--> Jump to content

Cheer Up, It Only Gets Worse: Texit Is Upon Us


MaybeACoordinator
 Share

Recommended Posts

Sadly, I think it's time this idiocy gets its own thread. 

Down here in the boonies of Brazoria County, I am seeing more and more Trump yard signs coming down, only to be replaced with Texit signs. Generally in front of falling to pieces shacks and trailers way back in the Spanish moss oaks...It's been out there as a fringe thing forever, but I think it's going to grow like every other cancer we've got on our body politic at the moment.

So...

If you want to get a sign, or prank your enemies by giving the Texas Nationalist Movement their phone number, here is the the website. And here are the guiding principles of the movement:

Spoiler

OUR PRINCIPLES

The Texas Nationalist Movement was founded on set of unshakeable principles that guide all of our work.

ENTREPRENEURIALISM

The basic economic building block of Texas is the entrepreneur.

INDOMITABILITY

There is no challenge that cannot be overcome by the individual initiative and collective will of Texans.

INHERENT RIGHTS

Every Texan possesses inherent and inalienable rights and should have the ability to exercise those rights as they choose.

INDIVIDUALISM

The basic political building block of Texas is the individual.

PRIMACY OF OUR NATION

The interests of Texas supersede the interests of all other nations and states.

FOUNDATION OF GREATNESS

Texas' unique history serves as the foundation for our current and future greatness.

FAMILY

The basic cultural building block of Texas is the family.

INDEPENDENCE

Texas should always be politically self-governing, culturally distinct, and economically independent.

PRIMACY OF OUR CAUSE

Texas Nationalism is the primary secular cause of all Texans and is distinct and superior to all other secular causes.

NATIONHOOD

The people of Texas constitute a distinct nation by every definition of the word, with a distinct culture, economy and system of governance.

THE SOURCE OF POLITICAL POWER

All political power is inherent in the Texan people, and all free governments are founded on their authority, and instituted for their benefit. The Texan people have at all times the inalienable right to alter, reform or abolish their government in such manner as they may think expedient.

I like it that one of the core principles if "Indomitability." That word doesn't get enough play. 

Get your Texit swag here

Meet the team here. Not too many Juan Seguins or Lorenzo de Zavalas among them, if you get my drift. There is one Black dude: the Apostle Claver Kamau-Imani, a far right Republican from Houston. They do have a diplomatic corps, of sorts: "directors of engagement" for Europe and Latin America. 

They claim 408,000 supporters...Mailing address is a PO Box in the thriving metropolis of culture and philosophy that is Nederland, Texas. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been comparing to another area of a country that has been clamoring for independence: Catalonia in Spain. Major difference is Catalonia has Barcelona as a major port city and is a wealthy area of Spain that is wanting to keep their tax dollars from propping up poorer parts of Spain. 

By contrast Texas is relatively poor in resources other than oil and gas and takes more from Federal US aid than any other state. Seeing how their "principles" are all flowery idealistic nonsense That sounds like a fantastic plan they have there. 

  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

What would we do with all the Mexicans? I guess we can wave them through our northern border into OK and the other shitty states and take their land over. I like their mountain towns over near Monterrey and Saltillo. 

 

they'd use the strategy used after the Texas revolution, any mexican with assets was shot in the head and his assets seized. if there's land, you tell the judge that you won it in a card game. deed transferred !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

 

By contrast Texas is relatively poor in resources other than oil and gas and takes more from Federal US aid than any other state.

Do you have a link for this? Every source that I've seen shows that Texas pretty much breaks even in terms of the tax dollars it sends to Washington vs. what it receives. Alaska and the deep South are the biggest freeloaders.

  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Makes perfect sense that so many American Patriots wish to dissolve their status as Americans. 

That's the part that has always irked me on the "I'll go to Canada if..."  and now the "Texas should leave" crowds.

If (they) truly love America and it's worth fighting for, then why the fuck would (they) ever support such notions.   Stay and make it better, you fucking cowards.

  • Hook 'Em 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

I've been comparing to another area of a country that has been clamoring for independence: Catalonia in Spain. Major difference is Catalonia has Barcelona as a major port city and is a wealthy area of Spain that is wanting to keep their tax dollars from propping up poorer parts of Spain. 

By contrast Texas is relatively poor in resources other than oil and gas and takes more from Federal US aid than any other state. Seeing how their "principles" are all flowery idealistic nonsense That sounds like a fantastic plan they have there. 

Catalonia has a massive influx of migrants from where?  You know the answer on both fronts.

  You're full of shit, and the comparison isn't remotely similar.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Sadly, I think it's time this idiocy gets its own thread. 

Down here in the boonies of Brazoria County, I am seeing more and more Trump yard signs coming down, only to be replaced with Texit signs. Generally in front of falling to pieces shacks and trailers way back in the Spanish moss oaks...It's been out there as a fringe thing forever, but I think it's going to grow like every other cancer we've got on our body politic at the moment.

So...

If you want to get a sign, or prank your enemies by giving the Texas Nationalist Movement their phone number, here is the the website. And here are the guiding principles of the movement:

  Reveal hidden contents

OUR PRINCIPLES

The Texas Nationalist Movement was founded on set of unshakeable principles that guide all of our work.

ENTREPRENEURIALISM

The basic economic building block of Texas is the entrepreneur.

INDOMITABILITY

There is no challenge that cannot be overcome by the individual initiative and collective will of Texans.

INHERENT RIGHTS

Every Texan possesses inherent and inalienable rights and should have the ability to exercise those rights as they choose.

INDIVIDUALISM

The basic political building block of Texas is the individual.

PRIMACY OF OUR NATION

The interests of Texas supersede the interests of all other nations and states.

FOUNDATION OF GREATNESS

Texas' unique history serves as the foundation for our current and future greatness.

FAMILY

The basic cultural building block of Texas is the family.

INDEPENDENCE

Texas should always be politically self-governing, culturally distinct, and economically independent.

PRIMACY OF OUR CAUSE

Texas Nationalism is the primary secular cause of all Texans and is distinct and superior to all other secular causes.

NATIONHOOD

The people of Texas constitute a distinct nation by every definition of the word, with a distinct culture, economy and system of governance.

THE SOURCE OF POLITICAL POWER

All political power is inherent in the Texan people, and all free governments are founded on their authority, and instituted for their benefit. The Texan people have at all times the inalienable right to alter, reform or abolish their government in such manner as they may think expedient.

I like it that one of the core principles if "Indomitability." That word doesn't get enough play. 

Get your Texit swag here

Meet the team here. Not too many Juan Seguins or Lorenzo de Zavalas among them, if you get my drift. There is one Black dude: the Apostle Claver Kamau-Imani, a far right Republican from Houston. They do have a diplomatic corps, of sorts: "directors of engagement" for Europe and Latin America. 

They claim 408,000 supporters...Mailing address is a PO Box in the thriving metropolis of culture and philosophy that is Nederland, Texas. 

In order to join the movement you have to give them money. It's a grift.

  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, slorch said:

That's the part that has always irked me on the "I'll go to Canada if..."  and now the "Texas should leave" crowds.

If (they) truly love America and it's worth fighting for, then why the fuck would (they) ever support such notions.   Stay and make it better, you fucking cowards.

Hey man, they tried storming Congress and that didn't work.  They're at the end of their micro-dick rope. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I started looking at the Twitter feeds of this collection of All Stars.  For some reason, in a state that is 40% Hispanic, the Latin American international engagement liason is a man named Davy Hobson.   Judging from his Twitter feed, Davy is a real winner, with almost 60 thousand tweets and 129 followers.  Best of all, Davy has a music video and it's unintentionally hilarious:
 




You guys really do need to delve into the Twittersphere to see the collected Tweets of these thought leaders.  Lots of Breitbart. 

 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. Nederland, man.

2. It’s obviously derivative, but Texit is a much snappier name than Brexit.

3. As someone who no longer lives in Texas, at least my federal tax dollars might not go towards relief for your self-indicted wounds.

4. A government solely led by current Texas political leadership would be an absurdist comedy. Terrifying and terrible, but hilarious.

5. Ted Cruz would no longer be a US Senator, so that’s a plus.

6. The leftward swing of US politics would be remarkable. If this movement gains any momentum, I expect significant pushback from Republicans from other states.

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I'd fuckin move

So would everyone who brings any kind of  money into this state that's not tied to oil. It'd be a fucking disaster.

Much like overturning Roe vs. Wade, this is something that no Republican actually gives a shit about, but will leverage when they need to rile the base up. 

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

These people need to be reminded that A) whites are less than 45% of the population, and B) Catholics are the leargest religious group.

Because when I see these idiots, they are always white, and most talk about needing more God in schools, but they don’t stop to consider that in Texas, it would be the Vatican calling the shots.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

I've been comparing to another area of a country that has been clamoring for independence: Catalonia in Spain. Major difference is Catalonia has Barcelona as a major port city and is a wealthy area of Spain that is wanting to keep their tax dollars from propping up poorer parts of Spain. 

By contrast Texas is relatively poor in resources other than oil and gas and takes more from Federal US aid than any other state. Seeing how their "principles" are all flowery idealistic nonsense That sounds like a fantastic plan they have there. 

I think Texit is stupid but we could kick Catalonia's ass in a war, so not sure where you are going with this.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, gyroprotagonist said:

just carve out an enclave in west Texas (sans mineral rights), tell them goodbye and good luck and let anyone who wants to have at it.  The Federal tittay is just too sweet to stop suckling on. 

 

 

Hell no.

They can have Fredricksburg. Or whatever county Vidor is in. Or aggyland.

 

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Do you have a link for this? Every source that I've seen shows that Texas pretty much breaks even in terms of the tax dollars it sends to Washington vs. what it receives. Alaska and the deep South are the biggest freeloaders.

https://www.valuepenguin.com/which-states-depend-on-fema-aid 

most federal aid money. So I guess they will expect the hurricanes to never happen again after independence judging from their "planning" for power grid emergency.  

 

 

Edited by Wanker Bob
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
9 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:
I've been comparing to another area of a country that has been clamoring for independence: Catalonia in Spain. Major difference is Catalonia has Barcelona as a major port city and is a wealthy area of Spain that is wanting to keep their tax dollars from propping up poorer parts of Spain. 
By contrast Texas is relatively poor in resources other than oil and gas and takes more from Federal US aid than any other state. Seeing how their "principles" are all flowery idealistic nonsense That sounds like a fantastic plan they have there. 

So much of this is absolutely false. You are a fucking moron.

Tell me how it's false? Explain

And I didn't say I think Catalonia's quest for independence is a good idea either. Just they have more of a case for it than Texas. Texas just has lunatic leadership that likes to talk but take no action unless it further enriches themselves. 

Edited by Wanker Bob
  • Fuck You 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

https://www.valuepenguin.com/which-states-depend-on-fema-aid 

most federal aid money. So I guess they will expect the hurricanes to never happen again after independence judging from their "planning" for power grid emergency.  

 

 

FEMA does not equal the federal government, Wanker. It is but one aspect. It does not stand for Federal Emergency Money to Assholes. 

 

Texas and California are almost equal in federal money as total component of state budget:

https://www.moneygeek.com/living/states-most-reliant-federal-government/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

OUR PRINCIPLES

The Texas Nationalist Movement was founded on set of unshakeable principles that guide all of our work.

ENTREPRENEURIALISM

The basic economic building block of Texas is the entrepreneur.

INDOMITABILITY

There is no challenge that cannot be overcome by the individual initiative and collective will of Texans.

Well, other than punctuation, yeah...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

I think Texit is stupid but we could kick Catalonia's ass in a war, so not sure where you are going with this.

With just the Texas national guard? I'm sure the US will promptly be closing their bases and removing the $$ billions in equipment and manpower. How are they going to get to Catalonia to fight a war without Air Force/Navy planes? Build some wooden boats?

 

  • Fuck You 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

In order to join the movement you have to give them money. It's a grift.

What's wrong with printing up some Texas pride t-shirts and selling them to these idiots? Guilt-free grifting opportunities abound...but would probably be a slippery slope as the money rolled in. 

I wonder how much they'd pay me to be "director of engagement" for Asia and if that would cover a whole year in a Vietnamese opium den / brothel. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

With just the Texas national guard? I'm sure the US will promptly be closing their bases and removing the $$ billions in equipment and manpower. How are they going to get to Catalonia to fight a war without Air Force/Navy planes? Build some wooden boats?

 

 

 

I think we could ask the same question about Catalonia.

 

 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

FEMA does not equal the federal government, Wanker. It is but one aspect. It does not stand for Federal Emergency Money to Assholes. 

 

Texas and California are almost equal in federal money as total component of state budget:

https://www.moneygeek.com/living/states-most-reliant-federal-government/

 

That's why I didn't say federal money I said federal aid. Could have clarified and said fema aid but so soon after it was a hot topic with the power grid failures didn't think that was necessary. 

You all got your panties in a bunch because I talked about massive decline with the US and now you're sensitive and looking for anything to attack me on. Which is par for the course attacking the messenger instead of self evaluation and trying to be better. But carry on with it if you must I can ignore it

  • Fuck You 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wanker Bob said:

That's why I didn't say federal money I said federal aid. Could have clarified and said fema aid but so soon after it was a hot topic with the power grid failures didn't think that was necessary. 

You all got your panties in a bunch because I talked about massive decline with the US and now you're sensitive and looking for anything to attack me on. Which is par for the course attacking the messenger instead of self evaluation and trying to be better. But carry on with it if you must I can ignore it

We agree with you that Texit is a stupid idea but somehow you make yourself a standout asshat even when we should be in accord. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, High Plains Drifter said:

 

 

I think we could ask the same question about Catalonia.

 

 

Which we would the moment one of them clamors to kick Texas' ass. Although Catalonia has a lot more bargaining power holding a bigger percentage of wealth compared to the rest of Spain than Texas does to the US. Not sure why any Texan would want independence seeing how the US treats small countries with no military power, but it would give me a way to convince the wife to move overseas so I'm actually all for it happening. 

  • Fuck You 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

That's why I didn't say federal money I said federal aid. Could have clarified and said fema aid but so soon after it was a hot topic with the power grid failures didn't think that was necessary. 

You all got your panties in a bunch because I talked about massive decline with the US and now you're sensitive and looking for anything to attack me on. Which is par for the course attacking the messenger instead of self evaluation and trying to be better. But carry on with it if you must I can ignore it

When you post something here on surely horns that is factually incorrect, you should not be surprised when somebody here points that out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Makes perfect sense that so many American Patriots wish to dissolve their status as Americans. 

That bit of cognitive dissonance is what I've never gotten past.  In order to achieve independence via secession from the US, we've already established that it requires taking up arms against the US.

Ask any of these nimrods what they would do to someone who attacked the US, like some dirty mooslems, and they'll answer with a whoop "I'd shoot em!"

Cool.  So.....hold still, I've got a good bead on you.....

Fucking traitors.

The current trend of massive cognitive dissonance -- I love America more than you!  So much that I'll betray it! -- is fucking insane.

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, YChang said:

I guess Wanker has taken on a straight up trolling act now.

Yeah, it's weird as hell. Texas has a lot of problems but talking about Texas like it has no major cities and no substantial economy is just fucking weird.

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

According to this analysis, Texas comes in #34 in a ranking of state dependence on the federal government (#1 being the most dependent).  For every dollar Texas sends to the federal government in income tax, it receives back $0.41, thus proving (once again) that Wanker Bob is a . . . wanker.

states-dependent-federal-government-2020_table.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mole said:

1. Nederland, man.

2. It’s obviously derivative, but Texit is a much snappier name than Brexit.

3. As someone who no longer lives in Texas, at least my federal tax dollars might not go towards relief for your self-indicted wounds.

4. A government solely led by current Texas political leadership would be an absurdist comedy. Terrifying and terrible, but hilarious.

5. Ted Cruz would no longer be a US Senator, so that’s a plus.

6. The leftward swing of US politics would be remarkable. If this movement gains any momentum, I expect significant pushback from Republicans from other states.

Yeah, Texit might actually be a net plus for the US. I could see a situation where Texas is allowed to peacefully secede, which tilts much of national American politics far to the left, leading to more and more dipshit rednecks moving to Texas to live in their conservative utopia while most of us leave Texas for the US. We'd probably all make some good money selling our homes to dipshit carpetbaggers wanting to play cowboy and then we could go live where adults are in charge and can keep the heat on when it gets cold, while Texas devolves further and further into some pathetic larping cowboy version of a Bioshock game. 

The downside of course is the many minorities in Texas who probably can't afford to move and would be stuck with the country run by larping cowboys who are also racist as shit. 

  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share



√ó
√ó
  • Create New...