Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

Bad timing for Mizzou to actually look like a relevant program.  Would certainly rather him go there than a traditional power.

while not perfect, Kford has them as projected underdogs to UGA, Tenn and Arkansas, 5 point favs vs South Carolina and 3.5 favorites vs Florida

image.thumb.png.5736cdd23d84e63faa34b21ee6885d27.png

You can't get paid until you actually sign I thought, as in December at earliest?

I thought the way this law was written it allowed them to collect prior to signing day. I could easily be wrong though. I do know that it allows way more involvement from the staff and school officials in negotiating deals.
  • Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, kwood4408 said:

I thought the way this law was written it allowed them to collect prior to signing day. I could easily be wrong though. I do know that it allows way more involvement from the staff and school officials in negotiating deals.

Believe it is signing financial aid paperwork, which is non-binding and can sign at anytime? Burden putting up video game numbers won this recruitment. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Money talks 

1 hour ago, sith_horn said:

Bad timing for Texas to shit the bed against OU. Perhaps we'll never know whether that tipped the scales, but it surely didn't help.

What tipped the scales was Missouri eventually coming back and telling the family that they will match any NIL offer. All things equal, the player wants to be close to home and is buying into the "keep'em in state!" mantra that Drinkwitz is espousing.

• Hook 'Em 1

Bad timing for Mizzou to actually look like a relevant program.  Would certainly rather him go there than a traditional power.

I can’t believe they look like it because when I saw the coaching malpractice against Kansas state and getting a delay penalty, I would’ve thought they lost more games. Shades of strong

15 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Well fuck I wanted a Wingo. I did. This one really sucks. Could have been a huge piece 

True, but I'm fairly sure Texas will be able to gather some proven WR pieces from the portal with so much production at WR heading to the draft after this season. This isn't all that concerning to me.

I hope the portal/NIL has changed things significantly for Texas at the wr position. Because for years people have said stuff like, “Receivers are a dime a dozen in this state,” and “Not worried at all about pass catchers”. 

And then when a real receiver finally shows up it’s like a complete revelation.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

True, but I'm fairly sure Texas will be able to gather some proven WR pieces from the portal with so much production at WR heading to the draft after this season. This isn't all that concerning to me.

I sure hope so. We'll have practically zero experience if everybody splits. Unless you count Cain.

47 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

We took Wingo for granted.

I think you meant granite, like his commitment to us was set in stone.

So if I can be so candid, we thought we had him landed, but we didn't pay what he commanded, sure he left us stranded, Sark's search will be expanded, and we will accept what we will be handed.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

You can never take a silent from an out-of-state recruit for granted. If he was 100% convinced, he would have announced it publicly or would have set an announcement date soon after.

Silents are just temporary placeholders until they make their final decision. Mizzou and Luther doing well didn't help. Can't really blame him for wanting to stay close to home given the circumstances.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

23 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

You can never take a silent from an out-of-state recruit for granted. If he was 100% convinced, he would have announced it publicly or would have set an announcement date soon after.

Silents are just temporary placeholders until they make their final decision. Mizzou and Luther doing well didn't help. Can't really blame him for wanting to stay close to home given the circumstances.

nathan fillion castle GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

37 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

image.gif.9c95a250224dbc1db53b54121b65d9d0.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

image.gif.87e01a92ba632502991d97c82fdc6ee6.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

tenor.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Seems like you did, for sure. 

He's a high value out of state prospect with plenty of reasons to stay home. We did a better job than anyone else at giving ourselves a 50/50 shot, but this was never a sure thing except to the 'we gettin' errrbody' crowd.

Glass half full - recruiting ain't over yet.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, theorangeblood said:

He's a high value out of state prospect with plenty of reasons to stay home. We did a better job than anyone else at giving ourselves a 50/50 shot, but this was never a sure thing except to the 'we gettin' errrbody' crowd.

First, check your meter 

second, I’d have pegged this for a Nahlin sock until the last sentence. 

1 hour ago, theorangeblood said:

Smart Guy GIF - Smart Guy GIFs

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Don't tase me bro ...but

Anwar and Ketch are saying that Hudson might be back in play from their 2 different sources

I'd rather tase you.

Hudson seems to like a little attention. He's no Javonne Shepard, but people haven't been talking about him for too long.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Don't tase me bro ...but

Anwar and Ketch are saying that Hudson might be back in play from their 2 different sources

ARE YOU MAILBOX?

honestly, when it comes to dudes with recruiting connections those may be the 2 guys i trust least in the market

55 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Bleed those double eagle pricks dry

I was at an industry event about a month ago where Cody Campbell spoke.  At the end, they opened up for questions.  Only 1 question was asked "What do you think of Tech football this year?"  He laughed and said "Best 1-3 team in the nation".  Seems like a good guy. 

15 minutes ago, Creasy Bear said:

I was at an industry event about a month ago where Cody Campbell spoke.  At the end, they opened up for questions.  Only 1 question was asked "What do you think of Tech football this year?"  He laughed and said "Best 1-3 team in the nation".  Seems like a good guy. 

i have massive respect for those guys doing what basically nobody else is doing at other Texas schools and stepping all the way up NIL wise to pay for a huge % of his schools NIL

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 3