Urban Meyer to Jacksonville Jaguars

Vic Mackey

8 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

How to get yourself fired 101? 

“According to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network, Meyer has been involved in ugly incidents at the team facility within the last two weeks.

One incident involved a heated argument between Meyer and veteran receiver Marvin Jones, who was so angry with Meyer that he left the team facility and had to be convinced to return by other staff members.

Another incident featured a staff meeting that had Meyer ripping into his assistant coaches, calling them losers and asking them to explain what they’ve ever won.

The report also casts doubt on Meyer’s claim that he wasn’t behind the benching of running back James Robinson last week and that Meyer delegates the running back rotation to his staff. According to the report, it was actually Meyer who ordered Robinson’s benching after a fumble. Robinson later went back into the game because quarterback Trevor Lawrence questioned Meyer on the sideline about why the team’s leading rusher wasn’t playing.”

No way he makes it to Year 2 with all of this shit on top of a likely 3-14 finish.

• Hook 'Em 1

We didn’t think he would. Watch Coach Potato do the same as a head coach in the NFL. Would be fucking poetic.

Yes and no. I mean no one has ever said Kliff couldn’t coach offense. He has an actual competency and it’s produced everywhere he’s been.

I can’t figure out how strong gets a paycheck at all from anyone for anything football related.

I don’t think those two are really related at all.
  • Hook 'Em 1

If we’re all honest, we love Charlie the guy.  Charlie the coach just wasn’t good enough here. 
Why do people keep saying this? I don't know Charlie the guy at all. Never met the guy. Don't know anything about him. I mean I get why people preface saying this and having to say it before trashing how bad he is as a coach. You can figure it out. I don't love Charlie the guy. I don't know him
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Y’all he’s soooo mad right now!!! Lmao!!!

With seemingly everything going wrong for the Jaguars on the field, Meyer said that outside noise is the last thing he and his team need right now.

"What's the answer? Starting leaking some information or nonsense? That's garbage," Meyer said, via Breer. "If there is a source, then that source is unemployed. I mean, within seconds."

😁😀

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

This has failure written all over it from the beginning but it’s been fun to watch.
Bullet dodged. 

His being an asshole issue would probably work at UT.  As someone mentioned above, you can’t do that shit in the NFL.  Now, if he started off with a lot of losing at Texas, it could have been ugly.  Reality is the NFL is a whole different game.  Countless examples…

I’m sure everyone will say no thanks now, with him failing there, but if he was winning in austin now, and being a prick  99% of those people would keep those thoughts to themselves.  

I mean I know he's got the money, but he has to think he chose poorly right now. College coaching salaries just exploded and one of the reasons he didn't take the Texas job is because we didn't have the set up to get talent IYKWIM. Well the boosters bypassed the AD thanks to NIL and now Texas is setting up a system to get talent. And he's a national laughingstock with the Jaguars. Saban's NFL "failure" was taking a 4-12 Miami team and going 9-7 in year 1 and 6-10 in year 2.

I guess he has doubled Jacksonville's win total from last year so far, so there's that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I don't see Urbs making it to year two in Jacksonville. He has demonstrated in the past he can't handle losing and it's really showing now his assistants and players hate his guts. Who was responsible for hiring those assistants he called losers, anyway? Oh that's right, Urbs was the one who hired them in the first place and everyone laughed about the choices he had made in those hires. Urbs was so salty about that shut out yesterday he wouldn't even shake one of his former assistant's hand after that ass kicking. Vrabel has demonstrated he can hack it in the NFL, Urbs has demonstrated he'll have difficulty winning more than 4-5 games, ever.

• Hook 'Em 1

Things he is good at:

1) Recruiting.  This is his #1 skill, and it does not matter in the pro's of course.

2) Hiring good coaches, other than a few boners. Seems he loaded up on boners at Jax.  Perhaps his pool of NFL guys isn't very deep.

3) Early on, his read option offense was money.  That stopped happening in 2017 or so, and he never quite adapted.

#1 has been negated by NIL.  #3 no longer works.  I don't think he'll be good for college anymore.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1