats back out to vote, not to mention New Democrats who have been getting registered.

Yo said it. They didn’t show up in 2016 for Hillary…because they didn’t know how they felt about him. Then they learned, and they loved it, and felt included, and indoctrinated themselves. And they miss that feeling. They miss it desperately. They’ll show up. 

27 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

For fuck's sake, Trump is calling politicians who refuse to say whether they got vaccinated or a booster "gutless".  If you don't understand how the anti-vax crowd feels about that, you don't know any who are serious about it.

Trump v. The anti vaxxer idiots who support him is gonna be quite hilarious.

38 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yo said it. They didn’t show up in 2016 for Hillary…because they didn’t know how they felt about him. Then they learned, and they loved it, and felt included, and indoctrinated themselves. And they miss that feeling. They miss it desperately. They’ll show up. 

They felt included, and then he did a 180 on the vaccine thing in their eyes.  And he can't stop supporting the vaccine thing, because he wants 100% credit for inventing the vaccines.  They would have let it go if it had just been at the Rally in the Cow Pasture thing, but then came the tour with O'Reilly, then him pushing back on Candace Owens, him calling politicians who won't say if they are or not "gutless", etc.

This crowd does not just hate vaccine mandates, they hate the idea of vaccines, period.  

And he's also been telling them elections don't matter and will just be stolen.

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They felt included, and then he did a 180 on the vaccine thing in their eyes.  And he can't stop supporting the vaccine thing, because he wants 100% credit for inventing the vaccines.  They would have let it go if it had just been at the Rally in the Cow Pasture thing, but then came the tour with O'Reilly, then him pushing back on Candace Owens, him calling politicians who won't say if they are or not "gutless", etc.

This crowd does not just hate vaccine mandates, they hate the idea of vaccines, period.  

And he's also been telling them elections don't matter and will just be stolen.

And they’re fucking idiots who don’t care and don’t operate logically. They’re not you. The things you cite would have an effect you YOU. He lied to his people countless times over the years, they still follow and love him. They explain away anything. 

23 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

And they’re fucking idiots who don’t care and don’t operate logically. They’re not you. The things you cite would have an effect you YOU. He lied to his people countless times over the years, they still follow and love him. They explain away anything. 

While you may be right I’m not so sure. If Jim Jones had told his followers to start trusting the government some of them wouldn’t have followed him to Jonestown. Many still would but not all.

He will easily win any republican primary if he runs but a significant amount of anti vaxxers won’t show up to vote in the general if he keeps this up.

It’s kind of an interesting litmus test to tell whether or not he’s serious about running. If he keeps doubling down on the vaccine, it’s an indicator that he isn’t really serious about running because his ego tells him he won’t win and he desperately needs valediction boyo about his creation of the vaccine. 

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

bloc.  and i disagree.  these people have no conviction.

Fine. Bloc. You’re right.

But no conviction means no vote. 

I understand the pessimism. Things are bad, no doubt. Very bad.

But things often get bad. If I’m Winston Churchill with the nazis overtaking all of Europe and basically the entire British army stuck and basically trapped in France, it would be easy to just give up and negotiate some sort of peace too.

That didn’t happen, and the world got a reprieve from history, if only for a short while.

Fine. Bloc. You’re right.
But no conviction means no vote. 

I understand the pessimism. Things are bad, no doubt. Very bad.

But things often get bad. If I’m Winston Churchill with the nazis overtaking all of Europe and basically the entire British army stuck and basically trapped in France, it would be easy to just give up and negotiate some sort of peace too.
That didn’t happen, and the world got a reprieve from history, if only for a short while.

Our Churchill is Joe Biden.

We have one party that wants to inflict pain and suffering in millions of Americans.

And another party that is not even remotely able to stop them.

We’re fucked.
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Our Churchill is Joe Biden.

We have one party that wants to inflict pain and suffering in millions of Americans.

And another party that is not even remotely able to stop them.

We’re fucked.

Counterpoint.

The trumpkins are not nearly as far along as the nazis were at that point then, so perhaps a Churchill is not yet needed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

it wasn't that long ago that just the thought of a candidate getting subpoenaed could derail his entire campaign.  extra-marital affair would definitely rule him out. 

ahh, the 80's.

Their morals changed, and laws only apply to Democrats.   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

While you may be right I’m not so sure. If Jim Jones had told his followers to start trusting the government some of them wouldn’t have followed him to Jonestown. Many still would but not all.

He will easily win any republican primary if he runs but a significant amount of anti vaxxers won’t show up to vote in the general if he keeps this up.

It’s kind of an interesting litmus test to tell whether or not he’s serious about running. If he keeps doubling down on the vaccine, it’s an indicator that he isn’t really serious about running because his ego tells him he won’t win and he desperately needs valediction boyo about his creation of the vaccine. 

i have always assumed he'd run and win by a ton, but i think this is a good point.  antivaxxers are a significant number of his voters and it could trigger some outsized reaction from them.

one other thing is i've never seen numbers that articulate who his voters were in 2016 versus 2020.  8 years between 2016 and 2024 is a long time.  with an 80 year life span, it seems to imply 10% of his 2016 voters will be dead by then, 5% of his 2020.  was the increase between 2016 and 2020 just the same demographic profile as the original 2016 R voting bloc(k), just four years older?  or was he able to backfill effectively with yoots, who cannot be counted on to die by 2024.  i assume the big jump in D votes were spread throughout the age brackets.

(as i'm writing this, i just googled the answer; at least a good substitute to it in contemporaneous self-identification of party.  it looks like trump's voting base just aged and he didn't back fill with kids.  biden did fine with kids.  i think that is the most positive thing i've seen to make me think trump won't win again in 2024)

PP_2020.06.02_party-id_2-01-1.png

21 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Also, absolutely the dem nom should debate him. With a little prep, a good talker could needle him into going completely, rabid dog foaming at the mouth insane on a debate stage.

And no one will care.  "He's just showing how passionate he is about America!"

• Rage+1 1

22 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Also, absolutely the dem nom should debate him. With a little prep, a good talker could needle him into going completely, rabid dog foaming at the mouth insane on a debate stage. Grandpa Joe almost made him do it in the last debate.

Just ask him a few questions

1) Are you upset that the media doesn’t give you credit for the three beautiful vaccines and why do you think they don’t give you credit and how much credit should you get?

2) What do you say to people who don’t believe in the vaccines that you helped create to save America?

• Hook 'Em 2

23 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Also, absolutely the dem nom should debate him. With a little prep, a good talker could needle him into going completely, rabid dog foaming at the mouth insane on a debate stage. Grandpa Joe almost made him do it in the last debate.

Seems we won't get this chance.  Fucking pussies.  Fucking anti-American fucks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/13/us/politics/republican-presidential-debate-dispute.html

R.N.C. Signals a Pullout From Presidential Debates

The Republican National Committee says it will require candidates to pledge to not participate in debates run by the Commission on Presidential Debates. What would replace them, if anything, was unclear.

• Rage+1 1

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement