Urban Meyer to Jacksonville Jaguars

Vic Mackey

20 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I wish I could agree, but despite his complete suckage as a football player, he has  a huge following of jesus freaks that adore his dumbass. Plus he's from Jax. Even if he never makes the final roster, they will generate  a shitload of jersey sales, interest , etc.... It makes a ton of sense to me, and I cant stand the dumbfuck. Will he make them more money, attract viewers? thats the end game.

Oh I think the fans will like him.  But I don't think the locker room will.  Look I used to think TT was a huge phony, now I kind of assume he's a genuine good guy.  

On 5/15/2021 at 5:28 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

first Tebow now using a 1st round pick wasting reps at receiver. Does he realize this is the NFL?

wasting reps? you think they aren't going to split him out wide at times? Pretty sure he knows how to take a handoff from Lawrence. It would be stupid not to do this.

3 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Oh I think the fans will like him.  But I don't think the locker room will.  Look I used to think TT was a huge phony, now I kind of assume he's a genuine good guy.  

He spent a first round pick on a running back and using ALL his mini camp reps at WR. Urban is testing this like he’s coaching college 

• Hook 'Em 3

17 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Oh I think the fans will like him.  But I don't think the locker room will.

How many veterans in that locker room are saying to themselves, “I’ve been busting my ass the past several years to make an NFL roster and Meyer signs this fucking guy?”

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

How many veterans in that locker room are saying to themselves, “I’ve been busting my ass the past several years to make an NFL roster and Meyer signs this fucking guy?”

All of them, even young guys as well. Meyer is going to find out like Saban did that a NFL locker room isn’t the same as a college locker room. 

Unless the goal was to generate talk, clicks, jersey sales, etc., Meyer could simply have hired him as an analyst or such. The goal wasn't to give his old QB a paycheck. It was to get work avoiding, internet experts to debate over an otherwise irrelevant NFL also ran team from Florida. And if I had worked my ass off to move off of a practice squad onto the roster, I'd be really pissed.

4 hours ago, South Austin said:

It's mini camp. He's a 9th string TE in mini camp. I'd guess a lot of veterans aren't there and don't care in the least about Tebow or any number of other undrafted free agents who won't make the team.  And the young guys would probably rather compete against a 33 year old that hasn't played in a decade than another 23 year old.  And the poor young guy that didn't get signed because Tebow got signed?  Sorry, guy, but after workouts you were a worst option than a 33 year old that's never played the position so you should probably go pro in something else.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, South Austin said:

I'm sure all of them.  But even the PGA tour has event exemptions right?  How about minor league players returning to play QB?  Mark Ferris, Weinke, etc.  I don't feel awful for guy #90 as he probably doesn't make the team.  I also just had sex with your mom.

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

All of them, even young guys as well. Meyer is going to find out like Saban did that a NFL locker room isn’t the same as a college locker room. 

This.  Also, you have significantly fewer players on the roster.  Bill Parcells used to say every single player on the roster will help determine the outcome of a game during the season.  (Injuries and what not.)

Here’s Meyer burning a roster spot on a publicity stunt.

25 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

This.  Also, you have significantly fewer players on the roster.  Bill Parcells used to say every single player on the roster will help determine the outcome of a game during the season.  (Injuries and what not.)

Here’s Meyer burning a roster spot on a publicity stunt.

Strange. I wasnt aware they had announced Tebow made the final 53 man roster. 

Edited by Blotto

43 minutes ago, gernblansten said:

It's mini camp. He's a 9th string TE in mini camp. I'd guess a lot of veterans aren't there and don't care in the least about Tebow or any number of other undrafted free agents who won't make the team.  And the young guys would probably rather compete against a 33 year old that hasn't played in a decade than another 23 year old.  And the poor young guy that didn't get signed because Tebow got signed?  Sorry, guy, but after workouts you were a worst option than a 33 year old that's never played the position so you should probably go pro in something else.

This, and not to mention back end of the roster guys are chewed up and spit out by the NFL in a flash, I doubt many of those guys want to rock the boat and give a team anymore reason to cut them.

7 hours ago, 1leggedduck said:

Unless the goal was to generate talk, clicks, jersey sales, etc., Meyer could simply have hired him as an analyst or such. The goal wasn't to give his old QB a paycheck. It was to get work avoiding, internet experts to debate over an otherwise irrelevant NFL also ran team from Florida. And if I had worked my ass off to move off of a practice squad onto the roster, I'd be really pissed.

Technically speaking, nobody has made the roster yet. 

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

I'm glad to see Tebow back in the NFL because I've argued with people I know that genuinely believe he was blackballed from the league because of his Christian beliefs

Thats definitely part of his marketing narrative for sure. 

1 hour ago, cmontexas said:

I'm glad to see Tebow back in the NFL because I've argued with people I know that genuinely believe he was blackballed from the league because of his Christian beliefs

Wtf is wrong with people.  Jesus fucking Christ.  It’s getting worse.  

• Rage+1 1

On 5/20/2021 at 9:54 AM, Vic Mackey said:

Exactly. The Tebow story is nauseating. A below average QB who was carried by all that talent they had at Florida but the SEC had that big contract with ESPN and Florida was at the top of college football for those years so he got shoved down our throats every weekend. I don't even think he is as good as Sam was here at Texas. But the talent he had at Florida was amazing.

Imagine if you said that about Vince Young. Think how stupid that would be.  You're pretty much at that level of stupid.  Tebow was not below average and he was miles better than Sam.  His game may not have translated to the Pro level, but in college he was elite.  Saying otherwise is either trolling or hatred.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

Imagine if you said that about Vince Young. Think how stupid that would be.  You're pretty much at that level of stupid.  Tebow was not below average and he was miles better than Sam.  His game may not have translated to the Pro level, but in college he was elite.  Saying otherwise is either trolling or hatred.

Imagine thinking Tebow is even close to VY and comparing the two to try and make a point. No one would say that about VY because he is one of the biggest game changers in college history. Tebow is galaxies away from what VY did himself.

Tebow wasn't even better than Colt McCoy and he's lucky he got to face Sam Bradford in that national championship game.

And no, he was not miles better than Sam. He played with a stacked team.And played for one of the great modern coaches. Sam played for fucking Tom Herman. Place Sam with those Florida teams and Urban and his staff and the same results will happen. 

Tebow was a product of SEC/ESPN fellatio, great coach and a stacked roster on both sides. I don't even give a damn about his pro career career nor did I mention it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Imagine thinking Tebow is even close to VY and comparing the two to try and make a point. No one would say that about VY because he is one of the biggest game changers in college history. Tebow is galaxies away from what VY did himself.

Tebow wasn't even better than Colt McCoy and he's lucky he got to face Sam Bradford in that national championship game.

And no, he was not miles better than Sam. He played with a stacked team.And played for one of the great modern coaches. Sam played for fucking Tom Herman. Place Sam with those Florida teams and Urban and his staff and the same results will happen. 

Tebow was a product of SEC/ESPN fellatio, great coach and a stacked roster on both sides. I don't even give a damn about his pro career career nor did I mention it.

You had me until the a Sam part. Sam is a poor mans Tebow. 

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

lol I was at Texas during the Colt McCoy years and no, he wasn't better than Tebow. Seen them both live too. Tebow was an absolute monster. He would truck the opposing teams most intimidating linebacker like 2 plays into the game.

Also, 2 National Titles and a Heisman.

Tim-Tebow-in-uniform-with-trophy.jpg?x89

10 minutes ago, Zeus said:

See, that's part of why Tebow is so extraordinarily overrated. He was the backup QB in 2006. Chris Leak was the MVP of the title game.

Again, Tebow was a really good college QB. I'd say he was behind only VY and Leinart (who was actually the starting QB on 2 title teams and won a Heisman) in the 00's. But he wasn't nearly as good as he was hyped up to be (because he was hyped up to be the greatest college player ever). 

12 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Yes, he won the Heisman. So did these guys:

Jason White - Photo Gallery

Steven M. Sipple: NU ultimately keeps its word to play OU, but suffers  black eye in process | Column | journalstar.com

Gino Torretta - University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame - UM Sports Hall of  Fame

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Zeus said:

lol I was at Texas during the Colt McCoy years and no, he wasn't better than Tebow. Seen them both live too. Tebow was an absolute monster. He would truck the opposing teams most intimidating linebacker like 2 plays into the game.

Colt has a national title as well if you’re going to use backup time for a claim. 

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Colt has a national title as well if you’re going to use backup time for a claim. 

ok I guess Colt  NC freshman redshirt year with 0 appearances 0 passes and 0 rushes

vs

Tim NC freshman year playing every game as a gadget player (like how he will be used as a pro) 

22/33 for 358 yds, 5 TDs and 1 Int

89 rushes for 469 yds (5.3 avg) and 8 TDs

Anyway idiotic comparisons to Sam and Colt aside, I think the label as a TE is a smoke screen.

Tim will play wildcat and H-back. 

People are actually bitching because so much media attention is going away from Trevor Lawrence to Tebow. Maybe that was actually part of the plan all along. Could be for the best to keep the spot light off a Rookie QB. 

Either way, I hate Urban Meyer, but I'm rooting for the Jags because I like Lawrence and it gives me two chances a year to root against the Toxins.

22 hours ago, Zeus said:

Colt racked up 45 wins in his career, two of those years his OL was just absolute garbage and you can’t name a single one of his rb’s who Florida would even recruit from that 08 team. There ain’t no fucking way Tebow wins that many games with the same rosters but I guarantee Colt wins a couple titles with those Florida teams. You’re caught up in that espn bullshit hype or possibly smoking the same crack manziel is currently on. Colt got absolutely fucking hosed out of his heisman by the voters (fuck Bradford) and a freak injury screwed him of his title moment. Tebow is better than Sam no doubt. 

• Hook 'Em 6

23 hours ago, cmontexas said:

One of my most treasured memories is getting drunk af and making gator arms all night long at a B Dubs full of Sooner trash during that 09 Orange Bowl

If you find yourself at a B Dubs watching football, you're trash, too. 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, trza-hawk said:

If I remember the Tebow and the Gators versus OU game correctly, the television announcers were so excited that they thought Oklahoma was "going for it" on 3rd down in the first quarter.

a2f81ad0396ca92be4b0e8d258c5c505.jpg

14 hours ago, demos said:

Who gives a shit. Tebow is not an NFL qb or tightend and won’t be making the team. The jags will sell a buncha jerseys to some rubes though.

Hey, nobody is less of a Tebow fan than I am. And I’m hardly wishing him any success in Jacksonville. But he was responsible for two TD’s in that BCS Championship Game as a freshman. I was fucking there and nobody was more frustrated by that fact than I was. Sometimes the truth hurts but it’s still the truth. Comparing Colt being a backup in ‘05 to Tebow being a backup in ‘06 is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen posted on this board. And that’s saying something. 

• Hook 'Em 1