Mentally unstable radical Republican? Oh you mean Marjorie!

Pancho

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

I should stop clicking on these but sometimes I do and this is such horseshit.  All those dumbfucks led by the king of dumbfucks weren't set up.  They did exactly what they were led to do and she probably set the pipe bombs that didn't work.  I would really like to know her role in what happened because I'm convinced she's covering for something. Sadly, this psycho bitch believes her own lies.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene's decision to vote in support of the debt ceiling deal on Wednesday has been harshly criticized by her former ally Steve Bannon, who called on the Georgia Republican to be challenged in the next party's primary.

In a message posted on the conservative social media platform Gettr on Wednesday night, Bannon called on Greene and Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio—who also voted in line with party's leaders—to "Both Face Primary Challenges from Real MAGA."

Members of the hard-line Freedom Caucus, spearheaded by chair Rep. Scott Perry of Pennsylvania, vowed to "do everything" in their power to sink the deal ahead of the vote. On Wednesday, 71 Republicans voted against the deal struck by their own speaker. Greene, a member of the Freedom Caucus, wasn't among them.

"I agree with my conservative friends in the Freedom Caucus on some of the flaws in the Fiscal Responsibility Act and I've never wanted to raise the debt ceiling on debt that I never voted to create," she wrote in a long Twitter thread posted on Wednesday.

"But I came to Washington to make changes and this bill actually provides a tool (an idea from @RepThomasMassie) that gives us a chance to make those fiscal changes."

Her vote in support of the debt ceiling deal marks another rupture between the Georgia Republican and her Freedom Caucus colleagues, with whom she bitterly argued during McCarthy's House speakership bid.

McCarthy was only elected House Speaker in January after 15 grueling rounds of voting forced on Congress by a days-long revolt from a bloc of Republican hardliners. The Republican defectors were finally convinced to support McCarthy's bid after a series of negotiations and concessions.

Throughout the election, Greene was a fierce advocate of McCarthy, despite the fact that this led her into a public spat with those who had long been considered among her closest allies within the GOP—Rep. Lauren Boebert of Colorado and Rep. Matt Gaetz of Florida.

Some of Greene's supporters also found her backing of McCarthy a betrayal, with Infowars viewers accusing her of being a "fraud"—and forcing her to defend herself by saying she was "still the same person."

Greene's loyalty to McCarthy through the process of negotiating the debt ceiling deal, as proven by Bannon's message, is likely to expose the Georgia Republican to further backlash from extreme MAGA Republicans.

All U.S. House districts, including Greene's seat—Georgia's 14th congressional district—will be holding elections in 2024. Greene has held on to her seat for the past couple of years, since first taking office on January 3, 2021.

MAGA Playbook-

J6 was Antifa!

Oh, no one's buying that?

Insurrectionists are political prisoners!

FBI planted docs on me!

Oh, no one's buying that?

I had every right to take them!

Climate change isn't real!

https://www.businessinsider.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-using-climate-change-to-stop-migrants-coming-2023-6

so born after 1974.  Knows 2nd amendment of 1791 and War of Northern Aggression in 1861.  And then the Dinosaurs, but they got too big and fat and died and turned into oil.  And then the Arabs came.  And they bought Mercedes-Benzes.  And then Prince Charles.....................

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3