Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

51 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
52 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:
SIAP. Jenna is only remorseful of posting on Twitter because that is why she’s going to jail.

She is such a dumb cunt. Frisco must be so proud.

I have news for you.  Frisco probably is very proud of her.  She could be mayor there.

• Like 3
  • Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

How it started...

jenna-ryan-91.jpeg

How it's going...

Hilarious. Instead of getting probation she goes to prison because she can’t shut her big stupid mouth so what does she do next immediately after getting sentenced to 60 days in prison...

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

How it started...

jenna-ryan-91.jpeg

How it's going...

What was amusing in her letter and the above is her again frail grasp of free speech.

She committed a crime unrelated to her free speech rights.  She pled guilty to said crime.

In the interim, she shot her fool, foul mouth off repeatedly creating the definite impression that she had little remorse for her actions or understanding of their importance.  

THAT information was used to arrive at her sentence, which probably would have been lower had she not run her sewerhole in public for the last nine months.

She was not persecuted by the government for exercising her free speech rights.

• Hook 'Em 3

Interesting that the judge commented on her childhood.

In federal felonies, a fairly comprehensive "social study" called a Pre-Sentencing Report (PSR) is worked up by US Probation.  It details both criminal history and some psychosocial history that could offer mitigation.  Somewhat bizarrely, to me, anyway, the PSR also makes the initial swipe at calculating a sentencing range under the Sentencing Guidelines.  I find it bizarre because a lot of the determinations of guidelines are highly factual and legal and it seems untoward to have quasi-legals sort of set the tone for the whole sentencing litigation.

The delay between conviction and sentencing in federal criminal cases is usually due to preparation of the PSR, at least initially.

I don't think it's typical to do a PSR in a federal misdemeanor, but it sounds like the judge had something like it.  Maybe the sentencing memos, but they're usually public records, while a PSR is one of the most carefully guarded court documents in the system.

35 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

In federal felonies, a fairly comprehensive "social study" called a Pre-Sentencing Report (PSR) is worked up by US Probation.  It details both criminal history and some psychosocial history that could offer mitigation.  Somewhat bizarrely, to me, anyway, the PSR also makes the initial swipe at calculating a sentencing range under the Sentencing Guidelines.  I find it bizarre because a lot of the determinations of guidelines are highly factual and legal and it seems untoward to have quasi-legals sort of set the tone for the whole sentencing litigation.

The delay between conviction and sentencing in federal criminal cases is usually due to preparation of the PSR, at least initially.

I don't think it's typical to do a PSR in a federal misdemeanor, but it sounds like the judge had something like it.  Maybe the sentencing memos, but they're usually public records, while a PSR is one of the most carefully guarded court documents in the system.

A difficult childhood doesn't excuse one from being a terrorist.  

I also find it pretty amusing that she believes she is a martyr.  Y'all Qaeda is full of the dumbest people.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

30 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I also find it pretty amusing that she believes she is a martyr.  Y'all Qaeda is full of the dumbest people.

Whenever you need a change of pace I'll give you the log-in info to my school email. The one the students write to. Better yet, my wife's email, because she teaches Organic Chemistry and keeps people from going to Pharmacy school and Med school, where they would kill us all. It is an endless tag-team screed of woe and protest from people who don't think they should have to know chemistry in order to pass chemistry. Written by people who have not started watching the online lessons and who try to cheat on tests by accessing Chegg (answer-sharing service.) The funny thing is, my wife can track their every move and sees when they cheat and when they don't even open a lesson. Then she and the Dean flunk them, just like hammering nails.

And all these people are much more intelligent than Jenna.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

The funny thing is, my wife can track their every move and sees when they cheat and when they don't even open a lesson. Then she and the Dean flunk them, just like hammering nails.

All while laughing and sipping chilled Adrenochrome from martini glasses, I assume.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

Whenever you need a change of pace I'll give you the log-in info to my school email. The one the students write to. Better yet, my wife's email, because she teaches Organic Chemistry and keeps people from going to Pharmacy school and Med school, where they would kill us all. It is an endless tag-team screed of woe and protest from people who don't think they should have to know chemistry in order to pass chemistry. Written by people who have not started watching the online lessons and who try to cheat on tests by accessing Chegg (answer-sharing service.) The funny thing is, my wife can track their every move and sees when they cheat and when they don't even open a lesson. Then she and the Dean flunk them, just like hammering nails.

Welcome to my world.

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

19 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Welcome to my world.

There is a reason I decided not to go back and get my PhD and teach.  

Sarah Silverman Eww GIF by HULU

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

4 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

They only go after the tweeters because only the tweeters are outlaws.

5 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

if you can't pass organic chemistry, you're just dumb. it's not that fucking hard

i haven't touched it in 25 years but made an A and B. i was by no means a dedicated student. i still have no idea what chemical engineers do 

Edited by tx 3 putt

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

if you can't pass organic chemistry, you're just dumb. it's not that fucking hard

i haven't touched it in 25 years but made an A and B. i was by no means a dedicated student. i still have no idea what chemical engineers do 

As an old Chemical Engineer I am glad Auburn changed the courses. Now the last course is Organic. I had to take a year of Physical Chemistry after Organic. The department head had the incorrect view that every one of us was going to go for a PhD.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, AUinHsv said:

As an old Chemical Engineer I am glad Auburn changed the courses. Now the last course is Organic. I had to take a year of Physical Chemistry after Organic. The department head had the incorrect view that every one of us was going to go for a PhD.

yep, two semesters of organic and two semesters of Pchem. my college had a GREAT chemistry dept, both my profs were just fantastic

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

You know George, the stupidest guy in my fraternity became an Organic Chemist after he flunked out of dental school.  

9 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I wouldn't rule out something that Jenna and her lawyer wrote up along with the memo to try and soften the sentence. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Written by people who have not started watching the online lessons and who try to cheat on tests by accessing Chegg (answer-sharing service.)

Over the past year, I took some online classes at Austin Community College as a part of thinking about going back for a degree in a completely different field, and see how olds like me can do (mid-life crisis and all)

Several the classes had tests/quizes whose answers were covered by Chegg, Quizlet, etc., but the better/tougher profs put short timers on the tests/quizes, so that if you thought you'd skip the reading/studying and just hit up Chegg, Quizlet, etc., you were going to run out of time trying to find the right answer.  Or they worded the questions slightly different than the typical bank of questions/answers you see on Chegg/etc., and it tripped a helluva lot of people of.

The really sad thing is that if you read the texts, looked at the questions at the end of the chapters/sections, watched the prof's lecture, and looked at the outlines they posted, you'd have most of the tests - you could have easily assembled them into a coherent list of probable questions and answers that you could easily breeze through instead of poking around a bunch of different pages on Quizlet, etc.  We're talking spending less than 6 hours a week on this stuff, but nope, plenty thought they'd skip everything and rely on online websites for the answers to 50-60 question tests that you had 75 minutes (or less) to complete.

• Drool 1

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Complete attention whore.

You seem to be the resident expert on Federal criminal law.  Can the judge revisit her sentence due to her behavior between being sentenced and being incarcerated?  The whole idea that you schedule your prison sentence is a little strange to me.  If you’re convicted your ass should be led out of court in handcuffs.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

You seem to be the resident expert on Federal criminal law.  Can the judge revisit her sentence due to her behavior between being sentenced and being incarcerated?  The whole idea that you schedule your prison sentence is a little strange to me.  If you’re convicted your ass should be led out of court in handcuffs.

Please 

I Hope Please GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

37 minutes ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

Is this going to be one of those crappy weekend things where she just checks in 30 straight weekends and does 60 days that way?

30 straight weekends would be worse for her if she is an actual working realator.

(I misspelled it, refused to capitalize it, and decline to add the ® on purpose because that shit is wack-wiggety-wack. And I think Jenna might be in that group who pronounces it realator anyway.)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I want to think that it wasn’t the media that kept the attention on Jenna but everyday citizens like the ones here who weren’t going to let Jenna skate by on her actions.

Holy shit.  She definitely hasn’t learned a damned thing.  I don’t think 60 days is long enough.  If I were her attorney, I’d fire her as a client.

• Fuck You 1

9 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

No, I don't think so.  I don't recall if she got any "supervised release" or probation, but the judge can hammer down on that and make it more unpleasant.

When someone isn't detained pre-trial, in the federal system, they usually "self-report."  

N.B.  I follow federal criminal things fairly closely, especially sentencing-related stuff, and have picked up some knowledge.  I did the criminal defense clinic in law school just to avoid six hours of substantive coursework, but enjoyed it and it created an abiding interest in criminal law.  Also, when I started off in patent law, those admitted to the ND Tex in Fort Worth were subject to criminal appointments.  I helped a partner at my firm finish up an appointed criminal defense, which was basically the sentencing hearing. At one time, I had an office next to a federal criminal practitioner and learned a fair bit more about it.  I do not, however, practice federal criminal law and never have.

Edited by TwiceHorn

37 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Holy shit.  She definitely hasn’t learned a damned thing.  I don’t think 60 days is long enough.  If I were her attorney, I’d fire her as a client.

This could apply to anyone on Jan 6 and/or in dotard’s orbit. Except maybe Cohen. 

• Hook 'Em 1