Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

3 hours ago, El Hornarino said:

Edit was at 7:04 UTC apparently.  Clicking through, the IP was from Knoxville (Verizon Wireless).

If that is true, then it came from the desk of this man, the most powerful agent in college football: Jimmy Sexton

(I believe he has a son that either attends Texas , or Texas is his favorite team)

How Reggie White gave super agent Jimmy Sexton his start - NFL

7 minutes ago, Machinator said:

The only thing worse than the AAS coverage of the program is the fact that the last page and a half of this thread has been dedicated to those blowhards.

And that their stuff is behind a paywall

2 minutes ago, Kurt Bowels said:

If that is true, then it came from the desk of this man, the most powerful agent in college football: Jimmy Sexton

(I believe he has a son that either attends Texas , or Texas is his favorite team)

How Reggie White gave super agent Jimmy Sexton his start - NFL

damn, it also appears Kyle Flood's agent is Jimmy Sexton

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, freyguy said:

You @iamamac, you gonna maintain an updated stickie (or stiffie) once the coaching hires start happening?

@immamac can we get a condensed sticky thread (like you’ve done in recruiting) for actual news?

edit: Too late just saw blacklab’s post

Edited by TKthunder2

6 minutes ago, CenTex Hill Billy said:

His son went to Ole Miss

His son is a huge Texas fan.

Jimmy Sexton is located in Tennessee. He's the most powerful college agent on the planet (as many here know).

Kyle Flood's agent is Jimmy Sexton

This deal is done. You can put Flood on the Texas books with Drayton.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, blacklab said:

Who has been officially fired?

Hand, Yancy? anyone else?

I don't know about "official," the strongest reporting so far is that Boulware, Hand, and Yancy are gone. You can probably pencil in Drayton as retained.

Edit: Hand tweeted out a goodbye message, so that's more or less official.

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Yep, when you consider that Odom is really the non-Muschamp/Saban name that's gotten any traction, it makes more sense that he's a Sexton guy.

Yep it does, throw that in with texas possibly additional leverage for others and it doesn’t hurt to have a name like Odom in the mix. More options isn’t a bad thing 

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

I don't know about "official," the strongest reporting so far is that Boulware, Hand, and Yancy are gone. You can probably pencil in Drayton as retained.

Edit: Hand tweeted out a goodbye message, so that's more or less official.

You can put Drayton in pen.  Bijan is the most important player on the roster right now.

11 minutes ago, Kurt Bowels said:

His son is a huge Texas fan.

Jimmy Sexton is located in Tennessee. He's the most powerful college agent on the planet (as many here know).

Kyle Flood's agent is Jimmy Sexton

This deal is done. You can put Flood on the Texas books with Drayton.

His oldest son went to Ole Miss. 2nd eldest was a golfer at UT. I believe he graduated in '20.

https://texassports.com/sports/mens-golf/roster/parker-sexton/7519

You're on to something.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Those are the only two...

The only two confirmed currently are AJ Millwee and Stan Drayton

Milwee isn't confirmed. Sounds like it's all done but the press release, so 99% of the way there.

Edited by texifornia

3 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Where was Milwee confirmed? Nothing is showing up on his twitter. I am not saying it isn't happening, just haven't seen it confirmed.

As far as I know neither has drayton. Both are just reportedly happening. 

3 hours ago, MoJames said:

Roster imo

Moderators - Blacklab or immamac

Rotating Research/Info guys - ctj, machinator, texifornia, katfid (only white guys)

Humor - thujone, RGBIII, Mitch

Neg Nancies - futureman and Satyanash

We could close the episodes with a remember when by Armybrat or what to drink by HenryJames

What am I missing?

No, no, no. Futureman should not be rewarded with any Surly-related airtime.

Why don’t you just let Dennison and Hugo on while you’re at it?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I'm confirming Kyle Flood. I would imagine Jimmy's son put that on wiki. He's a Texas alum and a huge football fan. He lefts some crumbs on some of the other Texas coaching searches in the past before the hires were made official. You aren't going to get a wiki edit saying Flood to Texas from an IP that matches the location of Jimmy Sexton, Flood's agent, unless it is the real deal. especially considering his son is a hug fan, likes to leave crumbs and is probably a member of this site. He's been a member of other Texas fan sites over the years.

• Hook 'Em 9

5 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Was just added as Arkansas State OC from what I can find....    This seems very meh as a hire to me

I don't think anyone on this board knew who the hell he was a week ago, but if Sark trusts him enough to help him call plays then I'm good with the hire personally