Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I wonder why Texas is having difficulty getting another top DL into the class. They have Davis, an Outland Trophy Winner, and clear development in Sweat and Murphy. 

Eh, our DL haul is vastly underrated IMO.  January is a monster on the field in games.  Maybe he doesn't do camps, but go back and watch the state game against North Shore last year, he was blowing up double teams and all in the backfield.  Hills and Robinson had big Sr seasons on the field.  Same with Hibbler if we can flip him.

In the 25' class we are looking pretty good for 4* DT from Lufkin, Zion Williams.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Eh, our DL haul is vastly underrated IMO.  January is a monster on the field in games.  Maybe he doesn't do camps, but go back and watch the state game against North Shore last year, he was blowing up double teams and all in the backfield.  Hills and Robinson had big Sr seasons on the field.  Same with Hibbler if we can flip him.

In the 25' class we are looking pretty good for 4* DT from Lufkin, Zion Williams.

Heard he is good at basketball but needs to lose weight.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Strange to me that nobody on the Texas side has said anything about smith- that I’ve seen on this thread.  I’m always wondering who is scheduling visits to Texas to siphon some more money from them. 

The less our current group of 9.95ers knows the better. They tend to run with things before they should be. Of course this is an aggy attempt to get the checkbooks out and then they have a win over Texas for Elko? Is that how this works?

Edited by Dondrysdale1
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Just now, Dondrysdale1 said:

The less our current group of 9.95ers knows the better. They tend to run with things before they should be.

I know. That’s why I tend to assume that if something isn’t said, it’s not because the group is collectively holding their tongues.  They don’t know or it isn’t true. 

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Strange to me that nobody on the Texas side has said anything about smith- that I’ve seen on this thread.  I’m always wondering who is scheduling visits to Texas to siphon some more money from them. 

Nahlin (IT) just put out a post - admitted that they thought this was all but over and that Smith was firm in his commitment to aggy. They’re working to confirm the visit but sees no reason to doubt TexAgs report.  Texas coaches were incredibly quiet about any communication with Smith. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Jimbo was a disaster but the man can recruit. I think aggys are finding that out now. 

Jimbo only got blown off the field 3 times and only to the best teams on the road: @#1 Bama 45-23 2018, @#2 LSU 50-7 2019, @#2 Bama 52-24 2020.

aggy can and will do a lot worse than Jimbo.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Nahlin (IT) just put out a post - admitted that they thought this was all but over and that Smith was firm in his commitment to aggy. They’re working to confirm the visit but sees no reason to doubt TexAgs report.  Texas coaches were incredibly quiet about any communication with Smith. 

Thanks Eric. 

• Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

This could easily be the oldest trick in the Texags mod book: tell the sheep that “Texas is pushing really hard”, and then sell it as a big win when the recruit stays put.
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

This could easily be the oldest trick in the Texags mod book: tell the sheep that “Texas is pushing really hard”, and then sell it as a big win when the recruit stays put.

That definitely seemed the case with Ivy. They were using very vague language. 

Don't think so here. They're pretty much admitting that Smith has already flipped. Maybe it's just complete bullshit but sure doesn't seem like it. 

• Hook 'Em 4