Oscars

Red Five

The ceremony always takes place at this time, but you have the illusion of nighttime since it’s traditionally broadcast from an auditorium, and most are in formalwear. Choosing to place it in a train station, with sunlight streaming thru the windows, was a bad idea. Low energy, long winded, meh.

7 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

15 minutes left and the big awards still not done yet?  Geez.  Maybe trim this shit down to 2 hours, and people would actually watch.  4 hours of awards show.  No fucking thanks.

Director, both supporting actress/actor and both screenplays are done 

39 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

Guess I'll watch Minari now. No idea what it's about but consensus is it's good. I liked Nomadland, and expecting it to get some shine in a bit. Frances getting a statue for sure.

The acting is good, the movie is terrible.  Most non stop depressing movie of all time, it just drains your soul.

Edited by Hook1997

Agreed that Oscars was horribad.  The worst part for me was seeing Harrison Ford.  I know he is old but man he looked really old.  I have thought he looked old for the last decade but something about his face tonight made him look like a really old man.  Even sadder was his voice.  It sounded like it was fading.  No idea how he can play Indiana Jones again.  

5 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Agreed that Oscars was horribad.  The worst part for me was seeing Harrison Ford.  I know he is old but man he looked really old.  I have thought he looked old for the last decade but something about his face tonight made him look like a really old man.  Even sadder was his voice.  It sounded like it was fading.  No idea how he can play Indiana Jones again.  

Try to imagine them different. I do admire that Fran is a blank slate. She is who she is and her work speaks it. I remember when she played that crazy Longhorn fan. she is still bad ass. She doesn’t care how she looks at an awards  ceremony. 

13 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

His nose is growing

There were movies last year?

I had no idea Anthony Hopkins was nominated for Best Actor until he won.

I liked Nomadland but I will probably never watch it again. Saw Chicago 7 and really liked it. Next up is Judas, Promising Young Woman and Mank.

Just now, C-Man said:

I had no idea Anthony Hopkins was nominated for Best Actor until he won.

I liked Nomadland but I will probably never watch it again. Saw Chicago 7 and really liked it. Next up is Judas, Promising Young Woman and Mank.

Saw them all. I felt the most compelled by Sound of Metal. Jmo.

Tenet won one. 

Fuck y'all.

So far Tenet and Mank were the only ones I may remember from this year.  I did like the guy with the dog on Sound of Metal but that was some shitty music Riz was playing.  Would have won if it had been called The Sound of the Rabaab.

1. (Caveat, I haven't seen the one about the Black Panther Party, which I heard was good.)

20882317_1429584643816411_34242833919658

Chicago 7 was a great script poorly executed starting with casting Borat.  He was 15 years too old. Eddie Redmayne made it even worse.  It was fine when it should have been excellent. Wrong people were acknowledged. 

Nomadland was good. Not great.  Well executed. 

Judas & Black Messiah was important for telling Fred Hampton story but it whiffed on the guy Stanfield played and what his motivations were. 

Haven’t seen Minari or The Father. 

Sound of Metal was really, really good. Riz should have won best actor in a landslide.  

• Hook 'Em 1