Urban Meyer to Jacksonville Jaguars

Vic Mackey

31 minutes ago, kevwun said:

He looks like he's wearing cement shoes.  Dude can barely move.

Yep. At least laterally, anyway ... but that's always been the case. The guy showed him the inside and then went by him on the outside like he was standing still. It was never close. He has no chance against an NFL edge guy.

Edited by wood

8 minutes ago, kevwun said:

It was nice of Urban to let him embarrass himself in a game before releasing him.  They had to have known 10 minutes in to the first practice that he wasn't capable of blocking anyone.

He probably needed to let it happen in front of the world to keep the UF Timmy fanbois off his ass when he cut him.

• Hook 'Em 1

The way the entire sports world has been trying to make Tim Tebow a thing for a decade plus is pathetic. Everything from giving him credit for Chris Leak's 2006 MNC to letting him try again 7 years after retiring. Why they try to elevate this kind of mediocre white dude is beyond me. Tim Tebow is the Gohan of sports -- one neat feat when he was young and then coasts off that reputation for the rest of his life.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, demos said:

Sold a lot of jerseys and stuff tho.

18 hours ago, hookem48 said:

no one in that spot was making the team, camp body was all that spot was.

Seemed like a no-brainer marketing stunt for Jacksonville. Sold some gear and probably had a few thousand extra Jesus freaks show up for the first exhibition game. Jax should consider bringing him back in subsequent training camps. That can be their "thing", like the Packers riding kids bikes to camp practice. 

I'm sure there are immature, petty Texas fans who hold a grudge against Meyer for turning us down and want his NFL experiment to crash and burn in embarrassing fashion.

I'm sure because I'm one of them.

0-1, looking hapless with your 1st string against the BROWNS second string, and having to cut Tebow to avoid further public ridicule? I'd say we're right on track.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

IIRC, there’s either an age limit or a limit on the max number of years in the NFL for the practice squad. Maybe both.

Recent rule allows 2 veterans with no max on the practice squad...

"With the 16-player practice squad no longer is in effect (starting in the 2021-22 season), teams will be allowed 12 players on their practice squad. Of those 12 players, only two of them are allowed to be veterans with an unlimited number of accrued seasons in the league."

NFL Practice Squad Salary – Rules and Eligibility Explained - Coaching Kidz

On 8/17/2021 at 9:35 AM, SEC said:

The way the entire sports world has been trying to make Tim Tebow a thing for a decade plus is pathetic. Everything from giving him credit for Chris Leak's 2006 MNC to letting him try again 7 years after retiring. Why they try to elevate this kind of mediocre white dude is beyond me. Tim Tebow is the Gohan of sports -- one neat feat when he was young and then coasts off that reputation for the rest of his life.

Espn Reaction GIF by SEC Network

Edited by DFW Horn

• 2 weeks later...