Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

31 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

No, fucking stop it. Next person to say stupid shit like this is getting negged. How have yall not learned yet

Major Facts

You mean like when we all tuned into Gerry Hamilton holding up a motorola razr two weeks ago watching Colin Simmons announce?

Yes, thank you.  I'm on IT and the posters there are whining about Aggie bags and I'd expect OB is even worse.  Sometimes we just get beat, take the loss. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I know Austinites don't always see it, but that same attraction which is a big selling point to a lot of people is also a negative to a lot of other people. There is something about being to park your car easily anywhere in the city, not fighting traffic and congestion everywhere that can be appealing.  It's not a coincidence this gets brought up more often from guys coming from smaller towns.

This is true.  

I think the two biggest fallacies about recruiting are the town the school is in and the HS coaches influence on where the players end up.

Both are true in some cases,  but for the most part neither are the deciding factor.  

23 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

This is true.  

I think the two biggest fallacies about recruiting are the town the school is in and the HS coaches influence on where the players end up.

Both are true in some cases,  but for the most part neither are the deciding factor.  

Bingo. Bama, Oklahoma, and Ohio State have decades of successful football in their histories. Clearly location isn't as big a deal as those of us from, or familiar with Austin wish it was. 

36 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

This is true.  

There were at least two negative news stories about Austin in the past two weeks. I suspect they were used against us in this case.

8 minutes ago, TriStone said:

Folklore out of TAMU on this recruitment has Sark making a "last minute plea" and a "seven-figure NIL offer" but he STILL turned us down for mighty aggy.  What can Sark do in the face of such power?

Lol, he probably did the "last minute plea". It's known in other retellings as "recruiting."

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

Would like to see the game tonight to compare Hills and McKinley on the field.  I know for the longest time on Tigerdroppings posters who have seen each live think Hills is the better player.

Hills has a lower ceiling, but there's no doubt he likes football. If McKinley gets motivated, though, hoo boy.

• Haha 1

I see a haboob has blown through this thread and blasted sand into a bunch of pussies. 
talking eric cartman GIF by South Park

let’s circle back with these guys after what is hopefully our best season in a decade+ and see what happens. That being said, I trust this staff to pull high quality talent even late in the game/cycle. 

also fuck aggy, and everything they represent until the end of time. 

23 minutes ago, Tx74 said:

There were at least two negative news stories about Austin in the past two weeks. I suspect they were used against us in this case.

I guess the move as a coach is to point out to a blue chip recruit that he’ll probably be playing in the NFL soon and last time I checked those teams are based in cities with tons of people, traffic, quality pussy and many other opportunities and aren’t based in podunk shitholes. Except Jacksonville 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

I guess the move as a coach is to point out to a blue chip recruit that he’ll probably be playing in the NFL soon and last time I checked those teams are based in cities with tons of people, traffic, quality pussy and many other opportunities and aren’t based in podunk shitholes. Except Jacksonville 

And Green Bay. Does he like very very cold weather?

22 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

Green Bay, sir

15 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Well so much for IT setting the over and under on 5* at 3.5. They drank too much kool-aid from the coaches after the June visits. Still let’s see how next weeks games go for both Texas schools. Florida could be giving one back if they keep playing like they did last night.

There is still a realistic pathway to 4. Maybe not as realistic as a few months ago but still possible. Simmons in the boat with Baker, Wingo and Black still uncomitted. Doesn’t even factor in a potential flip candidate or two.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

This is getting old.  What can be done to improve the computer science department so it doesn't keep costing us recruits?  

fuck off with the jokes.  DL wins football games and sark can’t fucking get them in the boat.  the program has sucked for 13 years and we can’t recruit DL.  aggy is bringing in 5-stars through a revolving door.  simmons is great but this shit is fucking ridiculous.  the only good that will come from it is that sark’s non-closing mediocre ass will be gone soon enough and urban meyer will be the one to come in and finally win us a couple championships.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 4

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls