Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

So are we to interpret Gerry’s post about needing to get a new DC at the end of the season a warning that if we don’t we’ll have multiple defensive defections from the class and miss out on a few uncommitted prospects considering us? I’m assuming he’s not the “this guy sucks and Texas needs to fire him” type of bomb-thrower. 

18 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

So are we to interpret Gerry’s post about needing to get a new DC at the end of the season a warning that if we don’t we’ll have multiple defensive defections from the class and miss out on a few uncommitted prospects considering us? I’m assuming he’s not the “this guy sucks and Texas needs to fire him” type of bomb-thrower. 

He's been the loudest voice on Texas and Perkins

When a team goes on the field after a change of possession,  not a sudden change of possession,  and gets a delay of game penalty,  that's bad.  

Either the team is not smart enough to get out of a bad call,  or the coaching staff doesn't know how to adjust.  

Is Aranda that good of a coach to completely baffle the players and coaches just by a formation? 

2 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

When a team goes on the field after a change of possession,  not a sudden change of possession,  and gets a delay of game penalty,  that's bad.  

Either the team is not smart enough to get out of a bad call,  or the coaching staff doesn't know how to adjust.  

Is Aranda that good of a coach to completely baffle the players and coaches just by a formation? 

when you are in that situation, taking a delay penalty isn't on the coach it's on the QB.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

When it happens more than once, it’s on the coaches. 

disagree for me. if you are the QB it's on you to keep an eye on the clock, etc. half the time Casey looks shocked the clock was on 0's

Edited by NoName

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

disagree for me. if you are the QB it's on you to keep an eye on the clock, etc. half the time Casey looks shocked the clock was on 0's

If your players continually make non physical related mistakes, it’s on you to correct it or replace them. 

23 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

If your players continually make non physical related mistakes, it’s on you to correct it or replace them. 

Yeah I can’t defend the coaches on that delay of game. That was bad.

I will say that the number of penalties has gotten a lot better this year vs Herman (not saying much but still)

22 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Yeah I can’t defend the coaches on that delay of game. That was bad.

I will say that the number of penalties has gotten a lot better this year vs Herman (not saying much but still)

Are our holding calls down because of better technique? Or because our OL is too weak to turn defenders far enough to draw a ref's attention? 

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

Coaches work on this stuff constantly every practice. They can only do so much. Replace them with who. This is why you need to give the coaches a little time.to get their kids in. If things don't improve then, you need to consider changes but you have to give them a little time.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 hours ago, Big Woodrows said:

Odom supposedly didn't come onboard because he wanted Sam Carter (Arkansas CB coach) on staff and Sark had already hired Joseph and Gideon...if you make a change I think you show the door to one of those two and re-engage Odom

Better hope Traylor don't get a job that can afford Odom because that will be his DC IMO.

5 hours ago, golfclap said:

All the time. FFS how long have you been a Texas fan. Greg Davis got out coached in a ton of games that Texas win by 30+🤷🏻‍♂️

The genius isn’t having that idea - the genius is in the game plan and execution. 

Is it any surprise that the two teams that have held Bijan below 100 and nullified his impact were the two teams with the best DCs we’ve faced? Odom and Aranda both outschemed Sarkisian. It’s not even a debate. It’s fact. 

Becoming one-dimensional isn’t the appropriate response. It’s the path of least resistance. The appropriate response is to add new elements in formation, personnel, and blocking schemes during the week to ensure that when they load the box you can still have a run game, even if it’s lesser, and not be one-dimensional. 

Well Casey could have easily rushed for 100 yards because the Baylor D wasn’t accounting for that aspect on most plays.  The few times he ran he got big chucks of yardage so that certainly would have helped both the run and passing game.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 10/30/2021 at 2:55 PM, Gut Wagon said:

Whittington being out has really hurt. But never mind a deeper corps of receivers...even with those now active, we'd have at least  6 wins with a slightly cleaner pocket in the 2nd half of these games. Defenses just put the heat on 11 and get big stops. We'd still have some drops, but he'd be able to get the ball to more of these guys left wide open. The inept OL play is killing us time and again.  

I love how the OL has to consistently protect for 5+ seconds and the WRs have to consistently make spectacular catches or the offense bogs down, but the one guy that touches the ball on every play isn't a factor at all.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

I love how the OL has to consistently protect for 5+ seconds and the WRs have to consistently make spectacular catches or the offense bogs down, but the one guy that touches the ball on every play isn't a factor at all.

Plenty of fault with Thompson, too. For one thing, if he'd run more, I do think we'd be better off. He wasn't exactly Tom Brady yesterday, but there also were a lot of critical drops. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Best served cold said:

Weren't there a bunch of folks shitting on Traylor during the coaching search? I actually thought he would have been a good hire, but may have needed a little more seasoning first. 

You just answered your own quesrion

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Best served cold said:

Weren't there a bunch of folks shitting on Traylor during the coaching search? I actually thought he would have been a good hire, but may have needed a little more seasoning first. 

That was the fear. Stepping into a job like Texas was over his head

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

So does Guilbeau come back, with Paterson leaving? 

i can't believe those guys actually fired him, in season no less.

wonder who they think they are going to hire, and how quickly they are going to find out they are a worse job than TTU (and SMU if Dykes leaves)

watch them end up with Justin Fuente lol

1 hour ago, NoName said:

i can't believe those guys actually fired him, in season no less.

wonder who they think they are going to hire, and how quickly they are going to find out they are a worse job than TTU (and SMU if Dykes leaves)

watch them end up with Justin Fuente lol

I think they had no choice.....seeing SMU overtake them in recruiting their gronds.

I'd take both Quentin and Gilbeau at this point. Also someone please take Dykes so Samples needs a job and we can get rid of Coleman also putting us in a favorable position for Hudson. While we are at it Helton needs to to fired so Carrington can come on back.

…Patterson comes on as an analyst for the remainder of the season then transitions to DC for 2 years…

13 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I'd take both Quentin and Gilbeau at this point. Also someone please take Dykes so Samples needs a job and we can get rid of Coleman also putting us in a favorable position for Hudson. While we are at it Helton needs to to fired so Carrington can come on back.

Helton was fired in September

Edited by LTtxfan

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting