Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

2 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

The fact that we have a DL on the roster right now that can't gain enough weight play DL is hilarious.  His only job should be to eat. 

Remember when TH got rid of a number of DL because he said they were too fat and way out of shape?

8 minutes ago, Mr. Drummond said:

If a recruit chooses not to decide, he still has made a choice.   But even if he changes his mind, changes aren't permanent, but change is.

You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill
I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose Freewil

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Haven't had a moment to breathe at work today. I'm jumping in on page 148. I assume by the time I get to 151 I will be in a much better mood and it wont just be 3 pages of bickering

Same, but I'm good either way. The random bits of pointless asshattery are the seasoning of the surly experience. 

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1

Wow, I apparently missed a lot this morning, a lot of arguing. 

I’ve been damn near tickled to death with our recruiting in the last two years. Sydir Mitchell was a game changing recruit for Texas at DLine, a man with NFL size and strong ability. 

Yes Texas has taken some undersized guys along the D line, but NIL was/is an earthquake change that could have gone south for Texas, but so far has been great for the Program. It takes some time to overcome an under-the-table payments system that’s been in place for decades. 

The offense has been quicker to benefit, obviously because of Sark’s offensive reputation.

Chill out people, things are looking up.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Seems like a random time for him to post this. Or does he do it for every school he’s considering?

Texas probably sent him the edit. And he posted it.  Yeah fishing for likes and followers. 

But texas cant post them. So they send the. To the kids.  And they post. Im sure it is paced on the Texas side 

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Mr. Drummond said:

If a recruit chooses not to decide, he still has made a choice.  

He can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill, he will choose a path that's clear, he will choose Freewill

4 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

That's my point...ancient history.  Was thrown off by "just took" 

I mean, it was literally in this calendar year, and he hasn't played a snap for us other than the spring game. How else would you categorize him? Did we not just take Anthony Hill as well?

Just now, Davis Lane said:

Surly time does not fuck around.

Faster than the speed of light.

Teddy Lehman is going to slap you upside the head. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, it was literally in this calendar year, and he hasn't played a snap for us other than the spring game. How else would you categorize him? Did we not just take Anthony Hill as well?

Teddy Lehman is going to slap you upside the head. 

Floyd Mayweather Boxing GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

54 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

At the risk of "trusting the coaches" maybe you should just get in the motherfucker

I am trusting the coaches. I see the same thing. Texas has the potential of going into the SEC with Mitchell, Trill, and Bryant as the DT rotation. Hopefully Bledsoe puts on weight and can be helpful. That is not very comforting for fans or the coaches. There is a reason Bo is looking for at least 4 DTs in this class. Its the same reason Bobby and Gerry have said Texas needs SEC ready bodies at DT in this Class, but DT recruiting hasnt been an issue. 

Edited by Codaxx

3 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I am trusting the coaches. I see the same thing. Texas has the potential of going into the SEC with Mitchell, Trill, and Bryant as the DT rotation. Hopefully Bledsoe puts on weight and can be helpful. That is not very comforting for fans or the coaches. There is a reason they are looking for at least 4 DTs in this class. They need bodies, but DT recruiting hasnt been an issue. 

Did Murphy declare for the NFL draft already?

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Also, for anyone complaining about the content of this thread this morning, well, I am willing to offer you an alternative option to what inevitably will be the biggest page turner since Moby Dick, Wuthering Heights, or maybe some class assigned tome on Organic Chemistry or Non-Creative Accounting:

image.png.d214f483b97ed4df16e7927af693881e.png

I'm sure there are more painful things in this world than reading about Ian Boyd dissecting the heights and weights of a bunch of 18-22 year old men, but I have to tell you, it's going to be a challenge. Maybe the Tex Pete/Codaxx kazoo thing someone else mentioned earlier. 

Dont Put That Evil On Me Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

28 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Did Murphy declare for the NFL draft already?

At the risk of extending the stupidity from this morning, you should assume this will be Murphy’s last year…and that is a GREAT thing for Texas because it means he crushed it on the field.

One of the former players could not say enough good things about Murphy.  Great work ethic, great teammate, doesn’t blow off the student portion of student athlete, and most importantly he’s talented.  He’s not leaving to be a 7th round pick just because he’s draft eligible and is tired of playing school.  When he leaves it’s going to be after a great season when he has a fourth round + draft grade.  Stop hand wringing because the portal still exists and Texas had an upward trajectory even with an 8 win season.

That’s my limited info and analysis.  So most likely this will be a freezing cold take in 5 months.

• Hook 'Em 6

6 hours ago, Codaxx said:

I never commented on Bo's coaching and development or he said he is failure. I simply said DT has arguably been the worst recruited position on the team in the Sarkisian era and the fact that staff is taking an out-sized class and a portal player confirms that. 

Apologies for starting this and then abandoning you to take up the torch. I haven't had time to read through all the no doubt erudite back and forth over the last few pages, but to be clear the bolded is all I intended with my original post (and I was not intending to capture Edge players). If someone wants to argue that doesn't equate to "borderline dumpster fire", fine, choose a different descriptor. I think the results are overall not great - regardless of the reason - and I hope it improves or I believe we'll have an average at best interior defensive line in 2024/2025. As you say the coaches obviously recognize the dearth of talent and are doing what they can to address it. And for fuck's sake I hope Sidney finds his Ritalin before he reads this post.  

• Hook 'Em 1

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls