Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

i thought he wasn't bad when he wrote about scheme stuff years ago.

but he has expanded out of scheme into...everything...IT covers and it is very clear it's not his strong point. player evaluations? come on! doesn't he live in UP Michigan?

I'm not even convinced he's a real person. I think he may have been a ChatGPT prototype from years back. 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

If Swoopes had went to an actual functioning program, he would’ve been moved to TE a week after showing up on campus, and would have at least been decent there. But our QB situation was so dire that we kept him at a position he had no business playing in college.

He shouldn’t have been playing it in hs either

11 minutes ago, utfan87 said:

I can give a pass to a 2A high school. Not to a power 5 program that was still only 4 years removed from a national championship appearance.

Edited by Lonestar88

1 minute ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Zero accrued seasons means no pension. Need four accrued seasons to qualify.

thought it was down to three now?

btw where are you getting accrued seasons stat? wanted it for something a while back but couldn't find a good resource.

looking deeper at OTC and some other places you are probably right in that he didn't have the full amount + earned like 500k and change evidently vs the million from spotrac

4 minutes ago, utfan87 said:

I remember the vehement defenses of Brown ignoring JT Barrett while zeroing in on Swoopes for the 2013 class. Jeff Howe, who I like, actually wrote a fucking article defending the pursuit of Swoopes over Barrett by comparing Swoopes to VY. I went apeshit on him on 247 and the minions were bawling and calling me a meanie.

Similar shit happened on Shaggy, so when the season started, I created a thread comparing their senior HS season results. Swoopes' numbers were fucking comedic. I'd post the results seriously and offer critiques of the opposing defenses as though I'd seen the games and defend Swoopes' honor as each 2A defense was described as a raging band of marauders. The shrieking about it from the defenders of Swoopes was almost as amusing as the thread interlopers who didn't realize I was being facetious and would take it all seriously. "I don't know how you can call 3-21 with 3 picks a valiant effort, man. It doesn't bode well against 2A talent, IMO. --HenryJames"

In some ways these days, I wish this forum had more ignorant idiots. Maybe I should do some football board recruiting ...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Zero accrued seasons means no pension. Need four accrued seasons to qualify.

1 minute ago, NoName said:

btw where are you getting accrued seasons stat? wanted it for something a while back but couldn't find a good resource.

looking deeper at OTC and some other places you are probably right in that he didn't have the full amount + earned like 500k and change evidently vs the million from spotrac

It's three. I know becuase I looked it up when this conversation started, because I also thought it was 4, but they changed it to 3 at some point. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Would a gay bear like drop an aggressive buttfuck on him and then eat him? Rough way to go for most.

I am not sure EJ would notice. He seems like a an extremely obtuse fart sniffer.

Anyone who dresses like that lives on his own planet.

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I remember the vehement defenses of Brown ignoring JT Barrett while zeroing in on Swoopes for the 2013 class. Jeff Howe, who I like, actually wrote a fucking article defending the pursuit of Swoopes over Barrett by comparing Swoopes to VY. I went apeshit on him on 247 and the minions were bawling and calling me a meanie.

Similar shit happened on Shaggy, so when the season started, I created a thread comparing their senior HS season results. Swoopes' numbers were fucking comedic. I'd post the results seriously and offer critiques of the opposing defenses as though I'd seen the games and defend Swoopes' honor as each 2A defense was described as a raging band of marauders. The shrieking about it from the defenders of Swoopes was almost as amusing as the thread interlopers who didn't realize I was being facetious and would take it all seriously. "I don't know how you can call 3-21 with 3 picks a valiant effort, man. It doesn't bode well against 2A talent, IMO. --HenryJames"

In some ways these days, I wish this forum had more ignorant idiots. Maybe I should do some football board recruiting ...

Well, you are a meanie, but that doesn't mean you are wrong.

24 minutes ago, NoName said:

It’s tied to games active, and none of his totals were high enough to accrue (although thinking about it, it may have been four and not six, but it’s been a while since I looked at that stuff). Just knew he was under based on the posted stats. He could also have gotten an injury settlement that would give him an accrued season dependent on the wording, but again, I didn’t look at it closely enough because it seemed pretty clear from what was posted that he hadn’t met the threshold, which I erroneously was still thinking was four seasons.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Getafix said:

Hank South (Horns 247) wrote an "article" on the Wiltfong CB of Wingo to Texas. 

In that, he proclaimed "The Crystal Ball now reads 100 percent in favor of Texas."

Yay! Woo hoo!!! 

image.png.b9632e08f05cc66f20c562ddd510f0bb.png

Come On Reaction GIF

lol. Reminds me of how for years and years the 247 CB always said "A&M" for every top recruit in Texas because Perroni would CB them as soon as A&M offered. 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, IDIOTsavant said:

It’s tied to games active, and none of his totals were high enough to accrue (although thinking about it, it may have been four and not six, but it’s been a while since I looked at that stuff). Just knew he was under based on the posted stats. He could also have gotten an injury settlement that would give him an accrued season dependent on the wording, but again, I didn’t look at it closely enough because it seemed pretty clear from what was posted that he hadn’t met the threshold, which I erroneously was still thinking was four seasons.

thank you!

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Its been hours since our last commitment what are we even doing?

With a commitment yesterday and if we get another one today, I am really worried about our numbers if we take players at that same rate through December.

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls