Texas Basketball Recruiting Notes: Keep Austin Beard

Machinator

https://sports.yahoo.com/lsu-loses-every-remaining-scholarship-player-to-transfer-portal-after-firing-will-wade-005625584.html

Spoiler

LSU men's basketball has some rebuilding to do after firing head coach Will Wade following an NCAA notice of allegations. That task now looks like a complete and total teardown

Sophomore forward Mwani Wilkinson entered the transfer portal on Friday per Rivals, making him the program's 13th scholarship player to make a move out of the program following Wade's firing. With serious NCAA sanctions looming, not a single scholarship player from last season remains on the team, for now.

Just what does that kind of exodus look like? Well, here's every player to appear on the court for the Tigers last season, ordered by total minutes, and where they are now. Walk-on players are italicized.

Brandon Murray: entered transfer portal on March 24

Darius Days: declared for draft on March 30

Eric Gaines: entered transfer portal on March 31

Mwani Wilkinson: entered transfer portal on April 1

Tari Eason: declared for draft on March 25

Xavier Pinson: entered transfer portal on March 23

Efton Reid: entered transfer portal on March 31

Alex Fudge: entered transfer portal on April 1

Justice Williams: entered transfer portal on March 30

Shareef O’Neal: entered transfer portal on March 28

Parker Edwards: still at LSU

Bradley Ezewiro: entered transfer portal on March 30

Jerrell Colbert: entered transfer portal on March 29

Brandon Egemo : still at LSU

Spencer Mays: still at LSU

Adam Benhayoune: still at LSU

So basically, between the dates of March 23 and April 1, LSU lost 1.3 scholarship players per day. That is some serious talent LSU is losing as well, as Pinson and Ezewiro are the only departing players who were not rated as 4- or 5-star recruits by Rivals. Murray, Reid, Williams, Colbert and Ezewiro were all freshmen.

There should be plenty of LSU talent to pick through. 

12 hours ago, Hornlover said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/lsu-loses-every-remaining-scholarship-player-to-transfer-portal-after-firing-will-wade-005625584.html

Reveal hidden contents

LSU men's basketball has some rebuilding to do after firing head coach Will Wade following an NCAA notice of allegations. That task now looks like a complete and total teardown

Sophomore forward Mwani Wilkinson entered the transfer portal on Friday per Rivals, making him the program's 13th scholarship player to make a move out of the program following Wade's firing. With serious NCAA sanctions looming, not a single scholarship player from last season remains on the team, for now.

Just what does that kind of exodus look like? Well, here's every player to appear on the court for the Tigers last season, ordered by total minutes, and where they are now. Walk-on players are italicized.

Brandon Murray: entered transfer portal on March 24

Darius Days: declared for draft on March 30

Eric Gaines: entered transfer portal on March 31

Mwani Wilkinson: entered transfer portal on April 1

Tari Eason: declared for draft on March 25

Xavier Pinson: entered transfer portal on March 23

Efton Reid: entered transfer portal on March 31

Alex Fudge: entered transfer portal on April 1

Justice Williams: entered transfer portal on March 30

Shareef O’Neal: entered transfer portal on March 28

Parker Edwards: still at LSU

Bradley Ezewiro: entered transfer portal on March 30

Jerrell Colbert: entered transfer portal on March 29

Brandon Egemo : still at LSU

Spencer Mays: still at LSU

Adam Benhayoune: still at LSU

So basically, between the dates of March 23 and April 1, LSU lost 1.3 scholarship players per day. That is some serious talent LSU is losing as well, as Pinson and Ezewiro are the only departing players who were not rated as 4- or 5-star recruits by Rivals. Murray, Reid, Williams, Colbert and Ezewiro were all freshmen.

There should be plenty of LSU talent to pick through. 

I’d get Shaq and Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, texifornia said:

All that time and he didn't actually graduate? Or is he just using his free covid transfer with an eye to maybe playing another season?

Either way, sheesh, that's a lot of time playing college sports.

He is looking at the draft but also going to use his free year to play somewhere else if the draft or pro doesn't look feasible 

Edited by Js1

36 minutes ago, texifornia said:

All that time and he didn't actually graduate? Or is he just using his free covid transfer with an eye to maybe playing another season?

Well he might as well. He's not going to get a chance to compete at a high level in sports when he's older.

Edited by Bevo14

5 hours ago, texifornia said:

He'll complete his 4th year on campus in May. It isn't like he's been on campus 5 or 6 years something. 

5 hours ago, texifornia said:

Would love to see the schools that have reached out to him.

On 3/31/2022 at 1:17 PM, Teryor said:
Spoiler

Ohio transfer Mark Sears has been hearing from a lot of schools since entering his name into the transfer portal. Sears averaged 19.6 points, 6.0 rebounds and 4.1 assists this season and is starting to set up his visits.

“There's a lot of schools reaching out to me but Mississippi State, Georgetown, Texas, Alabama, and Miami are the ones that check in on me daily,” he said. “Right now I'm trying to get some visits situated but I've done a virtual visit with Mississippi State and I'm supposed to do one with Georgetown today. I'm going to try to get up to Alabama's A- Day game. I think that will be the day my visit will be. I'm also trying to get out to Miami, Texas and Georgetown as well. I plan on taking all those visits before I decide.”

“I want to make my decision around late April, when school ends so I can get my stuff situated, set up summer classes so I can get right to work.”

Sears spoke on some schools involved with 247Sports.

Mississippi State: “Our virtual visit went really well. They showed me the facilities, the academic center and I really liked it. Their message to me is that they need a point guard. They said we got the keys for you and we want you to drive the bus.”

Alabama: “Their message is that they want me to come back home. They're system is very guard oriented and they told me they put guards into the NBA.”

Texas: “I spoke with the head coach and he's basically saying they need me to reach the final four. He said he wants to win a national championship and around this time next year wants to see me in the draft.”

Sears knows what he's looking for in a program.

“I'm looking for the right fit where I'm surrounded by great players,” he said. “My role will be key, the spotlight, the stage where I'm playing against the best night in and night out and being able to prove myself.”

13 hours ago, Teryor said:
  Hide contents

Ohio transfer Mark Sears has been hearing from a lot of schools since entering his name into the transfer portal. Sears averaged 19.6 points, 6.0 rebounds and 4.1 assists this season and is starting to set up his visits.

“There's a lot of schools reaching out to me but Mississippi State, Georgetown, Texas, Alabama, and Miami are the ones that check in on me daily,” he said. “Right now I'm trying to get some visits situated but I've done a virtual visit with Mississippi State and I'm supposed to do one with Georgetown today. I'm going to try to get up to Alabama's A- Day game. I think that will be the day my visit will be. I'm also trying to get out to Miami, Texas and Georgetown as well. I plan on taking all those visits before I decide.”

“I want to make my decision around late April, when school ends so I can get my stuff situated, set up summer classes so I can get right to work.”

Sears spoke on some schools involved with 247Sports.

Mississippi State: “Our virtual visit went really well. They showed me the facilities, the academic center and I really liked it. Their message to me is that they need a point guard. They said we got the keys for you and we want you to drive the bus.”

Alabama: “Their message is that they want me to come back home. They're system is very guard oriented and they told me they put guards into the NBA.”

Texas: “I spoke with the head coach and he's basically saying they need me to reach the final four. He said he wants to win a national championship and around this time next year wants to see me in the draft.”

Sears knows what he's looking for in a program.

“I'm looking for the right fit where I'm surrounded by great players,” he said. “My role will be key, the spotlight, the stage where I'm playing against the best night in and night out and being able to prove myself.”

That pretty obviously reads Bama.

On 4/6/2022 at 1:01 PM, Teryor said:

Quote from the player:

There's a lot of schools”…

I am continually surprised how many kids don’t know the difference between “There’s” (There + is) and “There are”. And the fact that they don’t know it to use “There’s” before a plural. 

This would be a red flag 🚩 for identifying players who can’t see what the other team is getting ready to do, because they exist and see what’s coming. 

Edited by Napoleon

33 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

“Lot” is singular.  Like bunch.  There is a bunch.  There is a lot. There is a lot of stupid stuff on this board.  

“A lot” can actually be singular or plural depending on the noun that it modifies.   Further complicating the choice is that some nouns, like “bunch,” are indeterminate and can be flexible.

Others are definitively plural, e.g., “there are a lot of dicks in this bag”

20 minutes ago, Professor Chesney said:

“A lot” can actually be singular or plural depending on the noun that it modifies.   Further complicating the choice is that some nouns, like “bunch,” are indeterminate and can be flexible.

There is a lot of dick in this bag.

• Drool 1

1 hour ago, Professor Chesney said:

xvZfUf5.gif.7fd41a341a6914f7cd008b70f14ada2b.gif

Or, as Bob Stoops likes to say, "There were a lot of dicks in this bag". 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Professor Chesney said:

Username checks out 

7 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I am continually surprised how many kids don’t know the difference between “There’s” (There + is) and “There are”. And the fact that they don’t know it to use “There’s” before a plural. 

This would be a red flag 🚩 for identifying players who can’t see what the other team is getting ready to do, because they exist and see what’s coming. 

Arrested Development Eye Roll GIF

2 hours ago, Hornlover said:

No, he says "there were". As in "There were a lot of dicks in this bag. But then I ate the bag of dicks". 

I agree with it except it would have to be “their we’re a lot of dicks literally in this bag. But then I gobbled the bag of literal dicks.” It cant be grammaficalley correct to be correct in this context. 

Edited by RockyMountainHighHorn

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

I found this snippet about him:

Performance: The dual-sport athlete (high major baseball prospect) Kaden Cooper owns an incredible combination of lateral quickness, length, and bounce that makes him an elite prospect on the defensive end and in the open floor. He opened eyes with the amount of jump shots he swatted. He is a high-level athlete who covers the court very fluidly, gets his head on the rim, flies at the offensive glass, and can thrive in transition.

https://247sports.com/Article/War-Before-The-Storm-Anthony-Black-Noah-Shelby-Tajavis-Miller-Collin-Chandler-Jaxon-Kohler-Chris-Bunch-Parker-Friedrichsen--163283731/

Sounds exactly like a Chris Beard type of guy.

The LSU news must have aggy feeling damn certain that they can move decisively ahead of LSU and into a 4-way tie for 5th in the conference. At least until Texas gets there, then aggy will get pushed a bit more toward the bottom.

Edited by Chopper

15 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Auburn, Kentucky, and Memphis are particularly adept at player compensation. I’d love to win a relatively high profile recruiting battle against any of those schools because it’s a clear signal we have our shit together in that regard. 

• Hook 'Em 1