A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

10/30?  Shit, I better get working on my hooking up with Halle Berry. 

I'll cut you.

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

So this is a real tweet thing:

image.png.54c5dc7ee3146c939c93a519e15cbac6.png

Seems to me that someone who is openly hostile to the FBI maybe shouldn't be allowed to run for president.  But I am just a simple caveman.

• Drool 1

7 minutes ago, Underdog said:

10/30?  Shit, I better get working on my hooking up with Halle Berry. 

Is there a running list online somewhere that has been tracking all these dates they promise where Trump will be reinstalled as President, or we all get thrown in jail, or Biden is removed from office, or SCOTUS overturns the election, or this massive data dump of evidence about widespread voter fraud?  Not just the crazies like this guy and Lindell, but the MTG and Eric Trump's of the world?  It's gotta be a least a few dozen dates by this point?  Plus the requisite two weeks. 

Between all these days that will be "The most significant day in American history" and the Holy Days of Obligation at my wife's Catholic Church, I'll be lucky to make it any Longhorn games this year.  Thanks a lot Obama!  

36 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Two layperson's questions.

1. Is it clear that the privilege he's declaring is exclusively executive privilege? Might it be other legal documents?
  2. As executive privilege as I understand it was granted for decision making processes of a president, doesn't the fact of the decision makers having all been replaced by a new administration make that privilege moot?

1.  The original motion only referenced executive privilege.  See "Complaint," here. https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/64911367/1/trump-v-united-states/

The "supplemental motion" directed by the court does not add any privileges to the consideration, such as attorney-client.  See Supplement, item 28 at the above link.

2.  That's the argument made by the Archivist to Evan Corcoran on May 10. https://justthenews.com/government/courts-law/full-text-national-archives-letter-trump-classified-documents

But as it stands, that's just an argument, it's not conclusive.  I think it is the correct argument and I am happy to have Judge Cannon adopt it, instead of leaving it in the realm of he-said, she-said.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

1.  The original motion only referenced executive privilege.  See "Complaint," here. https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/64911367/1/trump-v-united-states/

The "supplemental motion" directed by the court does not add any privileges to the consideration, such as attorney-client.  See Supplement, item 28 at the above link.

2.  That's the argument made by the Archivist to Evan Corcoran on May 10. https://justthenews.com/government/courts-law/full-text-national-archives-letter-trump-classified-documents

But as it stands, that's just an argument, it's not conclusive.  I think it is the correct argument and I am happy to have Judge Cannon adopt it, instead of leaving it in the realm of he-said, she-said.

When would the privilege ever belong to a private citizen?

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

When would the privilege ever belong to a private citizen?

There is acknowledgement in all of this that under certain circumstances, a former President may have an interest in keeping executive privileged documents or testimony reflecting the deliberative process of the executive out of the hands of another branch of government, i.e. Congress, or from the public.  Trump didn't satisfy that burden in the case of the 1/6 materials after Biden and his OLC determined that privilege must yield to the Congressional need to investigate and the public interest in that investigation.  He made no showing of need or interest in that case, just said "it's privileged."

A private citizen other than a former President, never.  The privilege mostly exists not to protect the President in personam, but rather the office of the President.

This is where Trumpworld being very bad at doing the government comes back and bites them in the ass.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

There is acknowledgement in all of this that under certain circumstances, a former President may have an interest in keeping executive privileged documents or testimony reflecting the deliberative process of the executive out of the hands of another branch of government, i.e. Congress, or from the public.  Trump didn't satisfy that burden in the case of the 1/6 materials after Biden and his OLC determined that privilege must yield to the Congressional need to investigate and the public interest in that investigation.

That sends a message inconsistent with the idea that the presidency is an office and not a person.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, chainsaw said:

That sends a message inconsistent with the idea that the presidency is an office and not a person.

So did the dissolution of the lawsuits tiled against Trump as POTUS, imo. A clear determination that some acts, by POTUS, were unConstitutional would be beneficial for our Republic.

14 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Well it is an exception to the general rule that the privilege exists to protect the office, not the person.  But, all we know is that such an exception may exist.  We don't know what might trigger the exception.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Exactly like one of those end of the world religious cults. Funny how that works.

Was talking with a friend earlier and couldn't help ourselves.  The situation with Trump and the national security docs came up.  This guy was a Trumper when it suited him, but left after the insurrection/Biden inauguration.  I know he was just pandering to folks because of who he rubs up next to at work and his neighborhood/network.  Deep down no way he believed in Trump/MAGA.  

Anyway, I said I am hopeful that like every other cult...this one will come to an end.  History, even modern American history, is littered with things like this coming to an end one way or the other.  He wasn't as optimistic and reminded me that sometimes, even if the leader is gone, these things can endure far longer than anyone thought or hoped.  

Did I mention this was after mass, in the parking lot at my wife's Roman Catholic Church?  So yeah, creeped the fuck outta me and now I'm back on the ledge.  

Yeah, I still get brain fog especially towards the end of the week when my routine used to be started to crack open a bottle of wine.  Had a real pissy conversation with a friend in politics on Thursday and Friday and it set me off since he hinted he'd tell people about my recovery but under the bullshit guise of "to  help you create a network of folks you know with similar values, for support."  Yeah, first 60 days sober, the best thing for me is for a bunch of Cruz and Abbott staffers and fundraiser to know I'm trying to quit.  Already having enough nightmare fuel, thank you very much but he kept pressing (obviously for details, not 'cause he gives a shit).  He's just pissed 'cause I keep talking about Cruz to friends and donors and he ain't happy about it given his job title.    Didn't go boozing, but definitely got weird.  I don't give a shit about me, I get threatened all the time.  But I'm doing this for family, so in essence---he was threatening them and that didn't sit well.  95% of people in real life and on here that know (and it's not many) have been fantastic.  But some people just fucking help themselves, they contact me with some bullshit ruse of concern.  But it's about something else and they just see that I'm really vulnerable for the first time since they've known me and want to keep that information.   

But yeah, I'll tone down the saltiness on here.  I know some folks can talk about their shit on other threads/forums, I'm not there yet and don't care to be.  I quietly joined several weeks ago just to join that thread because of lurking on there for months and the conversations help and talked to several folks off-line/real-life.  

You know I'm looking for a discretion because I went almost 8 weeks without touching the Seinfeld thread.  So that's that, enough about my shit.  Back to fun topics like the fall of the Republic, more domestic violence-this time against librarians, and we are all apparently getting arrested on 30 October.  Somebody please come back and remind me of that so I don't relapse that day and get arrested and have enemies think "Hey, that crazy tiktok dude was right, they are arresting anti-Trumpers!"  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Not really cool to discuss off that thread where the rest of us hang out in a safe space.  But you guys do you.

Fair enough.  Been trying to keep you from getting piled on as a troll from a few recent posts that were…eccentric.  I’ve had my own struggles with alcohol, didn’t want to see you get negged into orbit for the wrong reason.  

People come in here all !!! and OH SHIT IT DO BE GOING DOWN regularly, or just stirring the pot.  With your low post count and recent join date you fit the profile.  Since I read the alcoholics thread was trying to let the CR assholes know it may be due to your struggles and not the garden variety dickheads.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, I still get brain fog especially towards the end of the week when my routine used to be started to crack open a bottle of wine.  Had a real pissy conversation with a friend in politics on Thursday and Friday and it set me off since he hinted he'd tell people about my recovery but under the bullshit guise of "to  help you create a network of folks you know with similar values, for support."  Yeah, first 60 days sober, the best thing for me is for a bunch of Cruz and Abbott staffers and fundraiser to know I'm trying to quit.  Already having enough nightmare fuel, thank you very much but he kept pressing (obviously for details, not 'cause he gives a shit).  He's just pissed 'cause I keep talking about Cruz to friends and donors and he ain't happy about it given his job title.    Didn't go boozing, but definitely got weird.  I don't give a shit about me, I get threatened all the time.  But I'm doing this for family, so in essence---he was threatening them and that didn't sit well.  95% of people in real life and on here that know (and it's not many) have been fantastic.  But some people just fucking help themselves, they contact me with some bullshit ruse of concern.  But it's about something else and they just see that I'm really vulnerable for the first time since they've known me and want to keep that information.   

But yeah, I'll tone down the saltiness on here.  I know some folks can talk about their shit on other threads/forums, I'm not there yet and don't care to be.  I quietly joined several weeks ago just to join that thread because of lurking on there for months and the conversations help and talked to several folks off-line/real-life.  

You know I'm looking for a discretion because I went almost 8 weeks without touching the Seinfeld thread.  So that's that, enough about my shit.  Back to fun topics like the fall of the Republic, more domestic violence-this time against librarians, and we are all apparently getting arrested on 30 October.  Somebody please come back and remind me of that so I don't relapse that day and get arrested and have enemies think "Hey, that crazy tiktok dude was right, they are arresting anti-Trumpers!"  

I don’t post on that thread, but be blessed in your journey towards recovery and finding joy and happiness. Keep co fronting the demon that is alcohol and never back down from it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

I’m a dickhead but nothing garden variety about me.  Appreciate it, again—-would like to keep all that shit over there and let y’all get back to bashing Trump which has become even more cathartic for me lately.  But going after Cruz had been the most fun. 

anyway, I don’t mind the neg rep, even a banning from all other threads but one.  The folks on the DT thread Have been a wonderful sounding board and point of accountability and have been another small tool in my toolbox.  

Plus it’s always funny to see what passes here and what doesnt.  
“fuck MAGA nation, they are all evil they have to die off or be exponged.  Burn in hell all of ‘em.  A cancer on us is what they are.  Lock em all up.  But nobody say nothing about trains, bridge too far.”   Im still getting a neg rep spree as we speak from a handle name that  literally sounds like a train sound.  Thats funny and helps me know I’m handling shit better.   Thanks again man, see y’all in the Seinfeld enabled Trump to gain fame conspiracy thread ;) 

Okay.  How about this, I’m asking nicely as hundreds of other longtime posters of this small community have done so before me.  I’d like to please keep my shit in that thread over there now that me and some nice folks I know a long time gave had a good chat.   And we keep politics over here.

or you got another hot take on stuff fuckface?   Be fucking cool and understanding for one in your goddamn post-Phish existence.  Leave it to you, figures.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 2

9 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Jesus Lobo shut the fuck up.  If you could just .....you know shut the fuck up a LOT of things would be better.  It was so nice not to have your walls of words around here for a few months.  Be fucking better.

Dude I don’t think veiled posts about “whatever you post on here about your shit in real life is totally fair game for broadcast” is a cool take.  We have all been respectful of people’s transitions, drug abuse, divorce, trauma, criminal history, etc.  and we all compartmentalize it out of respectful discretion.  But goddamn, I admire you.  

7 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Okay.  How about this, I’m asking nicely as hundreds of other longtime posters of this small community have done so before me.  I’d like to please keep my shit in that thread over there now that me and some nice folks I know a long time gave had a good chat.   And we keep politics over here.

or you got another hot take on stuff fuckface?   Be fucking cool and understanding for one in your goddamn post-Phish existence.  Leave it to you, figures.  

I’d really prefer it if you kept my comments about seeing Phish in those other threads.  😛

See how that works? NowThis accidentally posted something he probably didn’t want others to know about and he got roasted all over this site for it. I thought he should’ve just owned up to it. But at least he posted something accidentally. I don’t know what you posted on DT but if I wanted to know then I could go look it up. Everyone on the internet can see what you write here, there, and in every other public forum. I don’t know what you’re  trying to hide or why you’re trying to hide it but you’re not hiding it or keeping it in confidence or whatever you think you’re doing. I don’t know why you’d want to. I don’t really care, especially when you’re getting defensive and hostile and calling me a “fuckface” as though you’re a little child just because I’m telling you how message boards work.

If you try to make a stink about it, you might wind up driving traffic over there to see what you shared in public that you don’t want anyone outside of that thread to know about. Your best choice would’ve been to have said nothing, especially since the person referencing the other thread was offering a defense of you for coming to this forum and shitposting.

Netiquette requires you to keep private the things that are said in private. Public means public and if you don’t want everyone to know then don’t say it in public. That’s not my opinion, that’s just the way it is.

(Btw, did you know Pato del Muerto likes his bacon practically raw? Shhh...don’t tell anyone.)

36 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I’d really prefer it if you kept my comments about seeing Phish in those other threads.  😛

See how that works? NowThis accidentally posted something he probably didn’t want others to know about and he got roasted all over this site for it. I thought he should’ve just owned up to it. But at least he posted something accidentally. I don’t know what you posted on DT but if I wanted to know then I could go look it up. Everyone on the internet can see what you write here, there, and in every other public forum. I don’t know what you’re  trying to hide or why you’re trying to hide it but you’re not hiding it or keeping it in confidence or whatever you think you’re doing. I don’t know why you’d want to. I don’t really care, especially when you’re getting defensive and hostile and calling me a “fuckface” as though you’re a little child just because I’m telling you how message boards work.

If you try to make a stink about it, you might wind up driving traffic over there to see what you shared in public that you don’t want anyone outside of that thread to know about. Your best choice would’ve been to have said nothing, especially since the person referencing the other thread was offering a defense of you for coming to this forum and shitposting.

Netiquette requires you to keep private the things that are said in private. Public means public and if you don’t want everyone to know then don’t say it in public. That’s not my opinion, that’s just the way it is.

(Btw, did you know Pato del Muerto likes his bacon practically raw? Shhh...don’t tell anyone.)

Yeah cause those are all the same things in terms of public knowledge of another person physical disease.    I’m sure you’re swell in real life.  Or at least, I hope so.   

Edited by YGIFS

4 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

Thanks for all of the detailed explanations @TwiceHornIt is really cool of you to continue to do this for us. We all absolutely appreciate you taking the time to do it.

Glad you find it useful.  Many moons ago, for my second constitutional law class in law school (you have to take two), I took a course called Presidential Power taught by a guy named Hal Bruff, who was White House Counsel to Jimmy Carter.  I found myself enjoying that class as much or more than anything else I took in law school and it has been handy af for understanding a lot of things that have gone on during the Trump administration, and Bush v. Gore before that.  So it interests me.

https://lawweb.colorado.edu/profiles/profile.jsp?id=8\

https://www.amazon.com/Law-Presidential-Power-Cases-Materials/dp/0890893322

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

What you post in a public forum is public information. You don’t get to pick and choose what things you say in public can’t be shared elsewhere.

And you don’t have to be a dick even though it’s your right to be

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

Jesus Lobo shut the fuck up.  If you could just .....you know shut the fuck up a LOT of things would be better.  It was so nice not to have your walls of words around here for a few months.  Be fucking better.

This is where I'm at.  We all have our problems and I hope that you find a way to work through them.  BUT . . . if you're going to air your personal life on multiple threads you run the risk of antagonizing the wrong person.  I don't keep too close tabs on your goings on, but wasn't that the cause of a two day long update and a second life as "Guest Lobo" and all that drama?  

Just think about what you're typing in a public forum, that's all.  WhattheBuck is right, like it or not.  Don't put your own shit on blast.

• Hook 'Em 1

Gotcha.  We can totally go back to political talk when y'all get down from your high horses of deciding what can be rebroadcast.  WhattheBuck's thing was a weird take but we can finish anytime when you gals are done.  There's a whole, great big world out there.  

3 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

I have exactly one poster on ignore.  Three guesses, first two don’t count. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I have exactly one poster on ignore.  Three guesses, first two don’t count. 

"I find your entire belief system, fascinating."  /Krueger -or- K-UEGER

Seriously, nothing stopping this sewing circle of a half dozen folks from starting a thread somewhere else about this shit.  We could totally get back to the task at hand of politics.    

In that spirit, Adam Kinzinger mentioned his dilemma again.  He has some preliminary intel/evidence to suggest that part of the batshit insane attempt to see if the January 6th events could play out effectively was really just to buy time.  Nothing new there.  However, with the new FBI/DoJ discovery, the time buy wasn't necessarily to delay shit in the courts, recounts, cross fingers and hope for some semblance of voter fraud with which to sew doubt.  But that was the front.  The real panic to buy time was to trade whatever they could for whatever they could with certain parties at home and abroad.  The clock stopped so they literally picked up their "Ball" and went home.  Adam expresses a grave concern, because it's his turn to fall on the sword as Liz did publicly earlier this month.  Do they start to rapidly roll this new intel/info into their 1/6 Committee?  Too late to add such a titanic shift in mission statement, but this may be the reason there was a such a lunatic-led drive for something so desperate and so dangerous.  And maybe Trump wasn't even all that aware of it, maybe you just put the toddler in front of the TV while you sort shit out about how the next 30 days play out.  All that to say, there's not much talk about how the document removal from the White House and the attempt to punt and buy time may be more intertwined because the original playcall was to work out a deal from the White House before January 20th. 

There's a more marked connection there than I realized, but it would take months to shake out and also would further taint what is an honest, legal, and robust process by DoJ in the eyes of 35% of the country.  And so I'm hoping it flows the other way, The DoJ onboards a bunch of other shit from the 1/6 Committee thought to be previously excessive for the purposes of their televised hearings and roll that into who actually assisted Trump with the original grab attempt in January, the denial of requests subsequently from NARA and DNI.  And then who is literally on fucking videotape orchestrating 1/6 & distracting Trump on 1/6 or enabling him I guess.  and who are the same people from there literally walking around with bankers boxes filled with SCI docs, newspaper clippings where Trump looked less than 275#, and a sub shop card that needed one more punch before he got his Captain's hat.  

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement