Walt Anderson has tendered resignation as Big 12 supervisor of football officials

Machinator

I just don't understand why the B12 cant be the leaders in all power 5 conferences to get the best, unbiased refs and umps they can.  That and unfair operations/recruiting are going to kill the industry.  People are just going to continues to tune out.   Better refs for on the field and better supervision of operations would go a long way in all sports.  They seem to be able to do this in the pros.   Pay these guys enough to make them want to do the job and do it right.

9 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I mean 99% of calls are either correct or, at least, in a grey area which can be explained.  To me this, and the OU/Oregon onside kick, are the two worst, unexplainable calls I’ve ever seen.

5th down was maybe the worst call in all of football.... ever. 

Maybe you're not categorizing as a 'call' but I would say it goes down in the football history as the worst officiating blunders

• Like 1

Yeah. Knew I was missing one.  5th down.

i know some on here aren’t keen on soccer, but the US got screwed pretty bad a few years ago.  Road game in qualification.  Player on another team walks by a US player and drops to the ground.  Ref gave a red card which also knocked him out of the next game.  With all the diving in soccer, any experienced ref would, and should, know better to make such an important call w/o actually seeing a punch.

I'm getting pissed all over again watching that video. Fans claim games are rigged all the time in all sports, but that game is the only time I've truly believed a game was rigged in some way. Outside of the Kings/Lakers series anyways.

• Like 1

I had forgotten that they gave Walsh possession of the ball on that fumble even though he only had 1 arm in the pile.  FFS

Charlie should have thrown a bitch fest at his next press conference.  He tried to walk away from that ref multiple times and got followed and the ref made body contact with him until Strong finally snapped.  Fuck that shit. 

1 minute ago, CowboyFred said:

I want to neg you so fucking hard right now

I realize the risk I was running when I posted it.  The entire Grant Teaff sendoff, the entire Texas-oSu debacle-- neither made me as ragey as that one play did.  Not only was Orakpo tackled to the ground as they'd been doing to him all night, but was injured on that play.  Just infuriating.

Dear Walt:

Thou knowest that I am of the Brotherhood of Friends and in consequence of that fact I may not Curse thee, nay, nor Smite thee.

None the less, it is my Cherished Desire that when thou arrivest next at thy Homestead, that thy Mother might run from her Kennel and bite most painfully in the tender Place where dangle thy Organs of Procreation; yea, and that the said Organs might be detached from thee and made a meal of by the Mother.

Regards, Tex Long

3 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

5th down was maybe the worst call in all of football.... ever. 

Maybe you're not categorizing as a 'call' but I would say it goes down in the football history as the worst officiating blunders

I would rate it as the top 5 in all-time, since 1869:

College football history: Here's when the 1st game was played. Rutgers and New Jersey (later known as Princeton) faced off in what is considered to be the first American football game ever played on Nov. 6,1869.Nov 6, 2017

And I of course was never alive to see all those games, and would still rate that call higher than 5th...

Edited by kopp0e

3 hours ago, kegman said:

Texas vs. Refs and Grant Teaff in 1992 needs to be mentioned with every discussion of bad calls. 

The worst I’ve ever seen. We yelled “you suck” as they were walking up the ramp. One of them yelled back “so does Texas”. 

Two ?'s.

1)  In Sydney Sherman's TX/OSU video above, I don't understand the first call.  The ref that throws the flag is down the field and #77 (Vahe?) is the only one anywhere close to him or in his line of site.  The flag is on #74.  I do recall the end of the game but not this call.  Was it really that bad?

2)  I've heard the Teaff game referenced, but it was before my time.  I'm not sure there's video of the raping, so can someone kind of explain what happened without the PTSD?

Edited by Knoxtnhorn