Hey PK -- What would you say you do here?

LTtxfan

2 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

The defense has given up 16 points in the first half of the last three games combined. So bizarre how they just lose it at halftime. I really can't explain it.

The offense gives up a lot of three and outs and almost never has sustained drives once they run out to a lead. Thin on depth already. That’s how you get a second half collapse.

Come out of the locker room with a lead, run a 10+ play drive and kick a FG? That’s how you close out games. The best defense is to keep the ball out of your opponent’s hands. 

• Like 2

On 10/31/2021 at 5:11 PM, dcar00 said:

well yeah, he can see what the rest of us see.  it just depends on if Sark sees it and wants to shackle his O with shitty D for his tenure.  my guess is he does because head coaches have some weird affliction that makes them want to keep shitty coaches for perceived "stability" and recruiting.

Well, that, and our last two coaches seemed to mostly hire personal friends.  As far as I can tell, there's no prior relationship here.

And, far better to have one year's worth of recruits on defense potentially wasted than two.

That said, I think a big reason our current D may kind of suck is being on their third DC in three years.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

The offense gives up a lot of three and outs and almost never has sustained drives once they run out to a lead. Thin on depth already. That’s how you get a second half collapse.

Come out of the locker room with a lead, run a 10+ play drive and kick a FG? That’s how you close out games. The best defense is to keep the ball out of your opponent’s hands. 

Strong teams with deep rosters wear out their opponents over time. We are the ones getting worn out.

4 hours ago, victory88 said:

At this point, just okay a base nickel defense with 4 DL.  No blitzes.  No funny shit.  Just simple base defense.  I bet we would get better results…

We missed a ton of tackles last year too. It maybe improved a bit down the stretch, but we were playing bad teams down the stretch too.

The defense has given up 16 points in the first half of the last three games combined. So bizarre how they just lose it at halftime. I really can't explain it.

So we’re playing Georgia level defense in the first half? I’m not going to do it, but I’m curious how far back you’d have to go for us to match or better that.

Then we’re Texas State level defense in the 2nd.

With all the talk about our lack of talent, I have a hard time agreeing with that statement based on the effort we’ve seen at times. It’s not like we are controlling the ball and clock either. The opposing offenses aren’t having a ton of penalties negating huge plays. We do lack a star on that side of the ball though. I’d say we actually rotate guys quite a bit so fatigue shouldn’t be that bad except we do like to go 3 and out.

Versus BU and OSU, the offense had golden opportunities to create more separation and failed to do so. The offense didn’t really show up at ISU.

21 hours ago, victory88 said:

At this point, just okay a base nickel defense with 4 DL.  No blitzes.  No funny shit.  Just simple base defense.  I bet we would get better results…

Seriously. Man up and jam the receiver on the outside, zone from the safeties, 4 down linemen with Overshown and Gbenda up the middle and Oghoufu as a pass rusher and contain dude. Fuck

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

Seriously. Man up and jam the receiver on the outside, zone from the safeties, 4 down linemen with Overshown and Gbenda up the middle and Oghoufu as a pass rusher and contain dude. Fuck

Have you seen Ovie try to play contain? All three of the guys you mentioned might be some of the most undisciplined players on the defense. They'll flash some, but then be a big part of runs that spit or QBs scrambling or stepping up to make a big throw downfield

If the safeties played closer than 20 yards off the ball, I might throw them into that group too. They aren't even in most plays.

Edited by Atticus

9 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Have you seen Ovie try to play contain? All three of the guys you mentioned might be some of the most undisciplined players on the defense. They'll flash some, but then be a big part of runs that spit or QBs scrambling or stepping up to make a big throw downfield

If the safeties played closer than 20 yards off the ball, I might throw them into that group too. They aren't even in most plays.

Sadly they’re the best we have at the moment but simplifying it may help a little. I don’t fucking know how every player fucking suck and are getting worse and our coaches haven’t done a fucking thing to help them

11 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Sadly they’re the best we have at the moment but simplifying it may help a little. I don’t fucking know how every player fucking suck and are getting worse and our coaches haven’t done a fucking thing to help them

Culture of losers. Every man out for himself, doing what he wants to do because he either doesn't trust his teammates or he wants personal glory. You know these guys are getting coached, Bo Davis and PK have multiple guys they've sent to the league. They didn't just come here to quit. Feels cultural when guys play better as pups than, and I use this term loosely, dogs.

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

Culture of losers. Every man out for himself, doing what he wants to do because he either doesn't trust his teammates or he wants personal glory. You know these guys are getting coached, Bo Davis and PK have multiple guys they've sent to the league. They didn't just come here to quit. Feels cultural when guys play better as pups than, and I use this term loosely, dogs.

Bo Davis, sure. But PK and his refusal to make adjustments is fucking insane. Yeah I know our players are average at best but god damn. Whatever. We’re probably stuck with Sark for another 3 years. I’m obviously pulling for him but god damn he’s got his work cut out for him

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Bo Davis, sure. But PK and his refusal to make adjustments is fucking insane. Yeah I know our players are average at best but god damn. Whatever. We’re probably stuck with Sark for another 3 years. I’m obviously pulling for him but god damn he’s got his work cut out for him

yep i'm pulling for Sark and this entire staff to get better but it sucks that this team keeps getting their asses handed to them in the second half.  This last one though, rock bottom.

I'm still going to the game Saturday, hoping they can put together a full game, even if it's KU.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/8/2021 at 9:37 AM, Fletch said:

The one thing I am surprised about is the lack of run blitzes. The #1 fall back for a DC with Lbs that can not find the right gap is to blitz them into a gap. Takes their ability to read out of the equation. Orlando loved this and half the time it was a disaster. Its an all of nothing strategy, but I am surprised we havent seen more of it. I believe Ford had a nice play, his only nice play, on a run blitz. 

Edited by Codaxx

I’m out on PK.  I don’t need to see anymore. It was 3rd and short on that Kansas drive and they are literally running the ball every play.  And he called a defense with TWO defensive lineman spread apart and the edge guys and LBs were playing off of the line of scrimmage.  Kansas ran a qb sneak easily for like 5 yards.  

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU CALL A DEFENSE WITH 2 DL ON THAT PLAY?!  Fire this fraud now and fuck these players while we’re at it too.

Edited by victory88
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

Anyone still onboard this train?

I don’t understand the stubbornness. How hard is it to understand our roster limitations and to try to mask them?

Same thing can be said of sark. Sark has ultimate control in what PK does.     This is really all sark at this point. 

• blacklab changed the title to Hey PK -- Keep the Sacks and Turnovers Comin' !!!
  • immamac changed the title to Hey PK -- What would you say you do here?