Urban Meyer to Jacksonville Jaguars

Vic Mackey

12 hours ago, Deej said:

If you find yourself at a B Dubs watching football, you're trash, too. 

Well, really all it takes to be a good place to watch a game is a bar and a bunch of big screen TV’s. But there was a time when B-Dubs was a good restaurant. Maybe you missed that. The store closest to me was originally the third bw-3 location. They still have the original sign out back. It used to be a great place to go to watch a game. (Except on Sundays when it was crowded with Steelers fans. Fuck that.) In 2004 when tOSU played Okie St. in the Alamo Bowl, I got there 3-4 hours early to hold a large table for a dozen or so of my friends. I had to fend off many attempts to steel chairs from my setup. That place was standing room only by game time.

I stopped eating there long ago when they went completely to hell. But, feeling nostalgic, I dropped in a couple years ago to buy a bottle of their Wild sauce thinking maybe I could make my own wings at home. It was originally just hot sauce and butter with maybe a little added vinegar. This crap had an ingredient list a mile long with a bunch of them that were borderline unpronounceable. What’s more, it was an hour before kickoff of the Buckeye game and the place was practically empty. There were probably fewer than 20 people in there.

AAC4A989-4C6E-4766-9AD5-A2B8A555CED3.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Homercles said:

What is this fagatronics with calling it ‘B-Dubs’?

“Fagatronics?” Nice expression, homophobe.

It’s shorter than saying Buffalo Wild Wings. The “Dubs” stands for the two W’s in “Wild Wings.” Get it, Ace?

It was originally called Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck, hence bw-3. When they went corporate they got rid of the Weck rolls, short for Kimmelweck, which are basically Kaiser rolls topped with salt and caraway seeds. You haven’t lived if you never had beef on Weck or a Weck burger.

C21E4337-55BB-4FBC-9FED-C53E1E0DF321.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

On 5/31/2021 at 11:36 AM, immamac said:

I get that all of you hate Urban Meyer and Chuck Strong, but this is fucking hilarious. 

I don’t hate chuck. What’s he supposed to do? “No thanks, Texas. I’m not qualified at all. I’ll stay here at Louisville...”

And yeah Urban is a scumbag, but I gotta respect just how spineless he is. Any man that’s so full of shit that he tells a recruit that God told him he’d commit to Florida is just beautiful in the amount of scum it would take to say that with a serious face. I hate the mother fucker, but got damn j gotta respect the commitment to being that big of a fuckwad

All of this B-Dubs talk in the Urban Meyer thread reminds me of my favorite BWW story that is just as unrelated to the topic.

I had to go to OKC for a pre-proposal meeting at Tinker and was staying near the base. BWW was the most appealing option in the vicinity of my hotel that served real beer, so I wandered over.

In the establishment was a "window wall" running perpendicular to the entrance and on the door side was a normal restaurant setting, while the other side I could see the bar / smoking section.

Since one of my objectives was to drink real beer, I asked the blonde teenager hostess if you were able to drink beer in the restaurant area or if you had to go to the bar area to drink.  Her response was "Huh?"

I asked the 2nd time if it was required to go to the bar area and sit in the smoking section to drink beer or if I could sit at one of these tables (gesturing to a nearby table) and order beer as well. She responded with, "I don't know, they don't let me go back there."

At that point, I decided to just go sit in the smoke at the bar where I was pretty sure I could order real beer.

Fun fact - Every beer on the menu was listed as ABV of 5.0% whether it was a Miller Lite or a Lagunitas. Also, downtown OKC has the tallest U-Haul rental and storage skyscraper I have ever seen. It was fun to see the out of town Okies come to the "big city" and enjoy the sites.

On 6/2/2021 at 1:25 PM, Spider2YBanana said:

Colt is better than Tebow, I don't give a fuck about a Heisman. 

Absolutely. Too bad McCoy's 2008 team was screwed over and they could not face Florida instead of a weaker OU team.

Tebow was nothing more than SEC/ESPN fellatio to the point where the announcers in the Florida/OU title game told us that you are a better person for just spending 5 minutes with Tebow. It was pathetic to listen to. It made Florida games unwatchable, especially with Vern/Gary on CBS. They would let Tebow fuck their mom in front of them and they'd cheer on. 

And I still stand by Sam being the same as Tebow. Just that Tebow played in one of the best scenarios you could be in. Urban Meyer as your coach. NFL talent all over the field on both sides. Just go out talent your opponents on a weekly basis (like how Bama does these days). Put Tebow in Sam's situation with fucking Tom Herman and those TX teams and he doesn't come close to doing what he did at Florida.  But surround Sam with Tebow's situation at Florida with that coaching and talent and the result is the same. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Absolutely. Too bad McCoy's 2008 team was screwed over and they could not face Florida instead of a weaker OU team.

Tebow was nothing more than SEC/ESPN fellatio to the point where the announcers in the Florida/OU title game told us that you are a better person for just spending 5 minutes with Tebow. It was pathetic to listen to. It made Florida games unwatchable, especially with Vern/Gary on CBS. They would let Tebow fuck their mom in front of them and they'd cheer on. 

And I still stand by Sam being the same as Tebow. Just that Tebow played in one of the best scenarios you could be in. Urban Meyer as your coach. NFL talent all over the field on both sides. Just go out talent your opponents on a weekly basis (like how Bama does these days). Put Tebow in Sam's situation with fucking Tom Herman and those TX teams and he doesn't come close to doing what he did at Florida.  But surround Sam with Tebow's situation at Florida with that coaching and talent and the result is the same. 

You also wouldn’t see either Sam or Colt crying like a little bitch on the sideline during a loss.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

You also wouldn’t see either Sam or Colt crying like a little bitch on the sideline during a loss.

Your comment made me remember when aggy used to call Colt "Cart McCry" so I googled it and found what is retroactively the funniest comment in the history of the entire internet: shared by Bob_Ag back in 08

You know we are possibly recruiting his little brother. Show some class.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Still pisses me off. Totally makes sense to put a team we beat in the NC to get face rapes as usual. They'll never learn ou is a regional power, not a national power. Colt would have shredded that defense with Shipley and Cosby. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Still pisses me off. Totally makes sense to put a team we beat in the NC to get face rapes as usual. They'll never learn ou is a regional power, not a national power. Colt would have shredded that defense with Shipley and Cosby. 

Yep. That 2008 Texas team was better than the 2009 team and much more fun to watch in my eyes. But the dumb ass Big 12 had a stupid tie breaker method unlike the SEC who actually did it correctly. Which was in the case of a 3 way tie, you take the highest 2 ranked teams and then go head to head. Tech's blowout loss to OU should have taken them out of the conversation completely. They easily had the worst loss. They also had the weakest win. At home and needed a last second TD to beat Texas, who made so many mistakes all 1st half and the 4th game of a big gauntlet of their schedule. And many forget Baylor played Tech in the last game of the year. They had a 14pt lead twice and blew it. I think Crabtree got hurt in that game and Tech looked bad. And that is my trip down reminiscing road lol.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yep. That 2008 Texas team was better than the 2009 team and much more fun to watch in my eyes. But the dumb ass Big 12 had a stupid tie breaker method unlike the SEC who actually did it correctly. Which was in the case of a 3 way tie, you take the highest 2 ranked teams and then go head to head. Tech's blowout loss to OU should have taken them out of the conversation completely. They easily had the worst loss. They also had the weakest win. At home and needed a last second TD to beat Texas, who made so many mistakes all 1st half and the 4th game of a big gauntlet of their schedule. And many forget Baylor played Tech in the last game of the year. They had a 14pt lead twice and blew it. I think Crabtree got hurt in that game and Tech looked bad. And that is my trip down reminiscing road lol.

How can any trip down that particular reminiscing road not end with excoriating Gideon for dropping the interception that hit him right between the fucking numbers with :08 left on the clock? Never forget! 

14 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

That 2008 team was beautiful to watch. Colt with his accuracy, Fozzy, Chris O, Cody Johnson blowing dudes up in the endzone, and I thin McGee was hurt, but he was talented. That D was absolute sickness. Man, I never once thought we would lose a game that season. We were loaded on defense and we had a great passing offense. Makes me sick thinking about tech  

• Hook 'Em 2

18 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

As a passer, Sam is absolutely and unquestionably better IMO. Tebow, in his running style, is nearly unparalleled though at least in college. Battering ram was an understatement. Sam had his movements but there's a reason why Tim ran for 23 TDs in a season. 

Edited by Cardinal12
  • Like 2

On 6/2/2021 at 11:33 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

You haven’t lived if you never had beef on Weck or a Weck burger.

C21E4337-55BB-4FBC-9FED-C53E1E0DF321.jpeg

You're excited by a bunch of crappy filler bread with chipped salt lick and pasture residue on top?  Does that make it organic?

Edited by clapclapclap
Gonna pass on Buffalo Wild Wanks

On 6/4/2021 at 12:20 PM, Cardinal12 said:

...there's a reason why Tim ran for 23 TDs in a season. 

23 one yard TD runs?

edit: play-calling and quality of team would be my non-pithy point. Watching Tebow throw is incredibly cringe, but I'll grant he is probably a bigger/better pure athlete than Sam. 

Edited by GringoSalado

11 hours ago, markstanco said:

Of course.  Way more yards, and the NFL thought so as well. 

Lol I hate to keep coming back and reminding y'all, but ya just keep the logical fallacies coming.

Tebow played his freshman year as a backup, helped them win a NC so it was worth it to burn a year as a backup.

The three years he did start passing yards averaged 2975, with 27.6 TD, rushed for an average 826 and 16.3 TD. Total average 3802 and 43.9 TD.

Colt best three years averaged 3561, with 27.6 TD, rushed for 467 and 6 TD. Total average 4028 and 33.6 TD. 

Not exactly way more years. I will say Colt was a better pro QB though. Too bad he went to the browns

Lol I hate to keep coming back and reminding y'all, but ya just keep the logical fallacies coming.
Tebow played his freshman year as a backup, helped them win a NC so it was worth it to burn a year as a backup.
The three years he did start passing yards averaged 2975, with 27.6 TD, rushed for an average 826 and 16.3 TD. Total average 3802 and 43.9 TD.
Colt best three years averaged 3561, with 27.6 TD, rushed for 467 and 6 TD. Total average 4028 and 33.6 TD. 
Not exactly way more years. I will say Colt was a better pro QB though. Too bad he went to the browns

Colt didn't have to run. He had JC for a few years.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, wood said:

Oh, Timmy ...

Here it is from a better angle ... 

I’m no fan of Tebow and that was a weak block but he didn’t give up a tackle. So...meh.

It’s still going to take more time and more information to figure out this thing. I wasn’t exactly riveted to the game but I only remember Tebow coming in twice. Both times the Jacksonville crowd went nuts. Maybe that’s why he’s there. Maybe it’s just Urban’s way of repaying him for helping him win two national championships at Florida. Maybe he’ll still get cut. I don’t know.

I probably won’t get to see many of their games. I’m hardly an NFL junkie. But I’ll watch when I can. Whether Urban succeed or fails, I don’t care, but I’m interested in seeing how it plays out.

• Hook 'Em 1