Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

On 8/6/2021 at 7:33 PM, Fudge Nuggets said:

Fuck that judge.

All the judge can do is accept or reject a plea bargain.  He doesn't control the charges.  I'm sure like most of them, this defendant was charged only with misdemeanors. 

And hardly any federal judge is going to waste a jury and a week of trial time on a misdemeanor, where the maximum sentence is one year.

They will fucking run if shit gets real.  Too many of them are cosplayers who think it's a lark.
And if they run, the more hardcore militia types will bail as well, because they will no longer have their meat shields.
I don't think a lot of what we saw on January 6th from the more organized types (Proud Boys, etc.) would have happened if you didn't have a bunch of fucking LARPers running around inadvertently providing interference for them.

This. I’m pretty sure as soon as one of the lead dipshits lets out an “onward gents”, and immediately gets brained into pink mist from a Barrett .50, they’ll lose a whole lot of their go-get’em attitude.

41.  Lived with his parents.   

https://www.postandcourier.com/greenville/news/anderson-man-charged-in-january-us-capitol-riot-the-ninth-from-sc/article_09a31e3a-f9f0-11eb-8f24-7f6764675850.html

An Anderson man with ties to the military was arrested and arraigned Aug. 10 on charges related to the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.

Derek Cooper Gunby, 41, was charged with one count of knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds; disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building or grounds; violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds; and parading, demonstrating or picketing in a Capitol building, according to court records. 

Gunby made a brief court appearance at the federal courthouse in Greenville on Aug. 10. Assistant U.S. Attorney Max Cauthen of Greenville handled the arraignment hearing on behalf of the District of Columbia in Washington, D.C., where the case will be prosecuted.

Gunby, handcuffed and wearing a dark blue T-shirt and shorts, a white face mask and short-cropped hair, spoke briefly to U.S. Magistrate Judge Kevin McDonald and said he understood the charges and had reviewed them “a little bit” with his assigned federal public defender.

A man who identified himself as Gunby’s father said the arrest was unexpected.

Agents used a battering ram on the door of his home, where Gunby lives with his parents, at 6 a.m., Gunby’s father said. He said the U.S. is turning into a “Third World country.” Gunby’s attorney then advised his father not to speak to the media.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Law and order is less fun when it’s roided out bad attitude of authority is pointed at you, huh?

• Hook 'Em 5

41.  Lived with his parents.   

https://www.postandcourier.com/greenville/news/anderson-man-charged-in-january-us-capitol-riot-the-ninth-from-sc/article_09a31e3a-f9f0-11eb-8f24-7f6764675850.html

An Anderson man with ties to the military was arrested and arraigned Aug. 10 on charges related to the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.
Derek Cooper Gunby, 41, was charged with one count of knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds; disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building or grounds; violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds; and parading, demonstrating or picketing in a Capitol building, according to court records. 

Gunby made a brief court appearance at the federal courthouse in Greenville on Aug. 10. Assistant U.S. Attorney Max Cauthen of Greenville handled the arraignment hearing on behalf of the District of Columbia in Washington, D.C., where the case will be prosecuted.
Gunby, handcuffed and wearing a dark blue T-shirt and shorts, a white face mask and short-cropped hair, spoke briefly to U.S. Magistrate Judge Kevin McDonald and said he understood the charges and had reviewed them “a little bit” with his assigned federal public defender.

A man who identified himself as Gunby’s father said the arrest was unexpected.
Agents used a battering ram on the door of his home, where Gunby lives with his parents, at 6 a.m., Gunby’s father said. He said the U.S. is turning into a “Third World country.” Gunby’s attorney then advised his father not to speak to the media.

Crazy fucker’s dad isn’t wrong.

The problem is, one of the main things turning us into a 3rd world country is quasi-militias acting at the behest of a lawfully desperate leader trying to overthrow the elected government. Dipshits like his son. That’s some super-3rd world shit.
  • Hook 'Em 8

On 8/10/2021 at 8:57 PM, Brisketexan said:

Crazy fucker’s dad isn’t wrong.

The problem is, one of the main things turning us into a 3rd world country is quasi-militias acting at the behest of a lawfully desperate leader trying to overthrow the elected government. Dipshits like his son. That’s some super-3rd world shit.

Agreed.

Still, it irks me that FBI seems to really love to come in hard and heavy at 6am.

2 hours ago, RPM said:

Would you feel better if they were selling weed?

Or maybe if they knocked on the door and a hail of slugs from an assault rifle came out through it.  Where do some people get this crazy idea that the subject of an arrest is going to always go peacefully?

"Several defendants have been arrested in connection with that attack, including Jack Wade Whitton, who was positioned next to Barnhart and had his hand on the back of the officer's neck. (Whitton has been indicted alongside Jeffrey Sabol, Peter Stager, Michael Lopatic, Clayton Mullins.)" said the report. "Federal prosecutors said suspects including Whitton and Sabol dragged the officer ― identified by the initials 'B.M.' ― down the stairs and into the crowd, where Peter Stager used an American flag on a pole to beat him."

Now, seven months after the man online sleuths dubbed #CatSweat was photographed dragging a police officer down a set of stairs during the attack on the U.S. Capitol, the Michigan man has been arrested by the FBI. An official confirmed the arrest to HuffPost Tuesday morning.

Barnhart, whom the FBI referred to as Capitol suspect 128-AFO because he was wanted for assaulting federal officers, was a major target for the “Sedition Hunters” community, which had given him the nickname “CatSweat” because he was wearing a sweatshirt branded with the name of Caterpillar, the construction equipment manufacturer. (Barnhart worked as a machine operator for Barnhart & Son Inc., which is owned by his father.)

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/logan-barnhart-trump-capitol-attack-fbi-arrest_n_6086e1b3e4b02e74d21d4a28

FBI nabs 'white whale' suspect who inspired the Sedition Hunters to....

Call me CatSweat.

Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse [Thanks, Dad!], and nothing particular to interest me on shore back in Michigan, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world travel to DC and Stop The Steal. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation [and enlivening my mundane Michigan life moving heavy equipment working for Dad]. Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off stepping in front of the R street bus- then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can. This is my substitute for pistol and ball touching myself. With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword; I quietly take to the ship loudly beat police officers with a flagpole. There is nothing surprising in this. If they but knew it, almost all men in their degree, some time or other, cherish very nearly the same feelings towards the ocean the state of their life with me. [But they live in reality and don't believe in the exhortations of a failed fat loser.]

Ah, good old Melville. One of his better quotes: "Ignorance is the parent of fear."

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

On 8/15/2021 at 5:29 AM, AnTiM said:

Or maybe if they knocked on the door and a hail of slugs from an assault rifle came out through it.  Where do some people get this crazy idea that the subject of an arrest is going to always go peacefully?

We have been through this many times in other contexts.  I think they can largely suss that out beforehand.  Grab him in the car.  Grab him in the front yard on the way to the car.  Lots of options.  Coming at 6AM doesn't guarantee safety if the subject is a methhead that's been up all night tooting or shooting.

Whether the subject will come out guns blazing may vary.  The FBI coming at 6AM with a battering ram never varies.

Search and arrest tactics here leave a lot to be desired.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

We have been through this many times in other contexts.  I think they can largely suss that out beforehand.  Grab him in the car.  Grab him in the front yard on the way to the car.  Lots of options.  Coming at 6AM doesn't guarantee safety if the subject is a methhead that's been up all night tooting or shooting.
Whether the subject will come out guns blazing may vary.  The FBI coming at 6AM with a battering ram never varies.
Search and arrest tactics here leave a lot to be desired.
Yeah they prolly should have grabbed Koresh at Walmart...

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Call me CatSweat.

Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse [Thanks, Dad!], and nothing particular to interest me on shore back in Michigan, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world travel to DC and Stop The Steal. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation [and enlivening my mundane Michigan life moving heavy equipment working for Dad]. Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off stepping in front of the R street bus- then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can. This is my substitute for pistol and ball touching myself. With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword; I quietly take to the ship loudly beat police officers with a flagpole. There is nothing surprising in this. If they but knew it, almost all men in their degree, some time or other, cherish very nearly the same feelings towards the ocean the state of their life with me. [But they live in reality and don't believe in the exhortations of a failed fat loser.]

Ah, good old Melville. One of his better quotes: "Ignorance is the parent of fear."

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

A felony ends her real estate license, doesn't it?

I can't recall exactly what Jenna Ryan/Jennifer Rodgers did at the Capitol but what is the current DOJ direction based on her charges? Are they reducing them to misdemeanors and short jail sentences/low fines?

Felony or misdemeanor, doesn't matter.  Nobody in their right fucking mind should ever hire her again.  Even if you agree with her politics and wanted her to be your agent, odds are strong that the counter-party thinks she's a piece of human shit and wouldn't do business with her clients.  No shortage of realtors and houses in Dallas.  Being a cunt is not that interesting a niche in such a relationship-driven industry. 

Although she could just fully own it and put shit on her mail pieces like, "If the home won't be opened up to you, I am willing to bust in myself and take charge!  I will put myself at great personal risk to get you the outcome you deserve!  Call me today!"  

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I can't recall exactly what Jenna Ryan/Jennifer Rodgers did at the Capitol but what is the current DOJ direction based on her charges? Are they reducing them to misdemeanors and short jail sentences/low fines?

She's the one who streamed herself walking around inside the capitol building (possibly the rotunda) shouting shit like "God is great!" (Allahu Akbar) and "Praise the Lord!" with brief interruptions asking viewers to let her meet their real estate needs. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Felony or misdemeanor, doesn't matter.  Nobody in their right fucking mind should ever hire her again.  Even if you agree with her politics and wanted her to be your agent, odds are strong that the counter-party thinks she's a piece of human shit and wouldn't do business with her clients.  No shortage of realtors and houses in Dallas.  Being a cunt is not that interesting a niche in such a relationship-driven industry. 

Although she could just fully own it and put shit on her mail pieces like, "If the home won't be opened up to you, I am willing to bust in myself and take charge!  I will put myself at great personal risk to get you the outcome you deserve!  Call me today!"  

You're sadly mistaken if you think she can't get business in the DFW area with everyone fully knowing her shit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

You're sadly mistaken if you think she can't get business in the DFW area with everyone fully knowing her shit. 

Yep.  For every person who won't do business w/ her because of her seditious ways, there are 5 who will go out of their way to do business w/ her b/c they're seditious cunts, too. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Yep.  For every person who won't do business w/ her because of her seditious ways, there are 5 who will go out of their way to do business w/ her b/c they're seditious cunts, too. 

100%. Jennifer Rodgers (Jenna Ryan) DFW realtor who participated in the January 6th DC insurrection riots, won't have trouble finding clients.

7 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

You're right, but I did type "nobody should ever hire her again."  I know somebody will.  But I think she'll be a liability in that she's repping a buyer...sellers might look her up and think "Nah, life's too short and market's too hot to take an offer from this shitbag."  I guess if she reps a seller, if the buyer wants the house in this tight market...they may have to live with giving a percentage of their hard earned money to her.  I would think overall her biggest liability is that no major realty firm would want to have her on staff.  Just not a good look even with a bunch of Dallas folks cheering her on.

37 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Correct.  

This guy is an insurance salesman hero in E. Texas:

300px-AggyCorpsSMU.jpg

Speaking of SMU cheerleaders:

This came up in my web search for the "aggy smu" photo.  I think it would be funnier if they had white masks with red lipstick lips printed on them.

119240211_3376468795827887_4769200929037

Edited by Bullneck

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

They're not reducing.  The vast majority of those charged have been charged only with misdemeanors.  That includes dotjenna.

I don't think we've seen any resolution of pure misdemeanor cases.

Also, probably worth noting that federal charging/plea bargain policy for years has been to charge the highest crime the evidence will arguably support and to accept a plea only for the highest crime charged.  During the Obama Administration, that was softened slightly, then restored fully during the Trump Administration.

In some contexts, that policy seems to make sense, probably even this one.  But it is designed to and has the effect of pushing prosecutorial discretion to the harsh/draconian end.

The "bargain" aspect of most federal pleas is twofold.  One, other charges are dismissed (which is probably illusory because generally one is only sentenced on the highest charge of conviction) and avoidance of the "trial penalty," the inevitably harsher sentence that results from going to trial as opposed to taking a plea.  The latter is a grotesquerie of  the CJ system, especially federal.

Edited by TwiceHorn

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

They're not reducing.  The vast majority of those charged have been charged only with misdemeanors.  That includes dotjenna.

I don't think we've seen any resolution of pure misdemeanor cases.

Also, probably worth noting that federal charging/plea bargain policy for years has been to charge the highest crime the evidence will arguably support and to accept a plea only for the highest crime charged.  During the Obama Administration, that was softened slightly, then restored fully during the Trump Administration.

In some contexts, that policy seems to make sense, probably even this one.  But it is designed to and has the effect of pushing prosecutorial discretion to the harsh/draconian end.

The "bargain" aspect of most federal pleas is twofold.  One, other charges are dismissed (which is probably illusory because generally one is only sentenced on the highest charge of conviction) and avoidance of the "trial penalty," the inevitably harsher sentence that results from going to trial as opposed to taking a plea.  The latter is a grotesquerie of  the CJ system, especially federal.

The trial penalty in the federal system is both very real and very harsh. Like you get 25 years instead of maybe 5. All these dumbasses charged with the lowest misdemeanors should plea but hopefully they won’t so they can see some time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

The trial penalty in the federal system is both very real and very harsh. Like you get 25 years instead of maybe 5. All these dumbasses charged with the lowest misdemeanors should plea but hopefully they won’t so they can see some time. 

At first glance, the trial penalty makes a certain amount of sense.  You cost the government time and money, refused to accept responsibility, and so on.  

But, the right to trial by jury is protected by the Constitution.  There really should not be any sort of discernible penalty for exercising a constitutional right.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

At first glance, the trial penalty makes a certain amount of sense.  You cost the government time and money, refused to accept responsibility, and so on.  

But, the right to trial by jury is protected by the Constitution.  There really should not be any sort of discernible penalty for exercising a constitutional right.

Personally I have a bigger problem with mandatory minimums, taking away judicial discretion, and no parole but I’m no criminal law expert. They might have got rid of some of the mandatory minimum bullshit but I’m too lazy to look it up at the moment.

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Then don’t think of it as a trial penalty, but rather a non-trial discount. 

• Hook 'Em 1

SIAP.

Summary: Jan 6 rioter pled guilty to non-violent misdemeanors and was about to be sentenced to 2 months on Wednesday. He was viewed as non-remorseful so 2 months was the plan. Others might be receiving probation.

But on Wednesday, a private group reached out to the prosecutors because they found video evidence the rioter fought with police which wasn't known before. The prosecutors got the judge to call a time-out on the plea and sentencing. Note: The plea agreement spelled out that he could face additional charges if they discovered evidence of violent actions.  Citizen activists to the rescue.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/18/politics/robert-reeder-capitol-riot-sentencing/index.html

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 5

On 8/18/2021 at 8:54 AM, DigglerontheHoof said:

On 8/18/2021 at 8:56 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

100%. Jennifer Rodgers (Jenna Ryan) DFW realtor who participated in the January 6th DC insurrection riots, won't have trouble finding clients.

Somebody has to sell those doublewides out in the ranchettes.  

1 hour ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

Jenna is pleading today.

update

On Thursday, Ryan pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor count of parading, picketing or demonstrating in the Capitol.

U.S. District Judge Christopher Cooper accepted Ryan’s plea and scheduled an in-person sentencing hearing for Nov. 4. The charge carries a maximum sentence of six months in prison and a $5,000 fine.

Ryan’s codefendants, real estate agents Katherine Schwab and Jason Lee Hyland, have thus far pleaded not guilty.

Throughout the last eight months, the FBI field office in Dallas has arrested 31 people over the riot, spokesperson Katie Chaumont said Thursday.

sounds like the prosecutors are agreeing to no jail time, which the judge can agree or not. She also has to assist any other prosecution. I'm sure her buddies Katherine and Jason love that one.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

update

sounds like the prosecutors are agreeing to no jail time, which the judge can agree or not. She also has to assist any other prosecution. I'm sure her buddies Katherine and Jason love that one.

Article I read didn't imply any agreement or recommendation from the prosecutors.  Some pleas can bind the prosecution to recommend a sentence, or even agree TO a sentence, which the judge can either accept or reject.

In the usual case, Pretrial Services prepares a Pre-Sentencing Report (PSR) that applies the factors set out by the Sentencing Guidelines to formulate an "advisory" sentence for the judge's consideration.  When the Guidelines were drawn up, the judge had to follow them, but that is no longer true; they are just advisory and the judge can ignore them.

Given that she's been a bit of jackhole about it in public, I think the judge really ought to give her a month or so.

• Like 1