Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

1 hour ago, Gap03 said:

Is it time to start picking out some Exxon stations in D.C.?  If I were MTG, Boebert, Gosar, Mo Brooks or Madison Cawthorn, I'd probably be sweating a bit right about now.  

• Hook 'Em 1

]

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Name fucking names! 

Along with Greene, the conspiratorial pro-Trump Republican from Georgia who took office earlier this year, the pair both say the members who participated in these conversations or had top staffers join in included Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.), Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.), Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.), Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.), Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.), and Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas).

“We would talk to Boebert’s team, Cawthorn’s team, Gosar’s team like back to back to back to back,” says the organizer.  

• The organizer claims the pair received “several assurances” about the “blanket pardon” from Gosar.

“I was just going over the list of pardons and we just wanted to tell you guys how much we appreciate all the hard work you’ve been doing,” Gosar said, according to the organizer.

The rally planner describes the pardon as being offered while “encouraging” the staging of protests against the election. While the organizer says they did not get involved in planning the rallies solely due to the pardon, they were upset that it ultimately did not materialize.

“I would have done it either way with or without the pardon,” the organizer says. “I do truly believe in this country, but to use something like that and put that out on the table when someone is so desperate, it’s really not good business.”

Edited by Bullneck
  • Rage+1 2

Promising pardons? From Trump?  That's treason. 

Spoiler

"The offense of “levying war” against the United States was interpreted narrowly in Ex parte Bollman & Swarthout (1807), a case stemming from the infamous alleged plot led by former Vice President Aaron Burr to overthrow the American government in New Orleans.

The Supreme Court dismissed charges of treason that had been brought against two of Burr’s associates—Bollman and Swarthout—on the grounds that their alleged conduct did not constitute levying war against the United States within the meaning of the Treason Clause.

It was not enough, Chief Justice John Marshall’s opinion emphasized, merely to conspire “to subvert by force the government of our country” by recruiting troops, procuring maps, and drawing up plans. Conspiring to levy war was distinct from actually levying war. Rather, a person could be convicted of treason for levying war only if there was an “actual assemblage of men for the purpose of executing a treasonable design.” 

https://constitutioncenter.org/interactive-constitution/interpretation/article-iii/clauses/39

They had a treasonable design and there was an actual assemblage (some were dupes; cannon fodder). The dupes serve a purpose - as a shield and chaotic force multiplier. They were essential to carrying out the order.  They are getting off easy.

For the ringleaders, the Constitution spells out the due process they are afforded. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Promising pardons? From Trump?  That's treason. 
Spoiler

"The offense of “levying war” against the United States was interpreted narrowly in Ex parte Bollman & Swarthout (1807), a case stemming from the infamous alleged plot led by former Vice President Aaron Burr to overthrow the American government in New Orleans.
The Supreme Court dismissed charges of treason that had been brought against two of Burr’s associates—Bollman and Swarthout—on the grounds that their alleged conduct did not constitute levying war against the United States within the meaning of the Treason Clause.
It was not enough, Chief Justice John Marshall’s opinion emphasized, merely to conspire “to subvert by force the government of our country” by recruiting troops, procuring maps, and drawing up plans. Conspiring to levy war was distinct from actually levying war. Rather, a person could be convicted of treason for levying war only if there was an “actual assemblage of men for the purpose of executing a treasonable design.” 
https://constitutioncenter.org/interactive-constitution/interpretation/article-iii/clauses/39
They had a treasonable design and there was an actual assemblage (some were dupes; cannon fodder). The dupes serve a purpose - as a shield and chaotic force multiplier. They were essential to carrying out the order.  They are getting off easy.

For the ringleaders, the Constitution spells out the due process they are afforded. 

This ends one of two ways: execution of those who levied war against my country, or their eventual successful overthrow of it.

You all know that’s true and correct. You just don’t want it to be.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 3

19 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

LuLz @ those fucking rubes believed they were getting pardons. Hahahahahahahahahhaha 

those treasonous reps probably thought the same 😂😂😂

If they had succeeded in assassinating Pence and Pelosi and overturning the election, no pardons would’ve been necessary. They never would have been tried, let alone convicted of any crime. Trump would’ve declared martial law, he would’ve held on to power, anyone who opposed him would’ve been jailed, and American constitutional democracy would be a thing of the past. 

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

This ends one of two ways: execution of those who levied war against my country, or their eventual successful overthrow of it.

You all know that’s true and correct. You just don’t want it to be.

I know I have absolutely no problem with this part:  "execution of those who levied war against my country".  Public execution of all these morons sounds right to me.

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I’m a bit surprised that the likes of gosar, cawthorn and mtg were promising trump pardons for rally organizers. If the rally was only going to be confined to the speech area, where trump spoke, why would pardons be necessary? This breaks the argument that the riot and attack was a spontaneous event.

encouragement and planning of a treasonous event by members of Congress?

Good point.  If it was just a protest, what need for pardon?

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Good point.  If it was just a protest, what need for pardon?

This is also why those congressmembers and/or their staff need to be questioned under oath. Were they making up the pardon promise themselves or did someone in the WH promise the pardons? And once again, if it was going to be a peaceful protest, there was no need for pardons. Someone knew there was going to be violence and attempt to overthrow the govt. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

This is also why those congressmembers and/or their staff need to be questioned under oath. Were they making up the pardon promise themselves or did someone in the WH promise the pardons? And once again, if it was going to be a peaceful protest, there was no need for pardons. Someone knew there was going to be violence and attempt to overthrow the govt. 

this is only informed by the movies, but I feel like situations like this there are very few direct statements and promises made. Everything is innuendo and suggestion.

”don’t worry about it. We’ve got your back.  We’ve got a lot of tools at our disposal and you’ll be beneficiary number one. we will be right behind you.”

2 minutes ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

this is only informed by the movies, but I feel like situations like this there are very few direct statements and promises made. Everything is innuendo and suggestion.

”don’t worry about it. We’ve got your back.  We’ve got a lot of tools at our disposal and you’ll be beneficiary number one. we will be right behind you.”

You truly did not pay attention to the competence of the Trump administration. 

17 minutes ago, deech said:

You truly did not pay attention to the competence of the Trump administration. 

Trump's team wasn't fighting the release of communications from the White House by Biden because he called MTG a cro-magnon and said he'd like to motorboat Boebert. Those dumbasses probably had communications between Meadows and Boebert/MTG/Cawthorn/et al 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

The HBO doc about this is infuriating.  When they interview the Proud Boys that call themselves Patriots or the people in government who were going to challenge certification, it is just so anger inducing.  

String them all up.  Fuck them.

Sorry to inform you, those PBs will be the next group of GQP congressional members....saluting nazis out front shoulda told ya. 

1 hour ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

Trump absolutely would have covered his ass in this way.  Gosar, MTG, Boebert, etc.?  I'm not so sure that some of these idiots might not have made explicit promises.  My dream is that someone might have recorded them running their mouths, in which event things could get interesting for them pretty quickly.  Would the saner (but seemingly spineless) arm of the GOP take this opportunity to rid themselves of some of the loons?  Probably not, but it's not as clear cut if there's clear evidence of sedition going on.  

Just now, Gap03 said:

Trump absolutely would have covered his ass in this way.  Gosar, MTG, Boebert, etc.?  I'm not so sure that some of these idiots might not have made explicit promises.  My dream is that someone might have recorded them running their mouths, in which event things could get interesting for them pretty quickly.  Would the saner (but seemingly spineless) arm of the GOP take this opportunity to rid themselves of some of the loons?  Probably not, but it's not as clear cut if there's clear evidence of sedition going on.  

If they lose the loons they lose elections.  The loons are the only thing keeping them afloat.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

There is footage of MTG after they have been evacuated, and she has a massive shit eating smile on her face.

1 minute ago, Macanudo said:

1.  Nothing will come of this.    We knew back in early January that members of Congress and the White House staff were actively involved in the planning.   There are pictures on 1/5 of Tuberville and others laughing it up with protesters as the Willard.   The GOP has totally lost it's mind and there doesn't really seem to any concern among way too many people.  

2.  A not-so-insignificant part of this country believes the Big Lie and thinks what happened on 1/6 was appropriate and "legal" because Trump wanted it that way.  

3.  Nothing will change this (#2).

4.  The GOP has now sown the seeds that any and every election they don't win is rigged and their supporters should either work to overthrow those results or secure the means to affect future ones (like they are now with taking control from election boards, etc.)  

5.  It's only going to get worse.   

All 100% true.

6 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

1.  Nothing will come of this.    We knew back in early January that members of Congress and the White House staff were actively involved in the planning.   There are pictures on 1/5 of Tuberville and others laughing it up with protesters as the Willard.   The GOP has totally lost it's mind and there doesn't really seem to any concern among way too many people.  

2.  A not-so-insignificant part of this country believes the Big Lie and thinks what happened on 1/6 was appropriate and "legal" because Trump wanted it that way.  

4.  The GOP has now sown the seeds that any and every election they don't win is rigged and their supporters should either work to overthrow those results or secure the means to affect future ones (like they are now with taking control from election boards, etc.)  

The GOP is a far greater threat to this country than Antifa, the Taliban & transgender bathroom users put together, in part because those 3 don’t have effective, entrenched domestic misinformation channels to spread the word on who to fear and hate.

It’s the same shell game ad nauseum: watch the shiny moving object in this hand while the other one picks your pocket or stabs you in the heart. Repeat.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

You know, I remember a phone call you and I had 4-5 years ago.  And you really pressed me on "it just can't be as bad as you think it is."  I know you remember that call.  I'll tell you that I really, really, really had hoped that maybe on that call, you were a correct voice of moderation and reason, and I really was overstating the danger.

The fact that you have now come around to where I was on that call discourages me greatly.  Not because you're wrong, but because you are thoughtful and deliberate, and wouldn't come around to those conclusions unless they were rock-solid correct.

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Bullneck said:

There's a Twitter post making the rounds these days (paraphrasing): Our government was under attack by an armed mob and the President of the United States was a mile a away but not evacuated.  That tells you who was behind it all.

That fucking bastard was moved to a secure bunker in the Whitehouse because of some George Floyd protesters.  

On 1/6 he sat in the executive dining room, probably drinking a Diet Coke and eating a cheeseburger while multiple televisions broadcast his glorious insurrection to the world and took calls from people inside the Capitol building.  

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

You know, I remember a phone call you and I had 4-5 years ago.  And you really pressed me on "it just can't be as bad as you think it is."  I know you remember that call.  I'll tell you that I really, really, really had hoped that maybe on that call, you were a correct voice of moderation and reason, and I really was overstating the danger.

The fact that you have now come around to where I was on that call discourages me greatly.  Not because you're wrong, but because you are thoughtful and deliberate, and wouldn't come around to those conclusions unless they were rock-solid correct.

Oh, I remember that call.   It was part of my reaction period beginning with Trump winning on election night 2016 and thinking "He wont fuck this up that bad."   And then the bad policy decisions (or lack thereof), tax cuts, border policy, etc. just kept on coming.   

What finally did it for me was looking at some of the people around me, people I was friendly with, that I drank beer with at BBQs and heard how they all but worshipped him.   We were a group who had gotten to know each other through spouse's jobs and sports, sitting around the pool tipping them back and talking about our wives and kids were the conversations.    But politics started creeping in and I was the liberal commie of the group in their eyes, by far.  Which was pretty laughable because I'm a liberal but not Bernie Sanders.   I used to call myself a moderate but my pendulum has swung farther and I'm more than comfortable calling myself liberal now.  But those BBQ conversation got to the point that I steered clear of getting into those talks and started to find reasons not to hang out with those guys anymore.  If it came up, I stayed quiet or found a reason to freshen my drink.   

By the end of 2019 and then with the emergence of COVID/the 2020 election, the friendships were all but severed.   I haven't talked to most of them for going 12-15 months and most likely will not.   They are full blown Orange Cheetoh fans.   I had ignored something one of them said, and one or two agreed with, early on back in 2016 or so that we hear often from his fans;  "He sounds like me, not some high-fallutin' politician and he's been so successful in his businesses."   I had tried to point out all of his "successes" but they wanted to hear none of it.   

They bought the lies and it's accelerated how little I think of the GOP and pretty much anyone who can call themselves a Republican at this point.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Oh, I remember that call.   It was part of my reaction period beginning with Trump winning on election night 2016 and thinking "He wont fuck this up that bad."   And then the bad policy decisions (or lack thereof), tax cuts, border policy, etc. just kept on coming.   

What finally did it for me was looking at some of the people around me, people I was friendly with, that I drank beer with at BBQs and heard how they all but worshipped him.   We were a group who had gotten to know each other through spouse's jobs and sports, sitting around the pool tipping them back and talking about our wives and kids were the conversations.    But politics started creeping in and I was the liberal commie of the group in their eyes, by far.  Which was pretty laughable because I'm a liberal but not Bernie Sanders.   I used to call myself a moderate but my pendulum has swung farther and I'm more than comfortable calling myself liberal now.  But those BBQ conversation got to the point that I steered clear of getting into those talks and started to find reasons not to hang out with those guys anymore.  If it came up, I stayed quiet or found a reason to freshen my drink.   

By the end of 2019 and then with the emergence of COVID/the 2020 election, the friendships were all but severed.   I haven't talked to most of them for going 12-15 months and most likely will not.   They are full blown Orange Cheetoh fans.   I had ignored something one of them said, and one or two agreed with, early on back in 2016 or so that we hear often from his fans;  "He sounds like me, not some high-fallutin' politician and he's been so successful in his businesses."   I had tried to point out all of his "successes" but they wanted to hear none of it.   

They bought the lies and it's accelerated how little I think of the GOP and pretty much anyone who can call themselves a Republican at this point.  

Trump succeeded at one thing:  he alone got Americans to care about "politics".  I put that in italics, because what this has never been political, but a cult of personality, yet it is now considered "political".

Forget Hillary.  If we could go back in time and have a President Cruz, that would have been better than what we are living with today...and he's a fucking reptile.

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

His inauguration speech was when I knew we were well and truly fucked. It was basically "I won and fuck anyone who didn't vote for me". There was no attempt at unity at all. I think I even texted Brisket and said "we're fucked". 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

Assuming Trump runs, I don't see how 2024 won't be anything but a challenge to democracy. This time, Trump and his supporters will not agree to accept a defeat. And honesty, I don't know if Trump would lose to Biden. It wasn't like Biden ran away with 2020 and some "reasonable" people are seeing Biden as the most evil and senile president ever.  In 2024 some will have forgotten the chaos Trump had a president and jump back to him.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

His inauguration speech was when I knew we were well and truly fucked. It was basically "I won and fuck anyone who didn't vote for me". There was no attempt at unity at all. I think I even texted Brisket and said "we're fucked". 

That ‘speech’ + the argument over the crowd size 

13 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

If they had succeeded in assassinating Pence and Pelosi and overturning the election, no pardons would’ve been necessary. They never would have been tried, let alone convicted of any crime. Trump would’ve declared martial law, he would’ve held on to power, anyone who opposed him would’ve been jailed, and American constitutional democracy would be a thing of the past. 

He held power until January 20th.  That's it.  No certification in Congress, he's done come January 20th.  Roberts wouldn't have sworn him in if that shit went down.   

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He held power until January 20th.  That's it.  No certification in Congress, he's done come January 20th.  Roberts wouldn't have sworn him in if that shit went down.   

You really think there would have been an inauguration on 1/20?