Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

12 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I would love Pruitt as DC but I hope Sark is being careful with drawing too much NCAA attention. Davis and Pruitt would both be previous offenders and Banks (who I guess has never been busted for anything to my knowledge) surely isn't so clean himself.

CDC will put the NCAA in it's place if it ever sniffs TEXAS..  

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I asked my Tenn friend that follows this shit.   He said the rumor is Fat Phil leaked whatever the issues are to try to force Pruitt out without paying his buyout.  Who knows.  But it doesn't seem realistic Texas is going to hire Pruitt with all of that background noise.  

Clay Travis should have to pay the buyout

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

We sending Gideon back to Ole Miss? Still confused why Sark jumped on him so fast.

I think he's going to work under Joseph in the secondary if we're being honest. Joseph will be in charge of the entire secondary but focus on corners while Gideon coaching safeties. 

I think this leaves the door open for a guy like Lupoi in a co-dc capacity with a real defensive coordinator/lb coach.

We have a rain maker offensive recruiter now we need one for the defensive side.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

So what the fuck is Gideon doing?  Banks has ST's.  Joseph has safeties (presumably).  

I would guess Gideon's title will be ST coordinator, with Banks being TEs, potentially including a "Co-OC" title to justify coming over from Bama. Gideon can work with Joseph and the secondary and learn to be a real position coach for his next gig. 

5 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

lol - Sark 'crossed the line'.

Fuck Them Schitts Creek GIF by CBC 

also isn't this aggy/Rumlin's guy? Why are they acting like they created these coaches from scratch. 

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I mean Banks is pretty good but no one is going to acknowledge that we missed out on our #1 TE coach target, Corby Meekins?

Angry Black And White GIF

Edited by Bevo14

5 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

We sending Gideon back to Ole Miss? Still confused why Sark jumped on him so fast.

It was/is a no brainer. Gideon has shown he can coach all over the defense and ST, got tons of praise from other coaches and players.

Known to be a good recruiter, likely even better back in Texas AT Texas.

Son of a long time Texas high school coach.  Salary not huge.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, MonkeyDoughnut said:

It was/is a no brainer. Gideon has shown he can coach all over the defense and ST, got tons of praise from other coaches and players.

Known to be a good recruiter, likely even better back in Texas AT Texas.

Son of a long time Texas high school coach.  Salary not huge.

I hope you are right.

23 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:
Inside Texas has learned one of the top recruiters in the state of Texas over the last half decade will join Steve Sarkisian’s Texas staff.

Jeff Banks was previously at A&M. He’s been Alabama’s key man in Texas, and was a conduit directly from the talented 2022 class to Nick Saban and that hideous painting from the ‘09 National Championship he likes to take pictures of when he was a Texas prospect in his office.

Someone needs to get this guy a Texas outfit.

nO811SEjgMKD.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Aggy 247's best and brightest.

image.thumb.png.529658ed21290b6e3adda88288558d62.png

image.thumb.png.0c21fea0105b6360a14273b9d0cecc9b.png

I'm not gonna judge a guy just because he might've had a little trouble (according to them) selling a dogshit product at one point in his career.

Edited by Bevo14

Awesome news on Banks.

Re: Pruitt - take everything about any transgressions with a grain of salt IMHO.

Phil wants to be head coach again and has been stabbing everyone in the back since he got back to Knoxville. Dumbest thing they ever did was make him AD. He's burning the football program to the ground out of spite. 

• Hook 'Em 1