Joint Session of Congress to Count Electoral Votes and Declare Election Results: 1/6/21

Mrs Whiggins

Just now, Francisco 2.0 said:

Rudy, your 15 minutes was up long ago.

On the one hand, he's shown himself to be really fucking stupid.

On the other hand, he has way too many voicemail "accidents" that make me wonder if he's deliberately putting this out there, for whatever reason.

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The House is more conservative bc of gerrymandering. MTG or Boebert couldn’t win a senate seat, but they can easily win an R+15 house seat 

Yes, that was my point. The house reps are way easier to pressure because Trump has more sway in gerrymandered districts. If he tells an R+15 district not to vote for someone, they are toast. 

Just now, TXSG8R said:

Yes, that was my point. The house reps are way easier to pressure because Trump has more sway in gerrymandered districts. If he tells an R+15 district not to vote for someone, they are toast. 

Adults versus toddlers 

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Stilicho said:

It's not that he can't read the room.  He wants to be the heir apparent.  He wants Trump's army of dickbags as his own.  This is the motherfucker that everyone needs to keep an eye on.

32 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

McConnell may have gotten Hawley to back off.  Apparently, he got Cruz to agree to stop with Arizona.  

If Hawley does not agree, he REALLY doesn't know how to read a room.

Trump, Cruz, and Hawley have cost Mitch his majority.

Hawley and Cruz should be doing everything they can to please Mitch, because Mitch will still be around on January 21st, still running the GOP side of the Senate, while Donnie will be raging from Mar-a-Lago.

Hawley and Cruz though, have other priorities - they give no shits about the party or Congress, this is about 2024.  The Senate was a stepping stone for them, whereas for Turtle, it is what he always wanted, and they have fucked with it.

Be interesting to see what committees they end up on.

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

Would Cruz and Hawley even care about committee appointments?  All they would want is to get attention with clips of them badgering libs testifying before Congress.   It doesn’t matter what it’s for or whether they’re doing something prestigious or impactful.  Any committee will do.  They’d probably welcome not having real work or responsibility.

If they’re on shit committees they won’t be on TV where there is any kind of testimonials. 

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Would Cruz and Hawley even care about committee appointments?  All they would want is to get attention with clips of them badgering libs testifying before Congress.   It doesn’t matter what it’s for or whether they’re doing something prestigious or impactful.  Any committee will do.  They’d probably welcome not having real work or responsibility.

They are both on Judiciary which is the highest profile committee. Kamala Harris parlayed her Judiciary appointment into viral clips badgering Sessions/Barr/Kavanaugh into a 2020 presidential run and a VP slot. 

It matters. 

Edited by Js1

13 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

Laura Fucking Ingraham going on and on for her entire show about how "We don't know if it was Antifa."   "Antifa normalized this violence."  "Why didn't we see this outrage against Antifa?"

ring up one of these murdoch heads on sedition charges or sue her individually for defamation

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Well before today, it was like 140 House Rs who were going to vote against. They lost about 15% of their numbers after today’s coup attempt. 

That's a weird metric.  You can swing 15% of a Congressional vote based on a Capitol raid.  Good to know for my next O&G refinery bill.  I sure as shit know I get a few hundred oilmen to raid that place if I promise enough hookers, blow, and bail money.  Plus, didn't even look like that many people got arrested.  What a dangerous mathematical precedent. 

right now the R's are on about a 2:1 clip of yay's vs nay's. fuck every single one of them.

People don't realize how many morons can get elected to the House.

We had one in Sugar Land that was an exterminator. His name was Tom DeLay.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, freyguy said:

I want to stay up drinking until the Senate finishes the job, but I'm afraid of having a repeat of New Years Day with my head in the toilet....

CNN says they will object to PA and immediately yield to a vote. No talking allegedly 

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

just caught the end of what Pelosi was telling the floor. 11 D reps, 11 R reps, 11 D Sens and 11 R Sens are allowed into the joint session. Is it always that way or is that a resultant of today's failed coup?

They did it earlier also due to Covid-19 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

just caught the end of what Pelosi was telling the floor. 11 D reps, 11 R reps, 11 D Sens and 11 R Sens are allowed into the joint session. Is it always that way or is that a resultant of today's failed coup?

good god, I hope Qanon doesn't get ahold of that information.  11+11+11+11=44!  Oh shit, it's about the 44 previous presidents conspiring to put the 45th president into office for the second time!  AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

25 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

On the one hand, he's shown himself to be really fucking stupid.

On the other hand, he has way too many voicemail "accidents" that make me wonder if he's deliberately putting this out there, for whatever reason.

Bumbling around like Detective Columbo, except for Eeeevil?

25 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

anyone watching McCarthy speak? I'm watching on mute so I can see the count. he just got applause for something he said. is he grandstanding too?

He opposed certification. His caucus approves. 

14 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

People don't realize how many morons can get elected to the House.

We had one in Sugar Land that was an exterminator. His name was Tom DeLay.

Becoming an exterminator for people who settle in swampland sounds like a license to print money.

• immamac locked and unpinned this topic