Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

I'm sorry counselor, but this is a load of horseshit.
There needs to be a very loud, clear message sent: You participate in a riot whose purpose was to overthrow the US government, even if you were only a "tourist" (whatever the fuck that means), you are going to spend a long time in a dark hole.
Otherwise, this will happen again.
The justice dept. is fucking this up. Time and again, their social media posts show they were not "tourists". They were there for one reason. They saw the fighting with the cops, the vandalism, they heard the rhetoric, they heard the chants of kill Pence and kill Pelosi. They are terrorists, traitors, and insurrectionists.
Ignominy and anxiety and unease? What the fucking fuck? That's what you feel the morning after you get drunk at your friend's wedding and say something stupid. Six months after you attempt to overthrow the government you should be feeling the dread of 30+ years of prison.
These fucks should have been met with massed lethal force on Jan 6. Every fucking one of them who entered the Capital that day should die in prison and then rot in hell.

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I'm sorry counselor, but this is a load of horseshit.

There needs to be a very loud, clear message sent: You participate in a riot whose purpose was to overthrow the US government, even if you were only a "tourist" (whatever the fuck that means), you are going to spend a long time in a dark hole.

Otherwise, this will happen again.

The justice dept. is fucking this up. Time and again, their social media posts show they were not "tourists". They were there for one reason. They saw the fighting with the cops, the vandalism, they heard the rhetoric, they heard the chants of kill Pence and kill Pelosi. They are terrorists, traitors, and insurrectionists.

Ignominy and anxiety and unease? What the fucking fuck? That's what you feel the morning after you get drunk at your friend's wedding and say something stupid. Six months after you attempt to overthrow the government you should be feeling the dread of 30+ years of prison.

These fucks should have been met with massed lethal force on Jan 6. Every fucking one of them who entered the Capital that day should die in prison and then rot in hell.

Sorry, but the law isn't ever going to work this way.

It's going to differentiate the culpability of a dipshit like Jenna Ryan from a perpetrator of violence, or an actual ringleader, or someone like Babbitt who penetrated the inner chambers of the building.

You can't lump them all together, as fun as that might seem to be.

The lightweights aren't going to repeat this based on their experience with the justice system.  The sociopaths, who stand to become felons and serve more time, may or may not, tough to say, because sociopaths.

8 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's going to differentiate the culpability of a dipshit like Jenna Ryan from a perpetrator of violence, or an actual ringleader, or someone like Babbitt who penetrated the inner chambers of the building.

The lightweights aren't going to repeat this based on their experience with the justice system.  The sociopaths, who stand to become felons and serve more time, may or may not, tough to say, because sociopaths.

Just shows how fucked up some of our laws are.

Traffic narcotics? 25 years in federal prison with no parole.

Attempt to overthrow the US government by overrunning the capitol? Maximum six months and probably not even that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The other thing, that's more a general criminal justice rant is, here we are talking about deterrence again.  It's so danged cute.

Sentences don't generally deter other criminals, even this type of criminal, because deterrence assumes rational and clear thought.

As has been demonstrated countless times, you cannot count on Trumpers to think rationally and clearly.  They are going to think they won't get caught, they'll win this time and it won't matter, or Orangesus will pardon them, or something appropriately Q'y.

However, it occurs to me that one of the four pillars of punishment, that's not usually too useful, really plays a part here:  incapacitation.  I'd like to see some of the judges impose some sentences that keep these mooks behind bars until past the next presidential election.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

If we are going to devolve into a third world “shithole” country, can’t we at least enjoy some of the ancillary benefits like death squads and the like?

”oh that insurrectionist didn’t show up for his hearing?  And no one knows where they are?  Wow it’s a mystery to me. I certainly hope they are not resting comfortably under 6 feet of dirt and lime.”

death to traitors. There should have been dozens of Ashli Babbitts that day, and there should be thousands more that rot in prison for a not short period of time. Hell I would love deportation as a punishment as well, assuming there is country willing to dilute their gene pool/collective IQ with a bunch of malignant taintbabies. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Drool 1

The other thing, that's more a general criminal justice rant is, here we are talking about deterrence again.  It's so danged cute.
Sentences don't generally deter other criminals, even this type of criminal, because deterrence assumes rational and clear thought.
As has been demonstrated countless times, you cannot count on Trumpers to think rationally and clearly.  They are going to think they won't get caught, they'll win this time and it won't matter, or Orangesus will pardon them, or something appropriately Q'y.
However, it occurs to me that one of the four pillars of punishment, that's not usually too useful, really plays a part here:  incapacitation.  I'd like to see some of the judges impose some sentences that keep these mooks behind bars until past the next presidential election.

Agreed with this. The primary reason to lock these fuckers up for a long time is because they are an avowed and proud continuing threat. Akin to a rapist standing in front of a judge saying “she was asking for it, and I can’t wait to do it again!” Lock him up for a LONG time.
  • Like 2

On 10/30/2021 at 8:21 AM, JimmyJames said:

Just shows how fucked up some of our laws are.

Traffic narcotics? 25 years in federal prison with no parole.

Attempt to overthrow the US government by overrunning the capitol? Maximum six months and probably not even that. 

The other thing that this points up is that these type of criminal laws aren't politically useful.  Politically useful like drug laws, terrorism, mandatory minimums, human trafficking, crack disparities, drunk driving, sex offender registries etc. etc.  

These type of laws are necessary, and necessarily federal, but they haven't scored any points for legislators pandering to a fearful public, so they actually have moderate sentence structures. Maybe even too moderate.  Flat out insurrection is a 10 year max with no minimum, seditious conspiracy 20.  It doesn't matter too much, but I am curious why neither of those charges seem to have been brought.  They may be regarded as constitutionally infirm.

• Hook 'Em 1

I agree that the US attorneys are allowing some of the defendants to walk too lightly. To me, this was a group activity that everyone on site that day is guilty of whatever was the worst violence perpetrated that day. It shouldn't matter if they directly participated in that violence or not. They ALL attempted to overthrow the US govt.  Let's use one of those private prisons to house them for the next 5 years.

I assume that US Attorneys are going light because they want to avoid a trial and the potential the defendants start to walk free. After all, it's not like Trump supporters are a tiny minority of the public. There is a fairly good chance a hard core Trumpkin is selected on a jury.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I agree that the US attorneys are allowing some of the defendants to walk too lightly. To me, this was a group activity that everyone on site that day is guilty of whatever was the worst violence perpetrated that day. It shouldn't matter if they directly participated in that violence or not. They ALL attempted to overthrow the US govt.  Let's use one of those private prisons to house them for the next 5 years.

I assume that US Attorneys are going light because they want to avoid a trial and the potential the defendants start to walk free. After all, it's not like Trump supporters are a tiny minority of the public. There is a fairly good chance a hard core Trumpkin is selected on a jury.

Well, possibly more importantly, the number of insurrectionists under complaint or indictment is a whole year or more's criminal docket for a federal district court.  They couldn't try all these cases even if they wanted to.

On 3/29/2021 at 10:24 AM, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

So first, how do we take down Gateway Pundit?  They are fucking dangerous.

Hufpo has taken note:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jenna-ryan-texas-trump-capitol-riot_n_617e044ae4b03072d7051889

Jan. 6 'Influencer' Who Said She's 'Definitely Not Going To Jail' Should Go To Jail, Feds Say

Jenna Ryan, a Trump-loving real estate broker, called Jan. 6 "one of the best days of my life" and bragged that she wouldn't go to jail because she's white.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

"Daniel “D.J.” Rodriguez, the Donald Trump fanatic who stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 and was arrested for electroshocking D.C. Metropolitan Police Officer Mike Fanone a month after he was identified in a HuffPost story, spilled his guts to the FBI after his arrest, repeatedly crying as he told special agents he was a “fucking piece of shit” and worried that his “mom’s going to find out” what he did."

“I’m not smart.”

“I’m so stupid.”

“I’m an asshole.”

“I’m a piece of shit.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/danny-rodriguez-huffpost-fbi-interview_n_616b3af9e4b079111a4aa2d9

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

"Daniel “D.J.” Rodriguez, the Donald Trump fanatic who stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 and was arrested for electroshocking D.C. Metropolitan Police Officer Mike Fanone a month after he was identified in a HuffPost story, spilled his guts to the FBI after his arrest, repeatedly crying as he told special agents he was a “fucking piece of shit” and worried that his “mom’s going to find out” what he did."

“I’m not smart.”
“I’m so stupid.”
“I’m an asshole.”
“I’m a piece of shit.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/danny-rodriguez-huffpost-fbi-interview_n_616b3af9e4b079111a4aa2d9

Well….he’s a treasonous bastard, but at least he’s honest.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, possibly more importantly, the number of insurrectionists under complaint or indictment is a whole year or more's criminal docket for a federal district court.  They couldn't try all these cases even if they wanted to.

Didn’t someone have a plan for a cage on a ship in the North Atlantic?  I’d be ok with that. 

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

This. It’s what I always thought would be the biggest impediment to these fuckers ultimately getting what they deserved. 500 criminal trials in DC court just cannot ever work. 

41 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Didn’t someone have a plan for a cage on a ship in the North Atlantic?  I’d be ok with that. 

5 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Yes. A large iron cage tied to the deck of a slow moving old freighter heading to the cold North Atlantic. Every criminal in Trump's orbit and the big turd himself inside the cage wearing next to nothing.

Arrive at the spot and slide the cage into the ocean without ceremony. Cameras can broadcast the action. Maybe one camera over the side to watch the cage and writhing pale humans racing downward and out of sight.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nolacycling said:

Does it matter if it takes a long time to prosecute? These defendants are bleeding money, living in a world of uncertainty, rolling over at night with worry.

It ain't Riker's Island, but it's something.

Most Trumpers don't have enough of a brain to have ragrets....

• Like 1

Lindsey Graham ordered Capitol security to fire on peaceful protestors and lost tourists there to support the great Donald Trump?

Saleswoman, "Oh boy!" 

Lindsey, "Oh boy, what?"

Saleswoman, "Oh boy...you're fucked!"  

This story gets out to the wrong people and Graham's as good as dead.

On 10/29/2021 at 11:34 PM, TwiceHorn said:

I'm not arguing the law.

I'm arguing the sentiment you posted in your last paragraph, the one I selectively quoted.

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Lindsey Graham ordered Capitol security to fire on peaceful protestors and lost tourists there to support the great Donald Trump?

Saleswoman, "Oh boy!" 

Lindsey, "Oh boy, what?"

MAGA doesn't like the gays.  If they had gotten to him in the Capitol, he could have ended up dead.

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

Saleswoman, "Oh boy!" 

Lindsey, "Oh boy, what?"

Hey! You put some respect on Edie McClurg's name... not everyone can hold down gigs as Principle Rooney's assistant AND a proud Marathon Car Rental representative.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/31/2021 at 11:44 AM, TwiceHorn said:

Change of venue.  They could prosecute in other circuits.. take it to each circuit where the defendant resides

On 10/31/2021 at 2:09 PM, JimmyJames said:

This. It’s what I always thought would be the biggest impediment to these fuckers ultimately getting what they deserved. 500 criminal trials in DC court just cannot ever work. 

Change of venue.  Or even violate speedy trial because of extenuating circumstances,  then agree to speedy trial if they agree to change venue

On 10/31/2021 at 2:48 PM, Bama Chick said:

Send their asses to Gitmo. We need them detained just in case. That’s the plan for terrorists, right?

Ohhhhh only the Muslim ones. Got it.

They aren't charged with any codes or laws of the US,  so they have no right to a speedy trial

On 10/31/2021 at 9:57 PM, Nolacycling said:

Does it matter if it takes a long time to prosecute? These defendants are bleeding money, living in a world of uncertainty, rolling over at night with worry.

It ain't Riker's Island, but it's something.

Speedy trial rules are tough to circumnavigate by the prosecutors,  unless there are extenuating circumstances that allow them to violate habeas.  

I am thinking if they changed venue it could be easier to try them all. 

But I'm not a lawyer at all,  I just have a shitload of experience with the feds. 

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

60 days in jail is nothing, stop being a cunt

No shit, had an acquaintance a few years ago who was upset over possibly spending a few weeks in county lockup.  Fucking pussy.  I mean, I would understand if it would cause you to lose your job or something, but if not, it's a life experience that a lot more people should go through in their lives.  30 days in county lockup is an eye opener for who you are and it exposes you to those who are below your socioeconomic class or who maybe have problems that you've never experienced and it does it in a way that passing them on the street or in a store can never do.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think that "excuse" is about 80% likely to further inflame a federal judge.

yeah.  the lawyer is not doing her any favors letting that go through.  telling the judge "i won't make as much money if i'm not promoting my crimes" isn't your typical tack for pleas for leniency.

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

No shit, had an acquaintance a few years ago who was upset over possibly spending a few weeks in county lockup.  Fucking pussy.  I mean, I would understand if it would cause you to lose your job or something, but if not, it's a life experience that a lot more people should go through in their lives.  30 days in county lockup is an eye opener for who you are and it exposes you to those who are below your socioeconomic class or who maybe have problems that you've never experienced and it does it in a way that passing them on the street or in a store can never do.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

yeah.  the lawyer is not doing her any favors letting that go through.  telling the judge "i won't make as much money if i'm not promoting my crimes" isn't your typical tack for pleas for leniency.

She had the right to remain silent and declined to do so. Fuck her
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

Yeah, I think the first skim is "that's not really me."  Ok.

Skim a little deeper, that's:  

a) you are playing to an audience

b) you choose to play to that audience

c) you choose to play to that audience by being cavalier about your offense

So, yeah, dotjenna, that may not be you, but you affirmatively choose to be that, so you're actually a worse person than the one you play on twitter.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I love how she has being treated like an asshole because you're an asshole confused with being bullied.

Penelope, you big bully!

She doesn't have the domain.  I think I might have to get it.  LOL.  

Nevermind.  She did get it.  Damn it.  But there is nothing there.  She announced it, but has no site.  LOL.  

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon

So, based on the responses from the of the ole right wing posters have left their safe space in Daily Texan to post in the Cloak Room again now that a member of the GQP won in VA, I am convinced that at least one person from Surly (in addition to TTom which was a fucking given) definitely was at the rally and most likely entered the Capitol.