Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Gerry said on the Live that he believe Blocton commits to Auburn tomorrow.

He made it sound like we have Robinson, Jackson and Lindsey all higher on the board than Blocton, so wonder if they told him no thanks while waiting on those 3 (and Hills).

So if Blocton does commit to them our DT board looks like this

Alex January - Committed
McKinley - Spot no matter what
TJ Lindsey
D'Antre Robinson
Jayden Jackson
Melvin Hills Jr

I wonder if Texas got positive feedback on Lindsey/Jackson and the late shift is Blocton kind of being put on back burner?

Edited by BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

So if Blocton does commit to them our DT board looks like this

Alex January - Committed
McKinley - Spot no matter what
TJ Lindsey
Jayden Jackson
D'Antre Robinson

I wonder if Texas got positive feedback on Lindsey/Jackson and the late shift is Blocton kind of being put on back burner?

Seems like Hills is a take so it’s get him and Janurary, grab Robinson, split the IMG guys, and shoot for McKinley late 

7 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Seems like Hills is a take so it’s get him and Janurary, grab Robinson, split the IMG guys, and shoot for McKinley late 

With McKinley being a take no matter what I could see a play for all those guys and if Mckinley does decide Texas you may lose one of those guys but that is a good trade off IMO. 

5 in the hand is worth more than 4 in hand with 1 in the bush so to say.

This would be a really good DT class if we don't land McKinley:

image.png.e5449846bf8989c26c52da88d9680493.png

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

We got a source off.  Sam Spiegelman has long had his Gipson pick on Texas and has never wavered and continues to say he still likes Texas.  I believe he even increased his percentage on it.

A lot of time between now and the 22nd.....We all know Roach won't change that until Gipson is signing his LOI.

42 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Gerry made a comment on IT a bit ago that they don’t want to do anything to hurt their chances with Lindsey and that might come into play for Blocton 

This would make sense then. Blocton was going to spurn Auburn a week ago. 

37 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Sounds like Lindsey is the guy that could decommit if they landed 5

More likely Robinson, allegedly. Could be anyone, but if they have 5 and got McKinley in late, I would bet on Robinson to cut bait. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Mason Ramsey said:

He made it sound like we have Robinson, Jackson and Lindsey all higher on the board than Blocton, so wonder if they told him no thanks while waiting on those 3 (and Hills).

Yeah, he said that we were not going to endanger the Lindsey recruitment with Blocton. So I guess that tells you where he was on the pecking order and how they currently feel about Lindsey. Don't forget Hills is still floating out there as well. Landing 3-4 of that bunch would be gruntling. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Nyier Daniels to Georgia. Guess they’re buying up all the OTs.

I'm kind of okay with that. Some of those guys are going to start looking around. And we will already know the dollar figure needed. Baker to me is the must have recruit on the OL. We just need 1 in addition to him to round out the class.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Nyier Daniels to Georgia. Guess they’re buying up all the OTs.

Guess they like the recruit all tackles and develop into guards method because they seem to take 3-4 OT’s every year.

That or they just expect 1-2 of them to portal after 2 years, which is probably not a bad strategy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

In his latest Whiparound, WIltfong talked about the Aggie pool party and being in on a bunch of top recruits (attendees likely to be McKinley, Bussey, Wingo, etc.).  Gag.

He did reiterate that he liked Texas for Wingo (Sark, development and history with receivers, etc.).  He said Wingo will be visiting Tenn, Miami, Aggies, etc. so far from a done deal.

51 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Annoying we couldn't make inroads with him but oh well

I’m coming to Houston in the next few days to see my Oak Ridge buddy. I’m interested to hear from him about why Texas couldn’t connect with these guys. 

43 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

This “best recruiting weekend ever” that we had a few weeks ago has yet to materialize into anything special.

*whispers* dude, pull your skirt down, your vagina is showing. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls