Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

4 minutes ago, BERT said:

Is there a timeframe for CB’s to be in so that it counts? 

also, what kind of get does Simmons compare to for EDGE? Orakpo/Kindle/Redding?

I'd say Kindle, in terms of rankings. His frame resembles freshman Orakpo to me, though.

But I did not stay at a holiday inn last night...

16 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Wiltfong gonna' wait til' thr last minute to change his pick?

13 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Usually mid-morning for his last minute flips. Give it until 10AM CT

Ketch (yes I know) made an interesting point that he thinks Fong will not change his pick as a condition to 247 getting exclusive access to air the commitment. Seems logical.

Just now, closetojumping said:

Mike Farrell is on XM84 right now with Childers and Neuheisel and just flat out declared that Arch Manning is having a terrible camp and is considering the transfer portal. That guy and fucking Ketchum need to have their fat asses whipped. 

Mike Farrell/Geoff Ketchum vs closetojumping/SydneyCarton in a no holds barred tag team match when?

Childers and Neuheisel are the worst on 84, they always seek people that support their opinions which are usually wrong.

I still laugh at their call before the TCU/Texas game in 2018. Texas was coming of a big win against USC and TCU was coming off a close loss to Ohio State, and those two geniuses proceeded to claim that Texas didn't have the team speed to compete with TCU. That after watching both games, they both came away thinking that they were watching two different levels of football. Texas then proceeded to beat the crap out of TCU outscoring them 21-3 in the 2nd half.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Mike Farrell is on XM84 right now with Childers and Neuheisel and just flat out declared that Arch Manning is having a terrible camp and is considering the transfer portal. That guy and fucking Ketchum need to have their fat asses whipped. 

That is funny. Gerry was just saying (Monday or Tuesday) that he was hearing Arch was looking really good distributing the ball. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, The Deuce said:

BAD46808-275B-452B-B6A6-CB712AE1B43C.thumb.jpeg.07d4a5ddf977068d86670708bfa01da9.jpeg

We'll see, but true to my word, I said if I didn't hear enough positivity to move my pick, I would.

Of course. If you don’t hear enough to do something, you always do it. 

If it's wrong, it'll just make the behind the scenes that much more interesting as we share it.

If we do not know what we’re talking about, imagine how interesting it will be when we explain everything that we were wrong about.

• Haha 8

28 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'm not going to give that guy clicks by linking it, but he LITERALLY got this from a screenshot of an OB post on MBG that was positing Arch is overrated. Farrell literally commented on it this morning. 

MBG is a twitter account that screenshots hawt takes from fan sites for public ridicule. He's worse than a caricature at this point. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Someone needs to help me understand why anyone in the industry talks to Mike Farrell. He literally can't get gainful employment anywhere in the recruiting industry, and hasn't for awhile, which is why he started his own janky website. Even his fucking kids won't talk to him, why the fuck would anyone else ask his opinion on literally anything unless it's the best brand of cheap pizza rolls, Hill Country Fare or Totino's.

14 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

That is funny. Gerry was just saying (Monday or Tuesday) that he was hearing Arch was looking really good distributing the ball. 

That's because Gerry actually attends practice and knows people.

In related news, does anyone have the story on what that fat motherfucker hates Texas so much?

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I'm not going to give that guy clicks by linking it, but he LITERALLY got this from a screenshot of an OB post on MBG that was positing Arch is overrated. Farrell literally commented on it this morning. 

MBG is a twitter account that screenshots hawt takes from fan sites for public ridicule. He's worse than a caricature at this point. 

image.thumb.png.a028a96c8653cd2299cf142d7843fd09.png

• Haha 8

Did you know that scientists aren't 100% sure what Smilodons (sabertooth tigers) used their teeth for?

Having saberteeth wouldn’t be of much benefit without a jaw able to open extraordinarily wide. That's why many sabercats also have modified lower jaw joints that allowed the jaws to swing open to clear those fangs, Tseng says. And looking beyond the skull and neck, Smilodon also had exceptionally muscular arms. Taken together, says Des Moines University paleontologist Julie Meachen, it's likely that “Smilodon used its very muscular neck and forearms to assist in the kill bite.”

Keeping prey pinned down was critical to the process. Compared to today’s lions and tigers, Tseng says, “the thin sabers suggest that, whatever the killing behavior, it was more important for Smilodon to keep the prey immobilized long enough to use the sabers so they don’t bend sideways in the direction of weakness.” This risk isn’t just theoretical: Rare specimens of Smilodon from the La Brea asphalt and other sites bear broken fangs.

Envisioning how Smilodon killed the horses and camels of its time, then, is not just about the bite. Smilodon didn't have the proportions of a fast-running cat, Meachen says, meaning that the beast “probably would stalk its prey from a hidden position, then leap out at prey and knock it off balance using its weight.” The arms came into play at this moment, grappling and pinning the victim as the cat got ready to inflict the fatal blow.

Here, however, we hit a freeze frame; there's still some uncertainty about how Smilodon would have best employed its teeth. “Either Smilodon would rip out the prey’s throat,” Meachen says, “or it would make a precise killing bite, severing the carotid artery and then it would remove its teeth and start eating.” Either way, it would have been a huge mess.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/how-did-sabercats-use-their-fangs-180962604/

saber-tooth-tiger-walking-with-beasts.gi

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

That jackass is on their show every week and never says 1 damn thing positive about Texas. 

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls