Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

43 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It's always a surprise to me when I read how linear, simple, and uninformed many grown men are when it comes to how various business approaches by people with financial wherewithal play out, or in their mind, how such matters should play out. The entitlement, the impatience, the simple scenarios of things like idiotically just throwing millions of dollars out there with no understanding of why, just doing it. Shit like that happens when buyouts are discussed, how the bag game does or doesn't work, and now NIL, plus much more. I assume most people here went to UT, so I assume there are a lot of sociology grads posting or some shit. Maybe a lot of young guys too.

Coming back to this thread after 7 hours of meetings and work and wow, there's no easy way to even address some of the bad bullshit and weak assumptions.

I told this board weeks ago that the price had moved north of $250k. That wasn't speculative. 

-----

Like I said earlier today, I still think Texas winds up with 5 key guys that kind of suprise us all on or around signing day. It won't be because our brand or results won out. I do not believe Stewart will be part of that. I do believe we're going to wind up with some key OL targets. The NIL stuff won't hurt on that either.

Really does seem like there has been a lot of smoke from multiple sources around the OL group that attended the Kansas game. 

3 minutes ago, HornsTX231994 said:

Have they fired Diaz yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This seems similar to the Herman situation with us. 

This was reported:

But various UM insiders are refuting it

And one insider going as far as to say Cristobal is happening. They haven't even hired an AD yet, so even if true, the Zenitz report is premature at best. Bruce Feldman reporting that Diaz likely out and Cristobal is the guy. Chaos

To be honest, if I had to choose between an elite WR and a couple key OL, I know where my priorities lie after watching this current team.

I think you’ll be able to find a couple good WR in the portal, but OL are rare to nonexistent.

I feel less confident however after getting beat for Stewart that we will land these key OL unless they’re talking about recruits not named, Dewberry and Banks. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

To be honest, if I had to choose between an elite WR and a couple key OL, I know where my priorities lie after watching this current team.

I think you’ll be able to find a couple good WR in the portal, but OL are rare to nonexistent.

I feel less confident however after getting beat for Stewart that we will land these key OL unless they’re talking about recruits not named, Dewberry and Banks. 

Agree with this.  If the offense can add 3 good OL I would be happy.  Spending a bunch of money on Mims from OK would be perfect to go with X.  Not sure what we can bring in on D but with some good OL we can finally start to build a real team again.  What we really need is to get Elon Musk on board with UT football.  I would have no problem with naming the field Elon Musk Field if he starts throwing big money around to our recruits.  Free Teslas, cash and rocket ship rides into space for everybody!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Agree with this.  If the offense can add 3 good OL I would be happy.  Spending a bunch of money on Mims from OK would be perfect to go with X.  Not sure what we can bring in on D but with some good OL we can finally start to build a real team again.  What we really need is to get Elon Musk on board with UT football.  I would have no problem with naming the field Elon Musk Field if he starts throwing big money around to our recruits.  Free Teslas, cash and rocket ship rides into space for everybody!

Renaming our song "The Elon of Tesla"  is a bridge too far. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

THink it's gonna be a tough pull for the big name WRs that hit the portal until the QB situation gets addressed.  Is Casey staying or leaving?  If he bails, is card staying or leaving?

I don't think any of those are good options. Other players and recruits think they suck

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

It's not that I'm pretentious, it's that you're stupid. And you know it. So you feel inferior.

You’re the one asshole I’d love to meet in person I’d truly would I have to meet the fucking waste of Sperm that runs his mouth so much. I’d likely risk the jail time to to break your fucking jaw because I know your bitch ass would run to the police 

Edited by Sgt Hulk
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

If and when Texas gets this NIL worked out and players around the country see the possibilities, the portal could be a crazy pipeline of quality starters and contributors. You very well could have kids lined up begging to be on the roster. You could have a walk-on program better than anyone has ever seen.

This is the goal.

13 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I’ll be shocked if we end up with any OU players. Texas hatred is real, one of the reasons they kick our ass so much.

This. I just don’t see it. Those stupid fucks throw horns down the rest of their lives…just look at Mayfield. It means more to be against Texas than to be for anyone else in their minds 

5 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

You’re the one asshole I’d love to meet in person I’d truly would I have to meet the fucking waste of Sperm that runs his mouth so much. I’d likely risk the jail time to to break your fucking jaw because I know your bitch ass would run to the police 

go drunk hulk.  you're home.

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

lulz

The best part is you do a good job of proving me right every single time. This is a stupid person's response. Now I'll ignore you moving forward because you're screwing up yet another thread.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

You’re the one asshole I’d love to meet in person I’d truly would I have to meet the fucking waste of Sperm that runs his mouth so much. I’d likely risk the jail time to to break your fucking jaw 

Stand Back David Banner is getting angry

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, theBigHen said:

Without any inside info I’m gonna go ahead and guess the commit is Kobie McKinzie. Feels like the kid has been practically begging to join the class the last couple days. 

Nah. His dad says he won’t commit without visiting and they’re waiting to see the OU hire.

Could change though. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting