Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

6 minutes ago, TotallyLegit said:

onemore.gif.9de2cede92770c442af5fa988d17f0dd.gif

"It's SHITE being Aggies! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the fucking Earth! The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into Division I. Some hate the t-sips; I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are OWNED by wankers. Can't even find a decent school to be owned BY. We're beaten by effete arseholes. It's a SHITE state of affairs to be in, Liucci, and ALL the bagmen in the world won't make any fucking difference."

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

There are no Ts in the Hawaiian language, friend

16 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

What is Tua Tagovailoa?  Was I correct that McMillan wasn’t Hawaiian?

11 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

He's from Hawaii but he's Samoan.

waynes-world-i-was-not-aware-of-that.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Keep in mind we are rebuilding the trenches on both sides due to absurd mismanagement.  We will easily take 7 or more OL if we get quality like Neto etc.  Unless we have injuries, I wouldn't expect more than 2 in this class to burn a shirt year so that spaces things out and helps us prepare for the SEC in 2023/24 with quality, developed lineman.  That is something we haven't had for 10+ years. 

Imagine having a rotation with little to no drop off on the OL - that is what this class helps build and plug glaring deficiencies in depth and just not sucking. 

I don't know enough to judge OL feet but at Williams size, he seems more like a guard to me? Thoughts?  As one poster said earlier, I love the Neto get. All of our guys have pancake highlights but this kid - it's like watching MMA what he does to people. He had so many crushing pancake blocks that were over 10 yards downfield - wow, I'm thrilled on this commit. Hell, one play I think he may have nearly killed some kid. The kid didn't move afterwards.  Reminded me of Ricky knocking players out with his thighs.

Same thoughts on all the stellar DL recruits. Wonderful gets with all our new linemen - this is a program building class.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Flood and Motherfuckin Bo Davis are having a class.  Fuck did we need it.  Thanks to a little coaching change luck and the BAMFs here that got H4H started, we look to finally have restocked the talent pool in the trenches. 

OL: Majors, Karic, Jones, Angilau, Connor, Banks, Williams, Neto, Hudson, Robertson with a perceived lead for Agbo and Campbell 

DL: Broughton, Murphy, Sweat, Collins, Ojomo (haven’t seen his plans), Coburn, Bledsoe, Tapp, Finkley, Ross, Bryant, Swanson

Hell of a class

2 hours ago, hornlife said:

Keep in mind we are rebuilding the trenches on both sides due to absurd mismanagement.  We will easily take 7 or more OL if we get quality like Neto etc.  Unless we have injuries, I wouldn't expect more than 2 in this class to burn a shirt year so that spaces things out and helps us prepare for the SEC in 2023/24 with quality, developed lineman.  That is something we haven't had for 10+ years. 

Imagine having a rotation with little to no drop off on the OL - that is what this class helps build and plug glaring deficiencies in depth and just not sucking. 

I don't know enough to judge OL feet but at Williams size, he seems more like a guard to me? Thoughts?  As one poster said earlier, I love the Neto get. All of our guys have pancake highlights but this kid - it's like watching MMA what he does to people. He had so many crushing pancake blocks that were over 10 yards downfield - wow, I'm thrilled on this commit. Hell, one play I think he may have nearly killed some kid. The kid didn't move afterwards.  Reminded me of Ricky knocking players out with his thighs.

Same thoughts on all the stellar DL recruits. Wonderful gets with all our new linemen - this is a program building class.  

11 minutes ago, speed817 said:

So are taking 7 OL guys this class???  Numbers are gonna be tight the rest of the way

I'd give up skill for developing trenches right now. We need to restock the trenches and they are doing that. We have QB done - I'd like another X for WR. but I'm willing to wait unless greatness. We also need LB and CB and I'd give up some positions until next year for some we are after.  I could see us taking 8-10 OL if everything hit.  Too many on this class when rebuilding an OL depth chart you say no too.  Most would shirt - we need that depth and rebuild - same on DL.  Next year is still a rebuild - 2023 - our guys will be SEC ready and in a hell of a lot better place than most SEC schools.  2023 will be great for Horns.

• Like 1

Edit: Meant to quote @Newy25

They’re absolutely going to take Agbo and to not do so would be foolish.

The OL room is such a mess that you can’t say no to good prospects, you add them and work it out in practice. If there are a couple transfers over the next few years then so be it. It helps in that regard that these guys are on pretty varied developmental tracks. Banks is favored to start year 1 and could only be here 3 years. Campbell is not a lock according to recent developments but if he is in, he’s another guy that could play his first year and is probably here no more than four years if things work out. Agbo and Cam Williams absolutely need redshirts. Robertson, Hutson, and Neto all have degree of position versatility, especially Neto. You’re not necessarily taking 7 guys competing for 5 spots over the same exact time period. There’s some wiggle room given the state of the unit, which is why you go big.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Thiefery said:

I'm gonna go with Mims if the player is from the portal that will surprise/shock everyone

So, I may or may not have been asking everyone I know how much money it would take to throw at Mim, in a legal way, to get him here and I may or may not have been trying to line up some commitments to make that happen if it were doable. This would clearly leave me extremely gruntled. 

• Hook 'Em 4

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting