Urban Meyer to Jacksonville Jaguars

Vic Mackey

On 9/1/2021 at 9:20 PM, Chad said:

The Jags have that 2-15 vibe to them this season, will Urban retire due to health complications? He should've taken the Texas job.

Seriously what was he thinking? Come here, win the conference a few times and some playoff appearances and cements his legacy even more. Instead he’s gonna be terrible in Jacksonville and fade away in a couple years 

Drama, either real or manufactured, is a major part of NFL owners business plan: if it helps get eyes on sets or eyes on social media....it works, no matter if it good or bad drama. The NFL is a bit more sophisticated perhaps than "professional" wrestling, but not much, and the gap is closing quickly. Wins and losses are great but not essential for success...see Dallas Cowboys. Sadly now, Texas is living that reality --to a limited extent .

Hell be back in college in a couple years.

When the going rate is $10MM per.

That is the going rate for urban in college. He doesn’t need to wait for that….he can have that tomorrow.

He just needed something to do to get him out of the house while he waits on his next health issue, which should be coming shortly.
  • Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I mean he’s coached in the sec before and he seems like he’d be on top of his shit NIL wise. Fuck it. In Sark I (kind of) trust 

Chip and a few others said he didn’t want to deal with the portal.  Yea he used to coach in the sec but I think he wanted to be in a two team conference.  The sec is a grind and he knows that

38 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Chip and a few others said he didn’t want to deal with the portal.  Yea he used to coach in the sec but I think he wanted to be in a two team conference.  The sec is a grind and he knows that

Fair enough but our side or division or whatever isn’t exactly gonna be tough. aggy, arky(yeah I know they just beat us but they’re gonna be mediocre for the rest of their existence) and LSU is in a downward spiral. Not to mention South Carolina, Kentucky, vandy, Tennessee and Mississippi state are mediocre to horrible every year. Eh fuck it. Stunt on the hoes, sark 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Fletch said:

Fair enough but our side or division or whatever isn’t exactly gonna be tough. aggy, arky(yeah I know they just beat us but they’re gonna be mediocre for the rest of their existence) and LSU is in a downward spiral. Not to mention South Carolina, Kentucky, vandy, Tennessee and Mississippi state are mediocre to horrible every year. Eh fuck it. Stunt on the hoes, sark 

Well we don’t know how this will play out though somUrban certainly didn’t know then. In known urban is a competitive guy but I think he was ok dealing with just ou vs having to deal with Bama, lsu, Georgia, Florida, auburn, aggy etc in addition to ou.  

56 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Well we don’t know how this will play out though somUrban certainly didn’t know then. In known urban is a competitive guy but I think he was ok dealing with just ou vs having to deal with Bama, lsu, Georgia, Florida, auburn, aggy etc in addition to ou.  

Our favorite bucknut says that THE urban meyer never shys away from a challenge sir. He isn't scared of a little competition. The real reason he didn't come to Texas is because it's not ohio state and I think that logic is pretty infallible. lulz. If ole meyer, who is a bastion of moral integrity I'm sure, ever coaches college again can we crowd source @WhatTheBuck haha. Just jokin, but not really. 

• Hook 'Em 3

If you think about it, it kind of sucks to be a bad ass college quarterback because the better you are the shittier team you go to. Strange reward for a guy like Trevor Lawrence who did nothing but kick ass his whole college career.

I think I’d much rather be the 5th qb taken Vs the 1st or 2nd.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1