Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

The ticket is from a company in New Orleans and says "Citation not paid after 30 days will be referred to collections." I'm skeptical they go to collections for a small amount, and I see nothing that would allow the municipality to enforce it other than suing for the amount they want me to pay which would go to state small claims court.

I’m gonna guess there’s no fighting it. Ding your credit score over 75 bucks?

20 hours ago, closetohumping said:

I'm nicer to my daughter's hot teacher than her not so hot one.

Hits close to home.  Take my youngest to preschool twice a week.  Always nice to the very nice teacher.  Couple months in, she got an assistant.  ms Tracey is mildly pretty but tall with an athletic build.  And she has a penchant for semi-sheer yoga pants.  So feigning eye contact and conversation with the main teacher has been most difficult.  

42 minutes ago, GoPokes83 said:

Lucky! 9 months of research in and still not one hot teacher, nurse, administrator or even lunch lady at my kid’s elementary school. Has me rolling through the drop off line like a plane dropping paratroopers on D Day!

Yea most of the teachers here have what one would call the right bmi

1 hour ago, GoPokes83 said:

Lucky! 9 months of research in and still not one hot teacher, nurse, administrator or even lunch lady at my kid’s elementary school. Has me rolling through the drop off line like a plane dropping paratroopers on D Day!

Our preschool is rolling in hot teachers and moms on way to yoga/gym.  Probably why about halfway thru the year, mostly dads start doing Dropoff   

our elementary school is mostly young teachers but nobody very attractive.  And you can’t see mom’s ass because of car Dropoff and busses.  The most attractive employee by far is the principal.  She’s only about 30-35 with a penchant for tight jeans and ass that won’t quit on me or our children’s future.  I’ve experienced some light, innocent flirting with teachers over the years.  But I’m guessing one errant glance at the Principals ass, there’d be some serious repercussions. Thanks a lot Bin Laden!!!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 5/15/2023 at 9:07 AM, 'stache said:

Is there any real penalty for not paying a parking ticket from a private lot company? Best I can figure is they send you to a collection agency, but it would seem not worth it to them, and they have no jurisdiction to fuck with your driving record, right? We left our car at a brewery overnight because we wisely Ubered home. I forgot to go back on the app and pay for an extra day. The ticket is for $75. I'm thinking of mailing them a check for $10 for an additional day of parking and leave it at that.

Depends on the jurisdiction, but most places, if you park in another one of their lots again and they find you, they can tow you.  Usually the only way they find you is if you again don't pay the required amount.  It's not like they scan every car in their lot to see if there are any past offenders in there.

Pie-ology is a SoCal pizza chain where you choose your own toppings and they bake it for you. The set up is similar to a Chipotles. But holy fuck, standing in that line is a beating. Everyone is hemming and hawing, wondering what magic combination that's going to make it the world's best pizza. And then there were the people working there who make KFC employees look efficient.

Pie-ology is a SoCal pizza chain where you choose your own toppings and they bake it for you. The set up is similar to a Chipotles. But holy fuck, standing in that line is a beating. Everyone is hemming and hawing, wondering what magic combination that's going to make it the world's best pizza. And then there were the people working there who make KFC employees look efficient.

7 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Isn't that how pizza places work?  You choose your own toppings and they bake it for you? 

Yes. Difference is you order the pizza online or calling it in, then picking it up in 15 minutes.

At this place, people are looking at all the options, deciding what to get, and holding up the line behind them. The decision process should be made outside the line.

The previous time I was there, they locked the doors because they didn't want anymore people coming in and ordering. Never been to a restaurant where they DIDN'T want people to come.

• Haha 1

On 5/15/2023 at 7:47 PM, Kilgorehorn said:

I got a parking ticket in New Orleans about 20 or so years ago. They sent me a couple of threatening letters which I ignored and then I never heard from them again.

FAFO situation. You may well have a bench warrant out in LA. Meaning that if you get stopped for speeding or anything like that in LA, you may be spending a few hours with LA’s finest residents. 

On 5/15/2023 at 10:14 PM, 52-80 said:

i still pirate movies from the internet and often use other companies corporate codes when booking hotels for leisure stays

am i going to hell?

Yes, because undoubtably you also don’t return your grocery cart to the corral. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, nnm said:

FAFO situation. You may well have a bench warrant out in LA. Meaning that if you get stopped for speeding or anything like that in LA, you may be spending a few hours with LA’s finest residents. 

I have the same problem in Florida.  In 2002 I got a speeding ticket on US 1 driving from Miami to Key West that I never paid.  It’s always been my excuse why I can’t take my daughter to Orlando.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I have the same problem in Florida.  In 2002 I got a speeding ticket on US 1 driving from Miami to Key West that I never paid.  It’s always been my excuse why I can’t take my daughter to Orlando.

What is the statue (sic) of limitations? 

Yes. Difference is you order the pizza online or calling it in, then picking it up in 15 minutes.
At this place, people are looking at all the options, deciding what to get, and holding up the line behind them. The decision process should be made outside the line.
The previous time I was there, they locked the doors because they didn't want anymore people coming in and ordering. Never been to a restaurant where they DIDN'T want people to come.
Mod pizza does that here and it works fine for lunch, although I usually get the Salet which the serve up the same way-pick the ingredients and dressing and they toss it up. Works fine, not the best, not the worst lunch.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I used that line once a few years after it aired in a Contracts class in law school.  Everybody looked at me like I was insane.  But Prof. Skrocki came over to me after class and we a laugh about it.  He was a huge fan.  We ended up talking about how lawyers were portrayed on the show.  /csb   

There really isn't any part of my life not colored by Seinfeld.  Which obviously means I lead a very bizarre life, in a small apartment.  That may or may not contain a chicken.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

I used that line once a few years after it aired in a Contracts class in law school.  Everybody looked at me like I was insane.  But Prof. Skrocki came over to me after class and we a laugh about it.  He was a huge fan.  We ended up talking about how lawyers were portrayed on the show.  /csb   

There really isn't any part of my life not colored by Seinfeld.  Which obviously means I lead a very bizarre life, in a small apartment.  That may or may not contain a chicken.

And with Darren's help, you'll get that chicken.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bad Chicken!  Mess you up! 

Okay, back on topic of "random thoughts"

Is it just me, and it probably is because I'm borderline insane.  But what the fuck with people changing lanes in the middle of intersections nowadays?  Like most dads, I'm hyper sensitive to jackasses on the road and then there was Covid.  And I'm no model driver myself, but one of those little ticks you remember from Driver's Ed...you don't fucking change lanes in the actual intersection and you are shit don't do it without a signal.  But I mean, it's---lobo hyperbole aside---it's every fucking single day now.  between school and work commute 'n shit...there's at least one car that'll change lanes in the middle of an intersection with reckless abandon.  Do they just not teach that anymore in class or post-covid phenomenon or flouride in the water?  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Mullet Free said:

The best candy in the world is the relatively new Nerds Gummy Clusters. It’s not particularly close either.  Whichever midlevel candy technicians came up with them deserves a promotion. 

I mean they've had nerds rope for years. Same thing. 

• Hook 'Em 2

The best candy in the world is the relatively new Nerds Gummy Clusters. It’s not particularly close either.  Whichever midlevel candy technicians came up with them deserves a promotion. 

It’s fucking candy crack. I almost never touch candy but my kids leave this around the house and it sucks me in every time
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, ztejas said:

I mean they've had nerds rope for years. Same thing. 

But you see, they’re in clusters. 

42 minutes ago, Lurch said:

It’s fucking candy crack. I almost never touch candy but my kids leave this around the house and it sucks me in every time

Same. And what drove me to post this. I knew my wife liked them. Gave her a bunch along with Mother’s Day stuff. They’re irresistible. 

5 minutes ago, Crapinon said:

He had to taser her. She was coming at him with a knife (and a walker).  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/police-officer-tasers-95-year-old-woman-sparking-outcry-and-inquiry/ar-AA1bobIO

JFC, a 5'2" 95lb, 95-year-old woman w/ dementia and big, bad cops can't disarm her.  Puuuuuuuuuussssssssies. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 5/18/2023 at 11:52 AM, YGIFS said:

There really isn't any part of my life not colored by Seinfeld.

For me, it's one of those shows where I never watched an episode that I thought was "bad", but I never had a strong desire to watch it. I saw Jerry's specials before the show came out and I always thought he was funny. But the show never really drew me in.

Watching Step Brothers and wife asks “ have you ever said what the fucking fuck”? 

well yeah, I was in the Navy. I’ve pretty much covered every permutation of fuck. 

And there is a bunch! 

what you got surly? What’s your favorite fucking phrase you fuckers? 

• Like 1