Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

11 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah I realized that was what the sentence meant a bit too late. So raffling off signed items seems like the easiest method. One ticket to the raffle for every $x paid in. And an extra ticket if you pay in with a $100 handshake. 

What the fuck do you think is happening at the burnt ends dinner? lol

• Hook 'Em 4

Thanks for the sharing and transparency.

As a regular guy with a life, I enjoy Surly but it was not immediately apparent to me that it was the best place to financially contribute to my Horns.

There might be quite a few like me.

Thanks for getting the ball rolling.

It seems like NIL really will be the future of the program.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

What the fuck do you think is happening at the burnt ends dinner? lol

Oh I'm sure it is. Just thinking there could be a memorabilia website that does nothing but these raffles for players all around the country. Keep a minimal cut for the business to make it legal and cover website costs (plus a little profit so the Plonskys around the country don't bitch).

Turn it into a competition by posting school leaderboards on the site both overall and by sport.

I could use some work right now, somebody pay me to do this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, immamac said:

Paying you superstars is for the big corporate sponsors who can throw big money around to large audiences to drive a product. Paying everyone on the team is for everyone else to take care of and pick up the slack on.

Appreciate the reply and clarification on IT’s deal with Card. As an outsider, I thought the quote above was basically what IT did with Card, just on a smaller scale. I wasn’t trying to hold it up as a game changer, just that they were doing something that puts money in a player’s pocket, which is more than the other $9.95 sites did, as far as I know. I’m not trying to hold them up as the model for going forward. 

23 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

To be frank, I watched zero seconds of the Card and TE content. I know that they had to do it because those are the rules, but they are Longhorns and that is enough of a benefit for me.

you should listen to the Burnt Ends podcasts, they are interesting - at the very least you get to hear Sanders learn in real time about pole assassin and gia the monkey.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Oh I'm sure it is. Just thinking there could be a memorabilia website that does nothing but these raffles for players all around the country. Keep a minimal cut for the business to make it legal and cover website costs (plus a little profit so the Plonskys around the country don't bitch).

Turn it into a competition by posting school leaderboards on the site both overall and by sport.

I could use some work right now, somebody pay me to do this. 

I have this really cool domain that I bought.

nil.exchange

texas.nil.exchange just redirects here. 

Do you think that would work?

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

I have this really cool domain that I bought.

nil.exchange

texas.nil.exchange just redirects here. 

Do you think that would work?

I'm not good at domain name ideas. I thought surlyhorns was stupid as fuck and we see how right I was about that. No offense. 

But I'd think for the Plonsky defense it might need to not have NIL in it. Basically the company's mission would be memorabilia sales even though everyone knows what the real mission is. Haven't read up on all the state laws though. 

Edited by Huckleberry

20 minutes ago, burdine said:

Thanks for the sharing and transparency.

As a regular guy with a life, I enjoy Surly but it was not immediately apparent to me that it was the best place to financially contribute to my Horns.

There might be quite a few like me.

Thanks for getting the ball rolling.

It seems like NIL really will be the future of the program.

Congrats on the flair. Let's get this motherfucker going

7 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I'm not good at domain name ideas. I thought surlyhorns was stupid as fuck and we see how right I was about that. No offense. 

But I'd think for the Plonsky defense it might need to not have NIL in it. Basically the company's mission would be memorabilia sales even though everyone knows what the real mission is. Haven't read up on all the state laws though. 

Not sure what the deal is on set memorabilia websites like that actually. I would have to read the autograph rules more in depth, I think its more one off shit

38 minutes ago, immamac said:

I've been pretty transparent about the finances of this site and often post subscriber counts etc. I don't run this site for a personal profit, even though people think I may.

If you know people who want to see the books to do business with us, hook them up with me I'll show them everything. We aren't keeping any money and I pour nearly all of the profits from the site into Community driven activites (Tailgates, bartabs, NIL, etc)

Surly essentially runs at as close to a 0 balance as possible january to january. I do this because I want to house a community that I am passionate about and want to grow and be inclusive. I also do this because We're Texas and FUCK everyone else. We started Burnt Ends in August so this is only about 4 months of Burnt Ends funds. Next year this will be a 

image.png.c785daa386828409630255d2d47c9648.png

We have December outgoing 6k for the 6 guys who are still eligible and 5k for Cade (who is no longer a Burnt End, this is not NIL, but would have been due under the contract) and the dinner (likely 3-4k for booze, service and venue etc) and the ~4k we have going out to X and RoJo. 

There has been ~3k in credit card processing fees

We have had ~5k in bartabs and public events

We have spent ~10k on tailgate events and supplies

Servers/Rent/Cloud + stuff related to running the site is ~20k

Paying out contract labor stuff to help with things I didn't have time for was about 10k. 

I don't see a line item for the wreath fund. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Haha 1

Per IT - Savion Red is going to OV to Texas.

From Standish at IT: 

He is an electric playmaker, led GP to the best season in modern history at QB. A dynamic guy that is likely in the 4.4 range now.

I still don't love the offer but honestly, I'd rather have Red than Nabors after watching tape again.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Per IT - Savion Red is going to OV to Texas.

From Standish at IT: 

4.4 at what 210? That's pretty fucking fast. I see why the low ranking. A guy playing QB that isn't going to play QB in college, after a covid year. Makes it hard to project. Could be a stud, who knows.

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t agree with what others are saying about the bag game. They’re going to magically wind up with 5 key guys around signing day. It will also dissipate over time. 

Is this in reference to the good guys or A&M? Seems like you've had some confidence on us closing guys at signing day but idk.

Also, if us, is there a good reason our staff is waiting until near signing day to make their moves? I obviously don't understand the game but it seems like waiting allows other schools to lock people down in the meantime like Evan

5 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

If 4.4 is accurate, sign him up.  

I don't think it is.  He certainly isn't running away from DB's in his hudl like you would expect a 4.4 guy to do.  But by all accounts he is tough as hell and single-handedly took a historically shitty team to the playoffs and won a game.

He's probably the 30th guy in this 33 player class - but why not take a chance on a kid that is tough, has some skills, and is clearly a leader (oh and also who seems to be very popular with a loaded 7on7 team)?

1 hour ago, immamac said:

I have offered this several times before. If you have a business or money you want to get to a player reach out to me directly and we will make it happen where 100% (or as close to that as possible without me keeping any) goes to the player(s).

We (Surly Horns) will facilitate any NIL deals as we have experience, access and exposure. 

Yeah if you own a roofing company, spend your marketing budget on a current player and not a DT from when I was in school- even if he never lost to a&m. 

1 hour ago, NoName said:

if you are going to talk shit about NIL and raising money, go pay for burnt ends first.

image.png.ddc91ed0363b78ede21360a670d123a1.png

It's really the only reason I joined so I can bitch about NIL. If I wasn't a Burnt Ends subscriber all my bitching wouldn't matter, well matter significantly less than it already does. Regardless pay into burnt ends or you're a dumbass retard who should shut the fuck up.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It's really the only reason I joined so I can bitch about NIL. If I wasn't a Burnt Ends subscriber all my bitching wouldn't matter, well matter significantly less than it already does. Regardless pay into burnt ends or you're a dumbass retard who should shut the fuck up.

Chill the fuck out, he already paid his dues.

image.png.d938ab08470ee52d636af000ea25711a.png

Edited by Longhornlove

3 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Word is that Choate wasn’t grasping just how bad this season went so Sark sent him to see Pearl Harbor to understand the magnitude.  

Should have sent PK so he could have an experiential reference for how far it feels like our CBs & LBs play off the line on 3rd & 4th & short. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I don't think it is.  He certainly isn't running away from DB's in his hudl like you would expect a 4.4 guy to do.  But by all accounts he is tough as hell and single-handedly took a historically shitty team to the playoffs and won a game.

He's probably the 30th guy in this 33 player class - but why not take a chance on a kid that is tough, has some skills, and is clearly a leader (oh and also who seems to be very popular with a loaded 7on7 team)?

I watched his hudl too, and he seems to have little burst at all. Seems to be caught from behind often, or grabbed while trying to get through the hole. Not anything that screams 4.4 to me.

25 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

4.4 at what 210? That's pretty fucking fast. I see why the low ranking. A guy playing QB that isn't going to play QB in college, after a covid year. Makes it hard to project. Could be a stud, who knows.

2 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

I watched his hudl too, and he seems to have little burst at all. Seems to be caught from behind often, or grabbed while trying to get through the hole. Not anything that screams 4.4 to me.

For God's sake, there is only ONE person on this site who has any idea what 4.4 looks like and that is @closetojumping

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, immamac said:

I've been pretty transparent about the finances of this site and often post subscriber counts etc. I don't run this site for a personal profit, even though people think I may.

If you know people who want to see the books to do business with us, hook them up with me I'll show them everything. We aren't keeping any money and I pour nearly all of the profits from the site into Community driven activites (Tailgates, bartabs, NIL, etc)

Surly essentially runs at as close to a 0 balance as possible january to january. I do this because I want to house a community that I am passionate about and want to grow and be inclusive. I also do this because We're Texas and FUCK everyone else. We started Burnt Ends in August so this is only about 4 months of Burnt Ends funds. Next year this will be a 

image.png.c785daa386828409630255d2d47c9648.png

We have December outgoing 6k for the 6 guys who are still eligible and 5k for Cade (who is no longer a Burnt End, this is not NIL, but would have been due under the contract) and the dinner (likely 3-4k for booze, service and venue etc) and the ~4k we have going out to X and RoJo. 

There has been ~3k in credit card processing fees

We have had ~5k in bartabs and public events

We have spent ~10k on tailgate events and supplies

Servers/Rent/Cloud + stuff related to running the site is ~20k

Paying out contract labor stuff to help with things I didn't have time for was about 10k. 

You’re THE fucking man too 

21 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

He’s a thickly built kid, if someone his size was a legit 4.4 they’d be ranked way higher and have way more offers.

17 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I still wonder if Red could be a Safety or even LB recruit for us. At 5'10, 210 lbs, doesn't really profile as a Sark WR.

Those numbers are innacurate, stop just looking at what 247 has listed, they’ve been way off since Covid.

Those numbers came from the Opening way back in March 2019. Safe bet he’s not the same size as then.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting