A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

It apparently is true that there is some jockeying between NARA and outgoing administrations about "personal" vs. "presidential" records, the former of which a former potus is permitted to keep, and the latter of which belong to NARA.
There is NOT, as far as I have seen, jockeying regarding classified documents, that requires NARA to involve the DOJ.

The average 5th grader could understand this concept within 2 minutes

2 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Reading the comments on this: I glean that the normal submission is 20 pages maximum, but the doj asked for 40 (or maybe asked for more and was granted 40?) to state their position. 

still not sure what the 40 pages will be about though.  What’s the argument being looked at right now?

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Reading the comments on this: I glean that the normal submission is 20 pages maximum, but the doj asked for 40 (or maybe asked for more and was granted 40?) to state their position. 

still not sure what the 40 pages will be about though.  What’s the argument being looked at right now?

Pretty routine thing, overall.

I think the main issue is going to be whether a claim of executive privilege, even if sustained, can cause such documents to be withheld from a criminal investigation occurring within the executive branch. Although the answer to that seems to be a clear no, there is a good bit of background (legislative history, statutory interpretation) required to answer that question.

5 hours ago, texastough said:

What if there are documents showing how fpotus helped plan Jan 6 among everything seized at MAL

I’m more interested in whether there were blackmale documents and photos involving people like Lindsey Graham, and some of the others who did an about face on Trump.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

His businesses will go broke, his hangers-on and family will rat him out to save themselves, Fani and Letitia don't give fuck all about niceties of normal and customary treatment of former officeholders, the competition he spawned (deSantis) will kill him to take his place, Garland's deep state party machine will carve the name of Trump's crimes in Kafkaeque fashion on chest, and Liz Cheney will get the last head shot. 

He's toast.  Bank it.

Dude, people have been saying this since 2017.  I have yet to see ANYTHING that backs this up.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

Personally, I'm rooting for spontaneous human combustion. I saw enough shows from the Discovery Channel (or was it the History Channel?) about it to know we are due a good one. 

ok, i'll play.

i want for him to fake his own death and flee to another country.  then i want someone in that country to narc him out, and he gets dragged back here while people get to film his fat ass and laugh at him.

when the initial report hits that he's dead, the red-hats will say it's not true, it's a conspiracy, while everyone else celebrates.  but when he gets dragged out saddam style, but still alive, we'll laugh and laugh. 

ahh, if wishing made it so.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

ok, i'll play.

i want for him to fake his own death and flee to another country.  then i want someone in that country to narc him out, and he gets dragged back here while people get to film his fat ass and laugh at him.

when the initial report hits that he's dead, the red-hats will say it's not true, it's a conspiracy, while everyone else celebrates.  but when he gets dragged out saddam style, but still alive, we'll laugh and laugh. 

ahh, if wishing made it so.

This would be a hell of a curveball from The Simulation.

5 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Is DOJ getting paid by the word?  They should sign up Lobo to write their filings.

For a guy who has me on ignore, we still seem up at the bar an awful lot for long chats and longer gazes.  NTTAWT.  

But yeah, as much as Trump and his movement changed the uses of social media...the way this particular investigation and subsequent legal steps are playing out (almost) in real time is a whole other point in history to be studied for decades.  Closest I can think of is Watergate, but that unfolded over months with excruciating minutiae and diligence.  Even the most skeptical/pro-Nixon folks still checked in with reliable sources regularly (WaPo, NYT, Cronkite, PBS).  Everybody, on both sides or indifferent, was along for the slow-churn 'n burn.  They understood it to be part of the process no matter what.  Now, both sides are clamoring for "I want news to my narrative and I want it now."  It's juvenile all around.  Only reason I'm encouraged as someone trained in the law is it's remarkably methodical even by DoJ standards and it's actually happening at a remarkably expedient clip.  May not feel that way to those of us that wish Trump could fist himself to death...but it's been pretty expedient all things considered.  The only annoying lag has been from when NARA went to DoJ who went to FBI and their 3 back-and-forths with Trump and his team.  That's actually a feature for once, not a bug.  And they'll soon find out why.  When Bookman gives you extra time to return your overdue books, he's not being nice...he's buying time to build a case against you and giving you the sense you have time now to build your own case.  That the whole cat-n-mouse game didn't result in more serious shit is the fucking final miracle of the Trump Debacle.  

16 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

imagine the sheltered and privileged life one has to lead to hear about the fbi lawfully obtaining a warrant and searching someone's home, then call it un-american.

To be fair, she’s right. The American way is to drive a tank full of SWAT officers down to the suspect’s residence in the middle of the night, kick in the neighbor’s door, shoot an innocent family while they sleep, and announce at a press conference that it’s okay because one time one of them was seen near a suspected marijuana cigarette. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

17 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

For a guy who has me on ignore, we still seem up at the bar an awful lot for long chats and longer gazes.  NTTAWT.  

But yeah, as much as Trump and his movement changed the uses of social media...the way this particular investigation and subsequent legal steps are playing out (almost) in real time is a whole other point in history to be studied for decades.  Closest I can think of is Watergate, but that unfolded over months with excruciating minutiae and diligence.  Even the most skeptical/pro-Nixon folks still checked in with reliable sources regularly (WaPo, NYT, Cronkite, PBS).  Everybody, on both sides or indifferent, was along for the slow-churn 'n burn.  They understood it to be part of the process no matter what.  Now, both sides are clamoring for "I want news to my narrative and I want it now."  It's juvenile all around.  Only reason I'm encouraged as someone trained in the law is it's remarkably methodical even by DoJ standards and it's actually happening at a remarkably expedient clip.  May not feel that way to those of us that wish Trump could fist himself to death...but it's been pretty expedient all things considered.  The only annoying lag has been from when NARA went to DoJ who went to FBI and their 3 back-and-forths with Trump and his team.  That's actually a feature for once, not a bug.  And they'll soon find out why.  When Bookman gives you extra time to return your overdue books, he's not being nice...he's buying time to build a case against you and giving you the sense you have time now to build your own case.  That the whole cat-n-mouse game didn't result in more serious shit is the fucking final miracle of the Trump Debacle.  

paragraph breaks and how to use them.

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Dude, people have been saying this since 2017.  I have yet to see ANYTHING that backs this up.

Since 1987 and 1997 and 2007 and 2017 and like a cockroach in the bathroom he keeps climbing higher and higher without ever getting sucked down the drain. Ain't shit gonna happen this time either. 

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Covri said:

Since 1987 and 1997 and 2007 and 2017 and like a cockroach in the bathroom he keeps climbing higher and higher without ever getting sucked down the drain. Ain't shit gonna happen this time either. 

My #1 reason for being on the ledge.  This piece of shit is absolutely immune from accountability.  He bullies his way through life and it fucking works.  

He'll bully his way through this, too. 

• Rage+1 3

imagine the sheltered and privileged life one has to lead to hear about the fbi lawfully obtaining a warrant and searching someone's home, then call it un-american.
You certainly get lesser quality when you shift from "Jock Chaser" to political operative chaser, but here we are. I don't care if she or he used to be a dude and fucked Newsome with a 12" dong, nor do I care how she's fucking DT Jr's pie hole currently. That is thier business. But she is a clown, ditch pig, and disgusting human chasing fame with zero regard for her fellow humans.

But, Her or his, sexual status and fact she or he may be packing a huge dong right up the butt of the son of our former Potus is not the issue dude.

24 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

paragraph breaks and how to use them.

Yeah, I'm going through a David Mamet-esque white knuckle experience literally when I'm typing.  You think I give a fuck about paragraphs?  

Serious question---you and the Mrs. are in Texas in late September...lemme know.  Ransom Center deal with DeNiro and some other folks.  You can drink my share...hope all is well on your end.

5 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, I'm going through a David Mamet-esque white knuckle experience literally when I'm typing.  You think I give a fuck about paragraphs?  

Serious question---you and the Mrs. are in Texas in late September...lemme know.  Ransom Center deal with DeNiro and some other folks.  You can drink my share...hope all is well on your end.

Intredasting | Meme Generator

Same reason you cannot shut the fuck up about posts.  Because deep down inside, your ability to bring up old shit over and over again is worthy of making someone a very fine, fine wife.  I'm guilty of the same but alas, I cannot marry myself.  But keep up the whining, your parents must be very proud.  

Honestly though, if you're interested and keep bringing up old shit on the date like a true spouse...I need a +1 the Friday night before Alabama game.  Should be a nice affair and you can feel special.  

Just ban me, or ignore me.  There is literally nothing stopping you except your own clitoris.

10 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Oh, is that how it works? Well then, I demand Sally Hudspeth finish that hand job she started but never completed back in 10th grade. I also demand that Wells Fargo forgive my mortgage and refund everything I've already paid immediately.

While we are at it, I also declare bankruptcy.

4 hours ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Unfortunately, I doubt Trump likes salmon mousse.

"Wait, I didn't eat the salmon mousse."

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

4 Ways to Pick the Perfect GIF Every Time – One Country

You should try a different message board. You seem to take everything too personal.

A wise man once said.dc8b4617262eafa1782dd11e8dfa62f5.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 2

Same reason you cannot shut the fuck up about posts.  Because deep down inside, your ability to bring up old shit over and over again is worthy of making someone a very fine, fine wife.  I'm guilty of the same but alas, I cannot marry myself.  But keep up the whining, your parents must be very proud.  
Honestly though, if you're interested and keep bringing up old shit on the date like a true spouse...I need a +1 the Friday night before Alabama game.  Should be a nice affair and you can feel special.  

Just ban me, or ignore me.  There is literally nothing stopping you except your own clitoris.
Seriously. Let. It. Go.

You come off as a huge pussy with your whining.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Passed along an invite to a writer/film dinner to some folks who appreciate writer/film events.  How bizarre.  

That's what the DM function is made for.  You do that in private so you don't come off as an attention whore.

Just now, Pig Bellmont said:

I’m sure that’s nothing 

J6 can't compel it, but the DoJ probably can.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement