Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

every employee has a target for 100% training compliance.  in our paris office they have a TV that constantly displays the compliance scorecard for all of the big wigs, because its supposed to set a good example or something. 

and of course, none of these fuckers are even close to being on-target.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 52-80 said:

every employee has a target for 100% training compliance.  in our paris office they have a TV that constantly displays the compliance scorecard for all of the big wigs, because its supposed to set a good example or something. 

and of course, none of these fuckers are even close to being on-target.

Laissez faire.

3 hours ago, 52-80 said:

fuck me, some of my employers training are Focus-sensitive, so if you click track or click your mouse outside of its window, the video pauses

As long as it doesn’t track your clicking thread titles on surly on your phone, you’re good. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

Well fuck that.  I just found a 30 minute course I’m going to play at 0.5. speed and see if that gets me a full hour of credit  works I’ll be playing these things at half speed going forward.

Hope that shit works for you. Ours doesn’t allow for speed changes. Or clicking through the video. Or clicking through the reading, as that’s on a “min, can’t click next until x amount of time has passed” bullshit.

5 hours ago, 52-80 said:

what was a worse idea for televisions... curved panel displays, or 3D ?

Yes. 

1 hour ago, nnm said:

As long as it doesn’t track your clicking thread titles on surly on your phone, you’re good. 

If his phone is on company wifi, it does. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

As someone who owned a 3D television, I can't imagine anything worse. It was novel for the first couple of movies, then the glasses got put in a drawer & never used again.

lol, i should throw mine away too.  kept saving it "just in case"

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

As someone who owned a 3D television, I can't imagine anything worse. It was novel for the first couple of movies, then the glasses got put in a drawer & never used again.

I liked it. I’ve got a few pair of glasses stashed away.  I really liked it for sports. One of the MNC games had a broadcast in 3d. It was actually pretty good. 

Side note—my son has strabismus (misaligned eyes).  He’s had 5 surgeries, the first when he was 18 months old, to improve it. However, no matter how close the surgeon gets, my son will never be able to see the 3d effects. He can watch the 3d movies with us, but just doesn’t see the effects the same way we do. Same with binoculars—he has to look through one lens.  

Edited by nnm

On that same note, why do they still release movies in 3D and who goes to them? I thought it had died out a couple of years ago but the latest Dr Strange was released in 3D.

11 minutes ago, markstanco said:

The wnba. Why does the nba keep funding this losing corporation? Does somebody have a naked picture of somebody or something? It’s really bad basketball. Nobody outside of family and friends care.

They want women to be fans and follow the NBA, to expand their viewership past just men and also to encourage their kids to play basketball over football and baseball.  The women who are most likely to do that the most are the ones that will play high school/college ball.  Giving those few women an opportunity to go pro is a small cost for keeping even more women engaged in basketball longer which is better for the NBA.

There is also a social justice, equality aspect to it, but the main reason is always money and the long term health of the sport.

Edited by TKthunder2

14 hours ago, markstanco said:

The wnba. Why does the nba keep funding this losing corporation? Does somebody have a naked picture of somebody or something? It’s really bad basketball. Nobody outside of family and friends care.

You didn't watch that epic Aces/Storm game yesterday?

On 9/2/2022 at 8:09 AM, Cheeseweasel said:

Slight derail,  Sea World in San Antonio used to have a 4-D theater. The last time I went it was about a pirate ship etc,etc.  I'm telling them you that was awesome as hell.  On more than one occasion we were all dodging stuff if not outright diving out of our seats. Very impressive. 

20 hours ago, Underdog said:

You didn't watch that epic Aces/Storm game yesterday?

Being 100% completely honest here, I know one of the teams is from Seattle because of Bottom Line.  Not sure which one but my guess is it would be the Storm. No idea what the Dallas and Houston team names are. 

Just bought a new Simplehuman motion sensor hand soap dispenser for the bathroom.  When using the bidet remote, any time you push a button, the dispenser shoots out soap.  If the remote doesn't have line of sight to the dispenser, it does not do it.  I guess the bidet remote is infrared and the soap dispenser can see the invisible pulse of light it emits and thinks it's motion.  

22 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Just bought a new Simplehuman motion sensor hand soap dispenser for the bathroom.  When using the bidet remote, any time you push a button, the dispenser shoots out soap.  If the remote doesn't have line of sight to the dispenser, it does not do it.  I guess the bidet remote is infrared and the soap dispenser can see the invisible pulse of light it emits and thinks it's motion.  

Turn the Bidet up & you've set up a light show / fountain.

Edited by Cheeseweasel
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

You have a remote-controlled bidet?  

1 hour ago, nnm said:

50 minutes ago, General Specific said:

Toto Washlet G450 with remote control here. Anything less would be uncivilized!

https://www.totousa.com/washlet-with-smart-toilet-g450-10-gpf-and-08-gpf

I have both of these.  The BioBidet cuts like a knife and the Toto is a ball peen hammer.  The Toto is the one that interferes with the soap dispenser. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Yep, run a 3/4" garden hose through the bathroom window and duct tape it to the terlit seat.

To be honest, next time I think I would just do a bum gun that ties into the toilet water supply.  We had one in a flat we rented in France this summer and it worked better than either bidet. They are also only $25 on Amazon compared to $300+ for decent bidet seat. 

4105oibellL._AC_.jpg

Edited by CooterBrown

2 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

To be honest, next time I think I would just do a bum gun that ties into the toilet water supply.  We had one in a flat we rented in France this summer and it worked better than either bidet. They are also only $25 on Amazon compared to $300+ for decent bidet seat. 

4105oibellL._AC_.jpg

Absolutely that’s a great solution. Gets the job done. And all the toilets in my house, except for the master bath, have a $30 Amazon bidet. 
But for my personal space, the warm toilet seat, warm water, oscillating jets, charcoal filter fan, etc., are all improvements over the bum gun. 

Does anyone else keep a polo shirt next to their desk when working from home? I throw it on during Zoom video calls with executive management to look "nice". Not that my daily uniform of shorts and an Under Armour t-shirt isn't nice but you know, you gotta dress to impress.

Edited by CooterBrown